OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone here have one? Rented one? Friends or family have one? Anyone have any first hand experience with them? I'm gonna be in the market for an SUV soon. If the Bronco doesn't tickle my fancy, then I'm going back to the drawing board. Was leaning toward a Grand Cherokee, but I read a friend of mine on FB talking up the Kia and figured I'd check here.

Anyone?

I know several people with Sorrento's that love them. My dad has one and I have driven it several times. It's a great car. We are probably going to buy one soon as my son is going to start driving in a year and we can give him my wife's old car.

A co-worker leases Kias and is on this third or fourth as a family. He loves 'em. My understanding is Korean autos have made quantum leaps in quality and reliability, but I have no first-hand knowledge.

Anyone here have one? Rented one? Friends or family have one? Anyone have any first hand experience with them? I'm gonna be in the market for an SUV soon. If the Bronco doesn't tickle my fancy, then I'm going back to the drawing board. Was leaning toward a Grand Cherokee, but I read a friend of mine on FB talking up the Kia and figured I'd check here.

Anyone?
I am also interested in the Telluride. I have seen them on the road and like the looks. I love Jeeps also but hate the fact that there are QC issues. I'm not saying all of them. But I have known so many people have zero issues with one Jeep, and the next one they get it's in the shop all the time.

Following this thread.
My wife wants a Telluride or Palisade to replace our truck.

I like the looks of the telluride.
But i would never stray away from a jeep. I have a very clean 2010 jeep commander with 102k miles that i drive and it will never leave the family. its a jeep and im treating it as though its an old jeep that you take care of and i just cant get rid of.

41F3233E-A8B4-49B4-86E4-017D1BA3429C.jpeg

I am also interested in the Telluride. I have seen them on the road and like the looks. I love Jeeps also but hate the fact that there are QC issues. I'm not saying all of them. But I have known so many people have zero issues with one Jeep, and the next one they get it's in the shop all the time.

I've had 4 Jeeps (Liberty, Grand Cherokee, Commander, and Wrangler) and they were all good. Not perfect, but nothing major or chronic.

I like the looks of the telluride.
But i would never stray away from a jeep. I have a very clean 2010 jeep commander with 102k miles that i drive and it will never leave the family. its a jeep and im treating it as though its an old jeep that you take care of and i just cant get rid of.

Loved my Commander. Probably should have just had the tcase rebuilt instead of getting rid of it. Could've saved some cash.

I've had 4 Jeeps (Liberty, Grand Cherokee, Commander, and Wrangler) and they were all good. Not perfect, but nothing major or chronic.
Yeah I think they opened a new plant in Italy, and have read tons of complaints regarding issues from vehicles being made there. Don't get me wrong Everytime I car shop Jeep is always on the list.

Haven't looked at the Telluride but one of the guys that I golf with was in the market for his wife a couple months ago and asked me what I thought as I used to be in the auto business. They were looking at a Ford Explored, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and Nissan Pathfinder. I told him out of those I would stick with the Honda or Toyota but that I would look at the Hyundai Palisade. Hyundai owns most of Kia and I just like the interior looks better. One of the big things was the Interior lighting on the dash of Kia was red vs a greenish blue in the Hyundai. Hyundai chose that color as that is what the Germans found to be easiest on the eyes at night.

She went with the Palisade after looking at all of them and has been happy. Kia to Hyundai is a lot like Chevy to GMC in that the Hyundai and GMC are usually just a little nicer interior overall. You can't go wrong with either of them though and they both have the same warranty. I know the new Hyundai's come with Hyundai Bluelink free for 3 years which is like OnStar and lets you start it and set the temperature from your phone which can be nice during the summer.

One of the big things was the Interior lighting on the dash of Kia was red vs a greenish blue in the Hyundai. Hyundai chose that color as that is what the Germans found to be easiest on the eyes at night.

Which is interesting, because about 30-35 years ago, Pontiac (remember them?) made a big deal about red instrumentation lighting in their 6000 STE performance sedan. They claimed it was modeled after USAF cockpits, with studies backing up the color choice. It was a little bit of an urban legend at the time that if a prospective buyer expressed reservations about the red lighting, sales reps were to say, "Yeah, we find that older men tend to have more problems with the red lighting than younger men."

Last edited:
Yeah I think they opened a new plant in Italy, and have read tons of complaints regarding issues from vehicles being made there. Don't get me wrong Everytime I car shop Jeep is always on the list.
I've know some people that have had Jeeps recently and had trouble with them. None of these are Wranglers though which is what I have. I wouldn't buy anything other than a Wrangler from Jeep know. Maybe the new Gladiator but at that price I can get a loaded Silverado or Sierra for less if you catch them at the right time with the huge rebates.

Haven't looked at the Telluride but one of the guys that I golf with was in the market for his wife a couple months ago and asked me what I thought as I used to be in the auto business. They were looking at a Ford Explored, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and Nissan Pathfinder. I told him out of those I would stick with the Honda or Toyota but that I would look at the Hyundai Palisade. Hyundai owns most of Kia and I just like the interior looks better. One of the big things was the Interior lighting on the dash of Kia was red vs a greenish blue in the Hyundai. Hyundai chose that color as that is what the Germans found to be easiest on the eyes at night.

She went with the Palisade after looking at all of them and has been happy. Kia to Hyundai is a lot like Chevy to GMC in that the Hyundai and GMC are usually just a little nicer interior overall. You can't go wrong with either of them though and they both have the same warranty. I know the new Hyundai's come with Hyundai Bluelink free for 3 years which is like OnStar and lets you start it and set the temperature from your phone which can be nice during the summer.
Thank you for the explanation and as a VW owner I always felt VW got it right with the interior lighting. Plus they make it incredibly easy to dyi your own lighting.

Here is my interior on my Golf

Thank you for the explanation and as a VW owner I always felt VW got it right with the interior lighting. Plus they make it incredibly easy to dyi your own lighting.

Here is my interior on my Golf

What am I missing? You just made it blue? How?

What am I missing? You just made it blue? How?
Yeah I always change the colors of my interior. I hate the blinding white manufacturers put in

My parents bought a Telluride when they were first released so they must have had it for a year or close to it now. They have no complaints. I've driven it a few times and it seems nice. I don't think people would be comfortable in the third row for too long so I wouldn't buy it if I had more than 5 people riding in it regularly.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know about the car or its features?

My parents bought a Telluride when they were first released so they must have had it for a year or close to it now. They have no complaints. I've driven it a few times and it seems nice. I don't think people would be comfortable in the third row for too long so I wouldn't buy it if I had more than 5 people riding in it regularly.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know about the car or its features?

Not really. Chances of us having more than 5 people in it are slim to none now. Our oldest is out of the house. Our middle is driving now. The little girl rarely goes anywhere with us. It would only be 3-5 people if we're going on a trip or something and that's seldom. The back seats would likely be down most of the time to make room for golf clubs.

Nothing specific. Mainly wanting to see if anyone jumped it with horror stories on it since I knew it was new.

We were looking at the Telluride...until we got in one and a Palisade at the auto show and my wife and I fell in love with the Palisade. We were about 95% sure we were going to go with the Telluride but the Palisade offers a touch of class that cannot be passed up. My wife says that the Telluride feels very oversized and masculine while the Palisade fits her better (5'2") and feels much more luxurious, which I cannot disagree. The interior of the Telluride left much to be desired while our Palisade feels extremely nice. That being said we don't have the top of the line Palisade but it is very optioned out. If you are thinking of the Telluride, I would definitely give the Palisade a fair shot. It is also I believe $1,000 cheaper.

I'll second you on the Kia vs Hyundai. When I was speaking with the employee at the auto show he had mentioned that Kia is going to go for a sportier feel or the feel that it will get you somewhere on the back roads while Hyundai is going for luxury.

Also the Hyundai Bluelink is very awesome. My in-laws had a similar app in their Mercedes but they hated it as it seemed to never work. I'm really impressed with the Hyundai Bluelink as it gives you a lot of details about the vehicle and all the options you would need as far as heating/cooling your car, locking your car, etc.

Just changed the bulbs?
Correct but not all manufacturers make it easy to do so, VW has always been easy to get bulbs for and switch them out, or add footwell lighting too if thats your thing.

I a not overly familiar with the Telluride. But I have seen, driven and have considered replacing my wife's current Ford Exploder [sic] with a Hyundai Palisade. I think the Palisade offers a lot of value for the price. I do not know about long term performance, but it is great looking with a ton of features for much less of a price than competing options. I am also waiting to see what the Genesis GV80 will look like when it is released.

I'll second you on the Kia vs Hyundai. When I was speaking with the employee at the auto show he had mentioned that Kia is going to go for a sportier feel or the feel that it will get you somewhere on the back roads while Hyundai is going for luxury.

Also the Hyundai Bluelink is very awesome. My in-laws had a similar app in their Mercedes but they hated it as it seemed to never work. I'm really impressed with the Hyundai Bluelink as it gives you a lot of details about the vehicle and all the options you would need as far as heating/cooling your car, locking your car, etc.
Yeah it's super easy to work the app on your phone as well. I wholesaled vehicle for a while and Hyundai's technology is up there with most of the higher end luxury brands. My mom has a 2016 Acura RDX and the back camera looks so grainy and terrible compared to the same or even previous years of the Hyundai's. You also typically get more technology features with the Hyundai's and Kia's in a lower package compared to some of the other brands.

I a not overly familiar with the Telluride. But I have seen, driven and have considered replacing my wife's current Ford Exploder [sic] with a Hyundai Palisade. I think the Palisade offers a lot of value for the price. I do not know about long term performance, but it is great looking with a ton of features for much less of a price than competing options. I am also waiting to see what the Genesis GV80 will look like when it is released.
Yeah the Genesis line is sweet! I remember driving one of the new G80 Sports when they first came out and that was such an awesome car.

For the record, the Bronco is definitely tickling my fancy.

Back