Review Kinetixx Tuned Putter Shaft Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Who would have ever thought that some of the biggest innovations and ideas in golf equipment would at some point be putter shafts? Well, it really feels like that is where we are at right now with companies finally questioning the most unchanged shaft design in the bag. At THP we have been able to spend time with a few of these shaft designs, but it could very well be that none are as outside the box as the Paderson Kinetixx Tuned putter shafts.

Quick Take
Outside the box might be selling the Kinetixx Tuned putter shafts short. Delivers undeniable amounts of stability, but without a traditional grip and a beefy overall weight. This one has to be experienced to really understand.

Continue reading...

Nice write up, Jman. Enjoyed the read. (y)

I'm using one of these right now and find myself really enjoying it. Definitely a different sensation, but I continue to come back to it.

Pass for me.

Nice review though.

Nicely done, James. Really nice write up. Are the Red and the Blue the same weight even with the counterbalancing in the Blue? How much higher does the counter balance move the balance point in the blue up from the red?

Would love to try one of these but I don't have any putters that they will fit in. Damn you "love of double bends"! :)

• Staff
Nicely done, James. Really nice write up. Are the Red and the Blue the same weight even with the counterbalancing in the Blue? How much higher does the counter balance move the balance point in the blue up from the red?

Would love to try one of these but I don't have any putters that they will fit in. Damn you "love of double bends"! :)
Blue is actually a few grams lighter. It’s a 65% balance vs the 60% of the Red as well. So 10-13ish grams difference?

I do think being limited to either a really really short straight in center shaft or a plumbers neck is a bit of a hindrance for them all things being honest. I know a lot of people use PN putters, but I fee like mallet users might be more inclined to want to use something like this.

Its definitely an out of the box concept, and makes a lot of sense. I'd like to give a few rolls at some point to check it out for myself, it makes sense to me. I guess a lot of the specialized putter shafts aren't available in a Double Bend options, mean I probably need to get a bit more flexible in putting connections. lol

Nice write up! I too keep thinking this would be "too weird" to use, but I've said that before and had my mind changed.

Great review! Wild concept. Are these carried in retail stores?

Blue is actually a few grams lighter. It’s a 65% balance vs the 60% of the Red as well. So 10-13ish grams difference?

I do think being limited to either a really really short straight in center shaft or a plumbers neck is a bit of a hindrance for them all things being honest. I know a lot of people use PN putters, but I feel like mallet users might be more inclined to want to use something like this.

Agreed which is why I was curious. I prefer mallet and shapes like the Las Vegas that push higher MOI but unfortunately most of those head shapes in a face balanced setup use shaft shapes like double bends to achieve it. The complex shape shaft is going to be a hard one to replace for this concept I would imagine. I look at the Stroke Lab sitting next to me and wonder if it would be as simple as switching the fiber section with one of these cut down to length size but seems like square peg/round hole.

Its definitely an out of the box concept, and makes a lot of sense. I'd like to give a few rolls at some point to check it out for myself, it makes sense to me. I guess a lot of the specialized putter shafts aren't available in a Double Bend options, mean I probably need to get a bit more flexible in putting connections. lol

Yeah, that's the limitation I think. Custom shafts not being able to replicate mass produced complex shapes like double bends. Not sure what that solution would be to provide a replacement.

Great review! Wild concept. Are these carried in retail stores?

I dont think you will find them at too many. They can be had direct from their website and some fitters will carry them as well.

Agreed which is why I was curious. I prefer mallet and shapes like the Las Vegas that push higher MOI but unfortunately most of those head shapes in a face balanced setup use shaft shapes like double bends to achieve it. The complex shape shaft is going to be a hard one to replace for this concept I would imagine. I look at the Stroke Lab sitting next to me and wonder if it would be as simple as switching the fiber section with one of these cut down to length size but seems like square peg/round hole.

Yeah, that's the limitation I think. Custom shafts not being able to replicate mass produced complex shapes like double bends. Not sure what that solution would be to provide a replacement.
Yes, this. I prefer Face balanced mallets, so not sure how they would address this market.

nice write up james, the technology and innovation thats going into shafts is mind blowing let alone now putter shafts, to me its crazy. from a general mass id really like to know what kind of feeling they get from using one of these. is there a significant feeling difference? what do you feel?

Good write up but the grip is the thing that has me a little skeptical. I wonder how well the coating will hold up over time and without being able to put a traditional/aftermarket grip on it, it kinda limits it. But, most people that are going to drop $135 on a putter shaft might be more welcoming to the idea than I am.

Nice review.

Definitely interested but would for sure want to feel it in hand and on a putter before buying. I like the idea though.

Man that is wild looking. Would 100% have to try it a lot before I considered pulling the trigger on this one.

Nice review. I don't see myself ever trying this, but I do appreciate companies that think radically even if it is not for me. Would you be able to attach an Arccos sensor to this shaft?

Great review, but way out of my price range. Quite frankly, until I got one in my hands and on my putter head, I struggle to see the benefits. But that could always change.

Man that is wild looking. Would 100% have to try it a lot before I considered pulling the trigger on this one.
We are going to have to make this happen. I think you would love it

We are going to have to make this happen. I think you would love it

Always down to try something to be a little less sucky of a putter.

I absolutely love the idea of variety, something unique, and frankly weird.. But man, no grip on a putter shaft just rattles my cage something fierce.

What is most intriguing to me is 0.0 torque. HELL yeah that sounds fun.

I absolutely love the idea of variety, something unique, and frankly weird.. But man, no grip on a putter shaft just rattles my cage something fierce.

What is most intriguing to me is 0.0 torque. HELL yeah that sounds fun.
Yeah. Mentally I don’t think you’d care for them based on the grip thing. That said, it seems like a lot to get over, but like I mentioned in the article it’s actually not as odd as expected.

Nice review. I don't see myself ever trying this, but I do appreciate companies that think radically even if it is not for me. Would you be able to attach an Arccos sensor to this shaft?
I know @mancest was trying to rig it, but without devising some sort of contraption I don’t see how it would work well together.

I know @mancest was trying to rig it, but without devising some sort of contraption I don’t see how it would work well together.

@oumagic I got mine on and it wasn't too bad. they match up well but you need to cut off the screw portion of the sensor then I wrap black athletic tape around it to connect the sensor to the butt end of the shaft.

If I were to be making a putting change of some sort, I would give this item a thorough look see. The "0" torque caught my eye, as did the no rubber grip.......grip. Who'd a thought.

Additionally while reading this "very well written" article, my first thought was "just another $300+ golf item", that most golfers would not be inclined to purchase. Then, seeing what I consider a a decent price, my interest peaked a little more.

Sounds promising.

Back