Kinetixx Technology and the Environment

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As the world keeps on turning, the wants, needs, and desires of us who call this big blue marble home have gone through as much change as the planet itself. It is that change which has become one of the most dynamic, opinionated, and heavily talked about issues we are facing.

Within this topic has come the notion of “going green”, and it is only natural that golf is playing its part in seeking out ways to have a better relationship with the world around us. After all, it is a game literally intertwined with nature. This idea is more than just golf courses though, we have recently seen some of the “big” names in golf manufacturing come out with products featuring “eco-friendly” aspects. However, not all attempts at this are created equal.

At THP we always look to go directly to the source, whether it be the actual equipment, the news, or the stories. So, we decided to reach out to a company quite literally on the forefront of environmental awareness and sustainability...

Continue reading...

• Staff
This one is deep, it’s a little technical, and there’s some thinking involved. But, in the end I’m pretty blown away that they not only own their factory and produce their pre preg, but are totally solar and energy run. It’s a definite difference in being a green focused company and having a couple green focused products as some companies have.

Hope you all give it a read.

That was a good read. In a segment with so much competition for the consumers business, it's a good way to stand out and hopefully appeal to those golfers who truly care about and want to change the environment. Its interesting they can produce 2.5x the amount of energy they need. Not sure they are doing this, but a lot of manufacturing processes that create heat can then recycle that heat and turn it into fuel to produce power. Couple that with solar power, and they really have something. The world is demanding companies to go green, so hopefully consumers will think about putting their money towards a product that is made with this thought at the forefront.

That was a good read. In a segment with so much competition for the consumers business, it's a good way to stand out and hopefully appeal to those golfers who truly care about and want to change the environment. Its interesting they can produce 2.5x the amount of energy they need. Not sure they are doing this, but a lot of manufacturing processes that create heat can then recycle that heat and turn it into fuel to produce power. Couple that with solar power, and they really have something. The world is demanding companies to go green, so hopefully consumers will think about putting their money towards a product that is made with this thought at the forefront.

Agreed! This was a fascinating read.

• Staff
It’s well beyond impressive imo, and I had NO idea that they were this forward thinking in terms of their environmental footprint.

I know some roll their eyes when the whole “green” topic comes up, but this is pretty eye opening.

Starting to like this company more and more....

First: Fascinating piece and really makes me want to look to this company in the future.

Second: Does any of this correlate with the price of their equipment? Arent' they normally on the higher end? Is that because they do things differently like this or is because they just want to be a premium company?

there are parts of the golf industry i am just so out of touch in, one might say all of them but this is one of them.
i wouldnt know where to start or finish with shafts.its disheartening but what do you do...
James, nice write up as always, really like the innovation in finding ways of going green.

there are parts of the golf industry i am just so out of touch in, one might say all of them but this is one of them.
i wouldnt know where to start or finish with shafts.its disheartening but what do you do...
James, nice write up as always, really like the innovation in finding ways of going green.

The easy answer is get fit and not worry about it.
If knowledge is wanted, go check out two older videos we did called Lab Rats and make sure to start with episode 1. It can give the knowledge straight from the experts.

First: Fascinating piece and really makes me want to look to this company in the future.

Second: Does any of this correlate with the price of their equipment? Arent' they normally on the higher end? Is that because they do things differently like this or is because they just want to be a premium company?
Actually, they’re lower than most. Driver shafts are 249.

Just read this. Nice job. I overlooked thinking this was another shaft/equipment company kind of thing. I’m always interested but can’t day to day process the full scope of options.

I appreciate efforts to consider environmental impacts in things like manufacturing. It is important and can also be smart for sales and the bottom line. Drivers of innovation can come from many different perspectives, including sustainability. I like seeing this.

Actually, they’re lower than most. Driver shafts are 249.

Looks like I needed to do more research before commenting. My bad. I'll be checking them out for sure. I thought I saw some iron shafts at one time that were way up there, but I suppose just like any brand they have more expensive options.

Looks like I needed to do more research before commenting. My bad. I'll be checking them out for sure. I thought I saw some iron shafts at one time that were way up there, but I suppose just like any brand they have more expensive options.
The 110 iron shafts are 79/shaft, but graphite iron shafts are always more expensive since there are so many. But MMT’s come in around 83/shaft, ACCRA are 50 iirc, and Recoil 110’s are 44-45.

They are pretty high end for the iron line, but not the top price point. Very interesting tech though.
In the metal wood space, they are right in the middle, despite getting rave reviews.

Interesting read. To be honest, I found the observations about final product performance and innovative, material- and energy-efficient processes to be far more impressive than the solar part. Having spent a fair amount of my career in polymers and composites, they have a great story.

Few things in life are as good or bad as conventional wisdom makes them out to be. IMHO, solar is not one of them.

Interesting read. To be honest, I found the observations about final product performance and innovative, material- and energy-efficient processes to be far more impressive than the solar part. Having spent a fair amount of my career in polymers and composites, they have a great story.

Few things in life are as good or bad as conventional wisdom makes them out to be. IMHO, solar is not one of them.
Thanks for talking the time to read it!

This one is deep, it’s a little technical, and there’s some thinking involved. But, in the end I’m pretty blown away that they not only own their factory and produce their pre preg, but are totally solar and energy run. It’s a definite difference in being a green focused company and having a couple green focused products as some companies have.

What an interesting read and a truly impressive operation! Definitely a lot going on there and am appreciative of their forward thinking when some countries are insistent on burning coal.

I’m a believer in solar technology in every aspect... and this is no exception!

Glad I decided to read this one! This is a company I knew nothing about and now I will be following closely. Thanks for the information and write up James!

Glad I decided to read this one! This is a company I knew nothing about and now I will be following closely. Thanks for the information and write up James!
Appreciate you taking the time!

They are really nice people also, it may take a day or two but they always respond to emails and like to answer questions. Great read about how they care about things.

Back