Review Kinetixx Tuned Putter Shaft Review

Just looking at the opening of this shaft and the size of the attachment on the Toulon Indy CS that just showed up.... I think if you play shorter than standard and tip trim you could bore it out and fit this on it.... If you are playing standard length with the taper I don't think you can make it work.

Thinking about cutting off the tip I have and trying it this afternoon.

Reactions: JB
If I were to be making a putting change of some sort, I would give this item a thorough look see. The "0" torque caught my eye, as did the no rubber grip.......grip. Who'd a thought.

Additionally while reading this "very well written" article, my first thought was "just another $300+ golf item", that most golfers would not be inclined to purchase. Then, seeing what I consider a a decent price, my interest peaked a little more.

Sounds promising.
Appreciate the kind words. (y)

Just looking at the opening of this shaft and the size of the attachment on the Toulon Indy CS that just showed up.... I think if you play shorter than standard and tip trim you could bore it out and fit this on it.... If you are playing standard length with the taper I don't think you can make it work.

Thinking about cutting off the tip I have and trying it this afternoon.
Man, but talking about boring out is going to alter the structural design of the shaft.

Plus, that’s not just going to be below standard, it’ll be way below standard potentially.

Man, but talking about boring out is going to alter the structural design of the shaft.

Plus, that’s not just going to be below standard, it’ll be way below standard potentially.

It would be well short of standard so pretty limited crew, but is that more damaging to structural design than the probably an 1/8'" or more I had to shave off the outer diameter to get this to fit into the hosel on a different putter?

It would be well short of standard so pretty limited crew, but is that more damaging to structural design than the probably an 1/8'" or more I had to shave off the outer diameter to get this to fit into the hosel on a different putter?

I’m not sure, but I can ask for you.
Send me a PM with your exact two options and I will get you the answer from the guy that created it.

There is way more material to remove internally to do this though, no? Sure seems like it to me. Perhaps a pic of the putter head and hosel you’re talking about.

Regardless, this exposes my biggest “issue” if you will with the shaft design, it’s limited in terms of both length and styles. But the style aspect is the same for all graphite putter shafts, they’re pretty limited to in hosel applications and not over hosel.

Yuck. Don't like that whole grip situation...or lack thereof actually. BTG Stability shafts are plenty fine by me.

@JB how long have you had yours and how do you think it would hold up long term (3 years plus)?

@JB how long have you had yours and how do you think it would hold up long term (3 years plus)?

I could make the case it would hold up better than anything, because there is no grip to wear out. I dont think durability will be any concern at all.

There is way more material to remove internally to do this though, no? Sure seems like it to me. Perhaps a pic of the putter head and hosel you’re talking about.

I actually think it is less material removing from the interior diameter than OD but I honestly cannot eyeball that. For reference it is a Toulon Madison and CS Toulon Indy. Cut down to play at 33 or so in the Madison. I like 32” in my odyssey so I could trim a little more off but would start to get a little shorter on the Indy.

Attachments

• CCB5E7D2-0C75-4361-89BF-A31E39190FC1.jpeg
    CCB5E7D2-0C75-4361-89BF-A31E39190FC1.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 7
  • CCEE3504-4181-4406-97E4-0DB20EA05F68.jpeg
    CCEE3504-4181-4406-97E4-0DB20EA05F68.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 7
I completely like the idea and design of shafts but there is no grip on it.

I completely like the idea and design of shafts but there is no grip on it.
Correctamundo! As mentioned in the review, the butt end is the grip. Takes some getting used to for sure.

I actually think it is less material removing from the interior diameter than OD but I honestly cannot eyeball that. For reference it is a Toulon Madison and CS Toulon Indy. Cut down to play at 33 or so in the Madison. I like 32” in my odyssey so I could trim a little more off but would start to get a little shorter on the Indy.
Yikes. That scares the bajeesus out of me.

after playing with other putters for a while I finally got around to trying to instal this in center shaft head.

this is too short for 99.9 % of the golfing public but might be long enough for me.

sound is much better than what it was in the Madison but need to hit it on longer putts.

Attachments

• A9377F5B-6574-4628-882A-DB797093622D.jpeg
    A9377F5B-6574-4628-882A-DB797093622D.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 11
  • AED05FF1-8FE6-4380-925E-5993424AEDD6.jpeg
    AED05FF1-8FE6-4380-925E-5993424AEDD6.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 11
after playing with other putters for a while I finally got around to trying to instal this in center shaft head.

this is too short for 99.9 % of the golfing public but might be long enough for me.

sound is much better than what it was in the Madison but need to hit it on longer putts.

Oh snap. Looking forward to more feedback

Finally threw the kinetixx/Toulon Indy in the bag for a round today, and sound is definitely more on the muted end, but nothing bad. Feel is super stable, and I honestly love the round grip/texture. For a maiden voyage, I was impressed. Rolled in a 30'er from off the green for birdie and had a total of 32 putts (think another one of those was from off the green but oh well) and had several tap ins after lengthy 1st putts.

Might keep it in the bag for my match wednesday but that will be a game time decision.

I of course got more questions (2 guys had not seen this and were confused). I think like most that have seen me use it, they are curious, but not enough to try it (one has a stroke lab shaft in his odyssey) but the gripless design is out there when compared to not just putters but all clubs.

Finally threw the kinetixx/Toulon Indy in the bag for a round today, and sound is definitely more on the muted end, but nothing bad. Feel is super stable, and I honestly love the round grip/texture. For a maiden voyage, I was impressed. Rolled in a 30'er from off the green for birdie and had a total of 32 putts (think another one of those was from off the green but oh well) and had several tap ins after lengthy 1st putts.

Might keep it in the bag for my match wednesday but that will be a game time decision.

I of course got more questions (2 guys had not seen this and were confused). I think like most that have seen me use it, they are curious, but not enough to try it (one has a stroke lab shaft in his odyssey) but the gripless design is out there when compared to not just putters but all clubs.
Ohhhh. I like this. That combo sounds fantastic. Like you, I like the gripless shaft.

Ohhhh. I like this. That combo sounds fantastic. Like you, I like the gripless shaft.

The CS and short shaft... well it has me taking it back/through on such a small arc that I had no concerns over pulling/pushing short putts (which has been an issue for me). Really think this combo could stay in the bag and I would be incredibly happy with it. I want to try the Accra/Madison but this was really good today and I expected to grab my BOP at the turn yet just kept rolling with this.

Stable head, stable shaft and a limited arc could be exactly what I need.

Reactions: JB
Another 2 rounds since I last posted in here and honestly for the first time in a long time, I don't want to tinker with this spot in the bag. The round grip is great in my hands, the shorter length ended up being a blessing (if you ever want to waste an hour look up the ultimate putter fitting thread on this forum) and the stability/ease of lining up of the CS Indy combined with the stability of this shaft is just freaking magic for me.

Wednesday round I didn't make many long putts but my lag putting was solid, and despite making several poopy swings my putting kept me in a match against a way better competitor until the 17th hole

Yesterday on a course I hadn't played in years @time4tim saw me make a bunch of decent length putts for par and where my misses were leaving me within 2' of the cup. No 3 putts and 5 1 putts (total of 31) at a course I would not call easy and hadn't played for years = very pleased me.

Another 2 rounds since I last posted in here and honestly for the first time in a long time, I don't want to tinker with this spot in the bag. The round grip is great in my hands, the shorter length ended up being a blessing (if you ever want to waste an hour look up the ultimate putter fitting thread on this forum) and the stability/ease of lining up of the CS Indy combined with the stability of this shaft is just freaking magic for me.

Wednesday round I didn't make many long putts but my lag putting was solid, and despite making several poopy swings my putting kept me in a match against a way better competitor until the 17th hole

Yesterday in a course I hadn't played in years @time4tim saw me make a bunch of decent length putts for par and where my misses were leaving me within 2' of the cup. No 3 putts and 5 1 putts (total of 31) at a course I would not call easy and hadn't played for years = very please me.

Man I love hearing this. Is it weird that I search for putters knowing that I want to incorporate one of these shafts in?

Man I love hearing this. Is it weird that I search for putters knowing that I want to incorporate one of these shafts in?

not in the slightest. as we have talked about, it is like wanting your favorite grip on all your putters, but even more so because you know how this shaft solidifies the whole package. the thing i compared it to the most is it is like gripping a baseball bat, but with better traction on the handle.

not in the slightest. as we have talked about, it is like wanting your favorite grip on all your putters, but even more so because you know how this shaft solidifies the whole package. the thing i compared it to the most is it is like gripping a baseball bat, but with better traction on the handle.

It's funny. The part I was most afraid of was the lack of a grip. After a single round, you dont even think about it.

It's funny. The part I was most afraid of was the lack of a grip. After a single round, you dont even think about it.

Just goes to show you sometimes you have to try something out to find out if you actually hate it. I will say I had the same feelings when I got fit to the super short putter as the gripless shaft, but because the shorter putter worked so well it is probably what pushed me to trying this, and after a couple tries I think I found the right combo.

Your putting was on fire during the back nine. That set up you had looked great with the Indy. Has me rethinking my current gamer and set up.

Back