Review Kinetixx Tuned Putter Shaft Review

Your putting was on fire during the back nine. That set up you had looked great with the Indy. Has me rethinking my current gamer and set up.

a gnat farting has you rethinking your set up.

Just dropped it into a Toulon Seattle for a bit of a run.

Just dropped it into a Toulon Seattle for a bit of a run.

God that’s such a weird look. How have you liked the roll and feel?

God that’s such a weird look. How have you liked the roll and feel?

I genuinely do. Its strange I dont necessarily think I make more putts with it. But I do love the stability.
I also oddly like the feel.

I genuinely do. Its strange I dont necessarily think I make more putts with it. But I do love the stability.
I also oddly like the feel.
Oddly indeed. It’s so strange so see but if it works, don’t fight it.

Oddly indeed. It’s so strange so see but if it works, don’t fight it.
It has a satisfaction to it and it’s a good conversation piece as well

my guess is this is going to be if not the, one of the most polarizing pieces of golf equipment of at least this decade.

Most will be repulsed by it, but those that like it... love it.

Reactions: JB
my guess is this is going to be if not the, one of the most polarizing pieces of golf equipment of at least this decade.

I think Kinetixx has taken a lot of these stances and it is part of the reason I dig their style.

You might be right here. There is an urge to continue using it. I dropped it into a Toulon Design and the only way I can describe the feel is stable and sturdy. I don't have a SAM PutLab, but the GCQuad does a pretty good job of measuring, so I might jump on it today and test some theories.

Long term I just can’t, it’s not even the round non-grip-grip, it’s the general broadness of the shaft. It works as I found in my review, and the stability is legit as hell, but the look is just out of my comfort zone for long term use. I know many though who that won’t phase and will benefit.

I do still think that longer options would be nice, some of us out here don’t use super short putters :ROFLMAO:

Long term I just can’t, it’s not even the round non-grip-grip, it’s the general broadness of the shaft. It works as I found in my review, and the stability is legit as hell, but the look is just out of my comfort zone for long term use. I know many though who that won’t phase and will benefit.

I do still think that longer options would be nice, some of us out here don’t use super short putters :ROFLMAO:

Well I guess this putter shaft and long airplane rides are where us short legged mongrels have the upper hand :cool:. But yeah, I love it, other people I have let check it out have either looked at me like I have 3 heads or just not been a fan. C'est la vie.

Reactions: JB
My club champion fitter has this shaft in his gamer, a Seemore also. Almost asked him if he was a member of THP!

It is the craziest putter shaft I have seen, didnt know anything about it. I didnt like the grip/handle being built in personally.

My club champion fitter has this shaft in his gamer, a Seemore also. Almost asked him if he was a member of THP!

It is the craziest putter shaft I have seen, didnt know anything about it. I didnt like the grip/handle being built in personally.
IMO, it’s too much for most to get over. That said, it’s aimed at a small segment already so that’s ok.

I think I like this even more knowing that @Canadan didnt like it.

question...is there any way to have this shaft installed on a yes sophia putter? (my playing length is 33”) thx

question...is there any way to have this shaft installed on a yes sophia putter? (my playing length is 33”) thx
There sadly not, that one is an over-hosel shaft install, these only work for in-hosel designs. Sorry!

I picked up a used Yes Callie with a Tuned Blue shaft recently. I was curious about the shaft and also wanted an anser style head to mess around with and the price was right.

I was pretty impressed with the size and feel of the grip section. I’ve definitely tried rubber grips that felt worse. I usually prefer no insert or a firm insert, and the combo of low torque, no grip, and no insert was pretty high on the firmness scale for me. That being said, I didn’t have trouble hitting putts on a mat so maybe that stuff doesn’t matter so much.

I’ll keep it around and give it a go on the course, but would probably need a head with a softer face to really give it a serious go as a gamer.

Back