Kerr Birdies for Breast CA

soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
I know she isn't everyone's favorite and while I am not a fan of hers on the golf course, her charity work is outstanding. Here is the newest fundraising effort:

Kerr's latest endeavor
WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2010

Cristie Kerr has been on a mission to increase breast cancer awareness since 2003, when her mother was diagnosed with the disease. In her latest endeavor, the 12-time winner on the LPGA tour has teamed up with Kwiat, a New York-based diamond company, to create a limited-edition collection of high-end necklaces and earrings, each set in 18-carat gold and accented with a pink sapphire.

"I love high-fashion and I've been supporting breast cancer research for so many years, so high-end jewelry seemed like a natural fit," said Kerr, at a launch event last Tuesday night on Madison Avenue. "Plus, my family grew up with the Kwiats, and they were excited to help."

The earrings come in two sizes (small, $3,425; large, $6,600), as does the pendant (small, $2,150; large, $3,700), and ten percent of every purchase goes towards Birdies for Breast Cancer, Kerr's breast cancer research and awareness foundation. Interested fashionistas and breast cancer activists can buy Kerr's Kwiat pieces immediately by shopping at Kwiat galleries in New York City and Las Vegas.

I chatted with Kerr at her launch event in New York City, and if the turnout was any indication of how successful her new collection will be, Birdies for Breast Cancer is about to become much more robust.

--Ashley Mayo

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-dige...0/05/kerrs-latest-endeavor.html#ixzz0nFSiYymM

Kerr donates $50 for every birdie and $100 for every eagle and that is matched by her sponsor Mutual of Omaha. She holds several golf events including one right outside of NYC and has raised over $650,000 total.

I agree with you Soxy. I am not a fan of hers on the course but I do respect anyone who is involved in charity work.

If I recall, she's also recruited other players to donate the same $50 and $100.

Plus it's nice to see Ashley Mayo is still writing, presumably for money.

Birdies for Breast Cancer is an awesome idea!

If I recall, she's also recruited other players to donate the same $50 and $100.

Plus it's nice to see Ashley Mayo is still writing, presumably for money.

I think you are right Claire. She has "Team Birdies" which is Morgan Pressel (she also has her own charity for breast cancer), Natalie Gulbis, Christina Kim and Kelly Kuehne.

Back