KINETIXX TUNED ZERO TRQ Putter Shaft

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
By now we all know that putters are seemingly the wild west of shaft design with everyone trying to get a piece of the growing segment. Well, some are definitely putting more heart and effort into it than others, and one who is arguably putting the most technology into theirs is KINETIXX.

Last year I was able to spend time reviewing their original foray into putter shafts, the TUNED, of which the article can be found here. In terms of pure performance, it stood tall, but the design was almost too outside the box with the butt end of the shaft itself being the round grip and a very hefty overall weight.

Fast forward to now, and KINETIXX has heard the feedback, and are out to prove they can keep all of the top tier performance of their first putter shaft but put it into a more traditionally accepted overall package. Did they succeed?

Continue reading...

Good write up @Jman! This is kind of the last frontier for graphite shafts it seems and KINNETIXX is really trying to take the lead here. That torque number is stupid. Did you try to hit any off the toe or heel and get an idea of how that felt?

It looks excellent. The torque number is ridiculous. Pair that with a high moi head and there should basically be zero deflection.

• Staff
Good write up @Jman! This is kind of the last frontier for graphite shafts it seems and KINNETIXX is really trying to take the lead here. That torque number is stupid. Did you try to hit any off the toe or heel and get an idea of how that felt?
Always during any putter review my guy! The misses are as important as the solid strikes (y)

No real feedback or feel change.

This is the most stable putter shaft I’ve ever reviewed, and the only one that when someone takes the putter to try draws an “oh wow, what the heck” reaction through the stroke.

This is unlike ANY other putter shaft out there.

• Staff
I’ll add this, if they could ever somehow design an overhosel version, I’d never use another putter shaft.

Excellent write up, this one is interesting. I love the wound appearance of Paderson shafts. Very high tech.

Pretty sure I am going to end up with one of these in my putter this year.

• Staff
It’s everything I could ask for in a putter shaft, and it’s so good it almost makes me want to play a plumbers neck just to be able to game one full time.

I've been taking mental inventory on which putter this might work best in. I think I have a candidate in mind :devilish:

Been waiting for this review! This shaft looks absolutely amazing and that torque James listed is no joke, this thing is solid but it feels fantastic. If I was interested in changing a putter shaft I'd definitely look this direction

The putter shaft is the least thought about shaft in my bag and it shouldn't be. I'd really like to try one of these someday.

hahaha I was reading the article and thinking the exact same thing to myself.

It's such a curious thing.

Big shout out here to @Jman for putting the time in on this one.

Sort of a different avenue here with shafts being the focus on a few of these lately, and I love it.
Have you ever used an aftermarket putter shaft?

I never really thought that a putter shaft would make a difference in such a small stroke :eek:

Have you ever used an aftermarket putter shaft?
Off the top of my head, I don't think so.

I ponder the Ozik's back in the day (because they looked awesome) but never went in on them.
Not sure why - I think this is absolutely something that should make sense.

I never really thought that a putter shaft would make a difference in such a small stroke :eek:

It may or may not, with that said, while the stroke is small, a miss is amplified.

Off the top of my head, I don't think so.

I ponder the Ozik's back in the day (because they looked awesome) but never went in on them.
Not sure why - I think this is absolutely something that should make sense.
I haven't either I always think A) they are too expensive or B) they look really weird and its just a putter shaft could it really benefit me that much? That being said I really thought this one was different and it looks awesome in hand.

I haven't either I always think A) they are too expensive or B) they look really weird and its just a putter shaft could it really benefit me that much? That being said I really thought this one was different and it looks awesome in hand.
meanwhile, every other shaft in the bag is grossly overthought hahahaha

We're strange creatures.

Like the looks of this shaft. I have a Breakthrough Stability Shaft so might have to give this one a spin. @Jman what is the cost fo this shaft-similar to their other ones? Curious that they offer it only two lengths.

Like the looks of this shaft. I have a Breakthrough Stability Shaft so might have to give this one a spin. @Jman what is the cost fo this shaft-similar to their other ones? Curious that they offer it only two lengths.
Should be in that same realm, we aren’t for certain just yet but maybe @JB knows more since the time I wrote this one.

This one is a truly unique beast.

Should be in that same realm, we aren’t for certain just yet but maybe @JB knows more since the time I wrote this one.

This one is a truly unique beast.

Waiting on confirmation, but should have it soon.

meanwhile, every other shaft in the bag is grossly overthought hahahaha

We're strange creatures.

Lol. I play DGX100, and I get great results with my daughter's Cleveland Launcher UHX irons with Miyazaki ladies flex. The same goes with her 40 gram Quaranta shaft in her driver, nothing but high bombs right down the middle.

Last edited:
Back