New course opening in a week in KY. Well, it’s a redesign, but it looks INCREDIBLE! I cannot wait to go play here.

Park Mammoth Golf Club

New course opening in a week in KY. Well, it’s a redesign, but it looks INCREDIBLE! I cannot wait to go play here.

Park Mammoth Golf Club

Super excited about this chandler has sunk a ton of money into this. It's about 20 min from my place. Come down and let's tackle it!

It really looks good, I've been following the build for 2 years?

Park Mammoth Golf Club

Playing this tomorrow, I was going to wait until summer so some of the newness had worn off and it wouldn't be so crowded.... but I got a text today asking if I wanted to fill out as a 4th.

Playing this tomorrow, I was going to wait until summer so some of the newness had worn off and it wouldn't be so crowded.... but I got a text today asking if I wanted to fill out as a 4th.

yesssss. Let me know how it is!!

yesssss. Let me know how it is!!

Course was in great shape, not 100% where I would say it's complete. The Bermuda is just now coming out so there's a lot of brown spots, the bentgrass greens are crazy nice, and in the summer will be stupid fast. The clubhouse is under construction, so they have a temporary mobile office. It's nice but limited food and drink options. Candy, hotdogs, adult beverages, sodas, a few golf balls. The minimum really. The clubhouse looks huge, so I think once it's complete, it will really make the course. The course is wide open.... if I play 18 with the same ball, it's open. 😆 especially in 20-30mph wind while shooting 92. 😆
20220430_125929.jpg20220430_110113.jpg20220430_101750.jpg20220430_101633.jpg20220430_093110.jpg20220430_121430.jpg

Last edited:
Course was in great shape, not 100% where I would say it's complete. The clubhouse is under construction, so they have a temporary mobile office. It's nice but limited food and drink options. Candy, hotdogs, adult beverages, sodas, a few golf balls. The minimum really. The clubhouse looks huge, so I think once it's complete, it will really make the course. The course is wide open.... if I play 18 with the same ball, it's open. 😆 especially in 20-30mph wind while shooting 92. 😆
View attachment 9084952View attachment 9084953View attachment 9084954View attachment 9084955View attachment 9084956View attachment 9084957
Wait your training on wide open courses with few hazards 🤣

Wait your training on wide open courses with few hazards 🤣
I wouldn't call the bunkers on that course few 😁 that being said, I'm working on a few things with a coach and need to build some confidence 😆

Course was in great shape, not 100% where I would say it's complete. The Bermuda is just now coming out so there's a lot of brown spots, the bentgrass greens are crazy nice, and in the summer will be stupid fast. The clubhouse is under construction, so they have a temporary mobile office. It's nice but limited food and drink options. Candy, hotdogs, adult beverages, sodas, a few golf balls. The minimum really. The clubhouse looks huge, so I think once it's complete, it will really make the course. The course is wide open.... if I play 18 with the same ball, it's open. 😆 especially in 20-30mph wind while shooting 92. 😆
View attachment 9084952View attachment 9084953View attachment 9084954View attachment 9084955View attachment 9084956View attachment 9084957

well I’m jealous.

i say you need to show me around there this year?! 😂

well I’m jealous.

i say you need to show me around there this year?! 😂
This is one of 2 hidden gems in the area. You give me a day when you're free and I'll make either one or both happen.

My buddy is playing in the Mid Am here in Kentucky, and I am going to caddie for him.
We are playing a practice round there next Sunday the 9th at 2pm eastern.

looking for 2 people that want to play and round that foursome for our practice round.

Harmony Landing Country Club
Big Spring Country Club, Inc. Harmony Landing Campus
13201 Reading Rd, Goshen, KY 40026
Sunday, Oct 9
2pm ET
$100 green+cart
next Sunday the 9th at 2pm eastern.

My buddy is playing in the Mid Am here in Kentucky, and I am going to caddie for him.
We are playing a practice round there next Sunday the 9th at 2pm eastern.

looking for 2 people that want to play and round that foursome for our practice round.

Harmony Landing Country Club
Big Spring Country Club, Inc. Harmony Landing Campus
13201 Reading Rd, Goshen, KY 40026
Sunday, Oct 9
2pm ET
$100 green+cart
next Sunday the 9th at 2pm eastern.

I'd do this 💯 if we weren't in Myrtle beach

Bump!

We are looking into a trek to the Louisville area in March to get a jump-start on the Wisconsin season and celebrate my 50th birthday.

Goals:
- golf 3 days (Thursday/Friday/Saturday)
- bourbon-related tourism
- willing to drive reasonable distances from lodging
- quality is more important than cost

Do you have suggestions for:
- lodging?
- golf?
- bourbon?

TIA!

We are looking into a trek to the Louisville area in March to get a jump-start on the Wisconsin season and celebrate my 50th birthday.

Checking back in about this trip...

We booked a VRBO just off the east end of Main St.
Have booked tours/tastings at Peerless, Jim Beam, and Prohibition Craft.
Have one tee time set at Chariot Run across the river in Indiana. (nice of them to allow it so far out)

Looking for 2 more golf course options in the Louisville area:
- considering one of the Fuzzy Zoeller courses, Covered Bridge or Champions Pointe
- considering Heritage Hill (mostly b/c it's close to Jim Beam)

Any thoughts on this plan? Others we should be considering instead?

Have one tee time set at Chariot Run across the river in Indiana. (nice of them to allow it so far out)

- considering one of the Fuzzy Zoeller courses, Covered Bridge or Champions Pointe

Those are all fantastic courses. I've personally played them all and can say you'll see they are great public options. @KY Golfer really likes Nevel Meade but I've not been to that one. Several that came to the Bourbon Bash got a chance to play there.

i’d lean Champions Pointe over Covered Bridge.
Heritage Hill is a fun one.
Like @Qwkz51 mentioned, and @KY Golfer will attest, Nevel Meade is probably the best public course in the city.

Just got back from our spring trip to the Louisville area. Weather was definitely cool-ish but playable and we came prepared.

Thursday 3/10: Heritage Hill. Interesting and fun course through the hills and bluffs along the Salt River. This was the first time any of us had played dormant zoysia, so the yellow grass was curious. It played just fine though. The closing hole from up high on the hill was fun: I played it safe, but 2 guys attempted to drive the green over the water...one made it on his first shot, one on his second. The clubhouse was comfortable for a post-round beer before we ran down to Jim Beam.

Friday 3/11: Chariot Run. Gorgeous links course in great shape with green bentgrass. We all loved this course, and would make the drive again to play it. Wind started around 15mph and held at 30mph mid-round for 2 holes before dropping. That's makes for a challenging day on a course with no trees, and we still loved it. The greens were very quick for this early in the year and took some getting used to as I managed to 3-jack the 1st and 4-jack the 2nd after being GIR on both holes. :sick: The staff, clubhouse, and food were all very welcoming.

Saturday 3/12: Covered Bridge. This is a good example of a classic American course. Dormant zoysia again that played nicely. They'd had some flooding a few days before we arrived so it was a touch wet and muddy, especially if you got to close to the creek. The first handful of holes on the backside are narrow and tough with OB on both sides due to houses and property edge. The finish for both sides on 9/18 is great coming up to the clubhouse along either side of a big pond. Stunning clubhouse with a great view and very good food. Biggest disappointment was the assistant pro not arriving to open the clubhouse until 8:59am when we had 9:00/9:10am tee times, so no chance to warm up. He did make it up to us by giving us some good discounts on pro shop purchases.

ky1.jpgky2.jpgky5.jpgky3.jpgky4.jpg

Just got back from our spring trip to the Louisville area. Weather was definitely cool-ish but playable and we came prepared.

Thursday 3/10: Heritage Hill. Interesting and fun course through the hills and bluffs along the Salt River. This was the first time any of us had played dormant zoysia, so the yellow grass was curious. It played just fine though. The closing hole from up high on the hill was fun: I played it safe, but 2 guys attempted to drive the green over the water...one made it on his first shot, one on his second. The clubhouse was comfortable for a post-round beer before we ran down to Jim Beam.

Friday 3/11: Chariot Run. Gorgeous links course in great shape with green bentgrass. We all loved this course, and would make the drive again to play it. Wind started around 15mph and held at 30mph mid-round for 2 holes before dropping. That's makes for a challenging day on a course with no trees, and we still loved it. The greens were very quick for this early in the year and took some getting used to as I managed to 3-jack the 1st and 4-jack the 2nd after being GIR on both holes. :sick: The staff, clubhouse, and food were all very welcoming.

Saturday 3/12: Covered Bridge. This is a good example of a classic American course. Dormant zoysia again that played nicely. They'd had some flooding a few days before we arrived so it was a touch wet and muddy, especially if you got to close to the creek. The first handful of holes on the backside are narrow and tough with OB on both sides due to houses and property edge. The finish for both sides on 9/18 is great coming up to the clubhouse along either side of a big pond. Stunning clubhouse with a great view and very good food. Biggest disappointment was the assistant pro not arriving to open the clubhouse until 8:59am when we had 9:00/9:10am tee times, so no chance to warm up. He did make it up to us by giving us some good discounts on pro shop purchases.

View attachment 9164299View attachment 9164300View attachment 9164305View attachment 9164306View attachment 9164308
All three of those are among my favorite in the northern part of the state/southern Indiana. Like like you all had a blast!

Back