Kevin Kisner Tweet

HITitHIGH

Reaction score
Handicap
Kevin Kisner's tweet,

Kev is still learning to stay away from social media because you really must not always expose to the world what you are thinking

I don't do social media, so I have no idea what you are referring to.

He should of course know better. Good on him for apologizing. We all def make mistakes.

I sometimes feel saddened at the lack of civility that seems to predominate our culture.

Don't like that Kisner responded, and don't like Chapman using his platform to be political. (n)(n)

Don't like that Kisner responded, and don't like Chapman using his platform to be political. (n)(n)
Welcome to the internet and social media. It is where everyone has a platform. Not everyone had to agree with everybody but the internet is where all the stupid comes out. How you define stupid could be very different than how I define stupid but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Last edited:

I agree! Since when do the PC folks get to call all the shots? I'm going to be 68 years old, tomorrow! Probably old enough to be one of Chapman's parents. When I go into a public space, I wear a mask and I social distance. Also, when I leave that public space, I leave my mask on until I re-enter my vehicle and can sanitize my hands. I realized early on, that removing my mask as soon as I left the store, I was touching my face with little protection.

We had to cancel 4th of July because my Sis caught the bug! It was pretty early on, but she felt poorly for about a month. Her business was shut down anyway, and finally her husband urged her to see a doctor and get tested! I have to say that our family are not big "doctor goers"! We soldier through!

But, she got over it and tested negative, so the invite was out. My Bro has COPD and called his doc. He said it might not be a good idea with a COPD patient to be in close proximity to a recently tested COVID-19 positive! Well, my Bro smoked in the past, but no longer does so. I've smoked in the past an continue to do so to this day! If anyone should have COPD it should be me! So, I called off the trip as well.

We're hoping to get together for a family dinner at a local restaurant on the 19th, Haven't heard from my Sis, but hope she made reservations!

I sometimes feel saddened at the lack of civility that seems to predominate our culture.
Don't we all. I once recall a time where people could disagree and have open discussions. Now it turns into name calling and the "I'm right and you are wrong" all the time. The word compromise seems to have disappeared from the english language.

it was dumb and insensitive. i like kis a lot and this doesn’t change that. the subject matter of rex’s tweet is very sad and i wish them all the best, but he took it to a place that invited conflict and that’s on him.

it was dumb and insensitive. i like kis a lot and this doesn’t change that. the subject matter of rex’s tweet is very sad and i wish them all the best, but he took it to a place that invited conflict and that’s on him.
Perfectly said. Thank you.

Chapman, meanwhile, said that he would block Kisner on the social media platform and following the apology added, “People don’t get to continue to say sh***y things to other people and just apologize like everything is fine. Words matter.” He then offered another parting response to Kisner’s apology, saying: “Not accepted. Done with people like you. We all are.”

Get out the bubble wrap, this is going to be a big one.

Stop with the political BS, Sports people. We get it, you're one sided. Let's pretend like in a Nation of 300+ million people, one person is going to be the difference lmao.

//goes on social media
"awful things happened to my family"
"I blame one person"
//is shocked by responses on SOCIAL EFFING MEDIA

come on. If you're going to use the platform for that kind of thing, grow the skin a bit thicker.

//goes on social media
"awful things happened to my family"
"I blame one person"
//is shocked by responses on SOCIAL EFFING MEDIA

come on. If you're going to use the platform for that kind of thing, grow the skin a bit thicker.
It’s so true. The minute you stand on your political soap box, you have opened a door so wide that you are inviting a semi truck to plow through, which of course usually happens. So then, why act shocked and hurt?

Chapman no longer plays basketball and posts on twitter a lot - usually great video. He has the right to post what he wants. Kisner, being on the PGA Tour, has that right, but should think more before he tweets, because he is still an active player and he reflects on the Tour. But hell, we all make emotional errors. Not a big deal.

So Mark Calcavecchia tweeted about having the virus. Does Kisner want to tell him he didn't follow protocols too?

It’s so true. The minute you stand on your political soap box, you have opened a door so wide that you are inviting a semi truck to plow through, which of course usually happens. So then, why act shocked and hurt?
bubble.
wrap.

People can't handle it.... and I am sure guys like Kisner end up getting tired of reading it just like the rest, especially when it doesn't fit their own narrative.

If Kisner is guilty of anything, it's taking the bait. He's saying what millions are thinking after reading something like that, and he should probably know better - but then again, Kis is the kind of guy to not care haha

the protocol is what i say it is, which is also based on the last youtube video i watched:greenalien:

professional athletes rarely say anything profound...

Back