Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

It’s active, but stable, it kicks, but it feels like it’s tight as hell.

I’ve literally never swung anything like it.

I'm camped out on the front porch, waiting for delivery!

Initial Range thoughts. Feels like a noodle when you waggle. Very solid when I swing. Can feel more load than the smoke black 6.5 i was playing, but head seems to be in the right place consistently. Doesn't seem to be too high or spinny which was my biggest concern. Was prepared to turn the head down more and kept it at the 9.xxx whatever the mizuno turns down to one notch.

Last edited:
The blue looks so good!

Looking forward to hearing more thoughts on this!

Initial Range thoughts. Feels like a noodle when you waggle. Very solid when I swing. Can feel more load than the smoke black 6.5 i was playing, but head seems to be in the right place consistently. Doesn't seem to been too high or spinny which was my biggest concern.
That's really interesting! And how would you compare distance/dispersion?

Initial Range thoughts. Feels like a noodle when you waggle. Very solid when I swing. Can feel more load than the smoke black 6.5 i was playing, but head seems to be in the right place consistently. Doesn't seem to be too high or spinny which was my biggest concern.
Hmmmmm……

Initial Range thoughts. Feels like a noodle when you waggle. Very solid when I swing. Can feel more load than the smoke black 6.5 i was playing, but head seems to be in the right place consistently. Doesn't seem to be too high or spinny which was my biggest concern.

Sounds like the Orange Whip that I swing to loosen up every day.

That's really interesting! And how would you compare distance/dispersion?
Range plus honeymoon period. Too early to tell.

Distance seemed pretty close, but did better with a smoother transition than the smoke black. Still able to go after it without feeling like overpowering the shaft which has been an issue with "stiff" shafts before. Still seems to reward that 90-95% swing more, which I was hoping for.
Two way miss seems to come back with the ST-x where before the right was almost gone. But none of the misses were bad.

Curious to get it out on the course and hear more opinions for testers. As I had been looking at these for awhile but so few reviews out there, kinda lucked into one thanks to a fellow member and @e1iterate wouldn't sell me his ballistic.

As an aside. The lamkin sonar wrap I had laying around to put on here might be the worst grip in dealing with sweat in ever tried, which is too bad because I like it otherwise.

STAY TUNED! ... UPS My Choice says ...

I might have mine Friday since they are in Cali! Cannot wait to get this in play.

Initial estimated delivery here is showing next Tuesday, 7/27. :joy:

So my doorbell rang this morning after I got home from golf and lo and behold:

PK_1.jpg

Love the color, the Midnight Gold looks awesome and goes great with my Mav Max head:

PK_2.jpg

PK_3.jpg

I ordered it D20 (R flex), playing at 45". My current driver shaft has been a PX Evenflow Riptide 5.5 R at 45.5", which I've been playing for the past year and a half. Weighed them both on the scale - the PX Riptide weighed 116g, the Kinetixx weighed 114g (both with adapters and grips installed).

I was thinking about taking tomorrow off from golf, but there's obviously no way that's happening now with a new toy in the bag! :LOL: I'll have some initial thoughts after my round tomorrow. Thanks to THP and Paderson Kinetixx for the opportunity to be a tester for this shaft!

Last edited:
So my doorbell rang this morning after I got home from golf and lo and behold:

View attachment 9018198

Love the color, looks awesome and goes great with my Mav Max head:

View attachment 9018199

View attachment 9018200

I ordered it D20 (R flex), playing at 45". My current driver shaft has been a PX Evenflow Riptide 5.5 R at 45.5", which I've been playing for the past year and a half. Weighed them both on the scale - the PX Riptide weighed 116g, the Kinetixx weighed 114g (both with adapters and grips installed).

I was thinking about taking tomorrow off from golf, but there's obviously no way that's happening now with a new toy in the bag! :LOL: I'll have some initial thoughts after my round tomorrow. Thanks to THP and Paderson Kinetixx for the opportunity to be a tester for this shaft!

AWESOME! :love: FedEx is still showing Tuesday, 7/27 delivery for me. Look forward to your initial thoughts!

AWESOME! :love: FedEx is still showing Tuesday, 7/27 delivery for me. Look forward to your initial thoughts!

Same here. Hoping it gets here in time for me to take some cuts with it before league.

I just got a call from the office my new shaft is there! Leaving now to go grab it.

Ok i am back and the new Velocity shaft is in hand. I will say this comes packaged very well. The color i got was Midnight Gold in the D30+. The color is beautiful it looks more orange and the finish is like a flat paint. I am just starting to switch over to the GP micro suede grips. This is only my second one and i dig the feel. No issues at all swapping the heads over and i am ready to go. I will be hitting the range tomorrow for a long practice session and have a round scheduled for Sunday at my favorite course that requires a lot of driver! I cant wait to swing this tomorrow! It is overcast here today ill get some better pics in the sun when it quits raining so much.
shaft.jpgshaft1.jpgshaft2.jpgshaft3.jpgshaft4.jpgshaft5.jpg

2/2 orange so far. Interesting.

And the microsuede is the best grip out there. 👍

I am looking forward to my whole set being re-gripped soon! I will say on the color i struggled with choosing between all three. Kinetixx has done a great job with the color and graphics on these.

Got up early to hit the range at 6am and it is raining again :mad: maybe it will be ok later but I am excited to get this shaft outside to swing!

i left work early yesterday, so not sure if mine arrived. my wife and kids are out of town all week so i should be able to get lots of reps in.

Back