Kentwool Graduate Performance Compression Sock Preview Thread

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
If you've been around THP for a while you have undoubtedly heard KENTWOOL socks mentioned. I recently received another offering in the long line of quality Kentwool performance socks, The Kentwool Graduate Performance Compression sock.

414.png

Here is some product info from the company:

Product Description

The Graduate: Features & Benefits

All KENTWOOL socks combine unparalleled comfort and performance features. Our Graduate Compression Sock is no exception. In fact, The Graduate takes other compression socks to school. Specially engineered with a combination of super fine merino wool and high tech fibers—and designed for maximum versatility and multi-purpose use—The Graduate is a medically certified graduated compression sock designed to promote increased circulation and superior cushioning. It also comes with the KENTWOOL Lifetime Blister-Free Guarantee.

• Made from 18.5 micron super-fine Merino wool—one of the softest hands of any fiber

• Thermoregulatory capabilities: cools in summer, insulates in winter

• Naturally absorbent: holds up to 30% of its weight in moisture

• Natural wicking keeps moisture and sweat away from skin to keep you dry, comfortable

• Non-abrasive and friction-resistant to skin—No Blisters!

• Odor resistant—does not bond with bacteria

• High-performance fibers are easy to clean and highly durable

• Natural and high-tech fibers provide maximum elasticity to conform perfectly to your foot

• Cocona fiber drastically reduces friction to eliminate abrasion and skin irritation

The Graduate is a long and tight compression sock that easily slides up to my knee and slightly higher if desired. I have worn them a lot around the house and one for a round of golf while I walked in relatively cool temps and I was amazed at how great my feet felt the entire round. Kentwool is known for their quality and the Graduate certainly lives up to that reputation. At $40 a pair the Graduate is not an inexpensive option however with a lifetime blister-free guarantee and some outstanding quality high-performance fibers these socks seem to be built to last.

Stay tuned to the THP homepage for a full review and to learn a little more about KENTWOOL socks.

Very interesting Jake...I love me some Kentwool and Swiftwick socks.....but I can't tell you that last time I wore socks that long! I play 85% of my rounds or more in shorts...I do play a handful of times in the winter with temps in the 30's or 40's in the early morning...might have to grab a pair for those days.

Kentwool are absolutely great socks. This is the first I have seen of the compression sock, but I switched all of my socks (slowly) over to Kentwool. They are perfect for both cold and warm weather. While they are expensive, the one thing I have noticed. I have a couple of pairs that are over a year and half old. They still look brand new.

I like this option for work, I spend the majority of the day, on my feet in boots, and the compression would be an added benefit. Not to mention the added warmth. Jake, can you speak to the thickness of these socks?

I like this option for work, I spend the majority of the day, on my feet in boots, and the compression would be an added benefit. Not to mention the added warmth. Jake, can you speak to the thickness of these socks?
They're thicker than a standard cotton tube sock, but not thick like a wool sock, hope that makes sense.

The thickness is all down in the foot, the compression part of the socks aren't real thick at all.

Have you had any trouble with them making your legs itch? With socks that tall they always seem to bother the hair on my legs, just wondering if the compression factor negates that at all.

Have you had any trouble with them making your legs itch? With socks that tall they always seem to bother the hair on my legs, just wondering if the compression factor negates that at all.
I thought of that too but really I pulled them on and pretty much forgot about them even being on or up that high.

I have a pair of Kent Wool socks and they are by far the best of socks that I have ever owned. I am looking forward to adding to my collection

very interesting. Curious how long a pair of these last. I go through socks way to fast. Would have a hard time paying that much for a pair unless they lasted a really super long time. The makeup of these and the features are really intriguing.

Interested to read the long term thoughts and benefits of these Jake. I'm a swiftwick guy and wear the knee high compressions on chilly days under pants and they are great. They are supposed to help circulate blood flow which is why many long distance runners wear them (with shorts even).

$40 is steep no doubt....but I've found that the Swiftwick's which I pay $20 for last a LONG time so I'm sure these do also.

These have my attention. I wear pants a good chunk of the year, so length is no issue.

After trying out some other performance socks I'm a big fan of the concept.

These have my attention. I wear pants a good chunk of the year, so length is no issue.

After trying out some other performance socks I'm a big fan of the concept.

I might drop some cash on a pair for the same reason. I now live in an area that I am wearing pants to play all winter and this interests me.

Definitely an interesting product. I always bought cheap UnderArmour socks, but thanks to THP, have been introduced to the world of Swiftwick, and their wool sock is my favorite. I'll definitely look into these as well.

I'm always looking for a pair of socks for those long days out of season walking 18-27-36. Lifetime blister free warranty, my feet would be thanking me.

Back