Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

I'm a high ball hitter with the driver. The Velocity allowed me to actually lower the loft and squeeze out some more ball speed with less spin. I was seeing 10-15 more yards than my Rogue White. Dispersion wasn't necessarily better, but I felt more confident, so I'm sure I would put more balls in play over time.

funny you mention that, i actually did the same thing when i tested the other day. i figured since the height was so good, lowering loft may give me more distance. it wasn't necessarily a good result, but that could be a number of factors, none of which has to do with the shaft. so it's something i'm totally down to explore further, because i think you're onto something with that thought.

I'm a high ball hitter with the driver. The Velocity allowed me to actually lower the loft and squeeze out some more ball speed with less spin. I was seeing 10-15 more yards than my Rogue White. Dispersion wasn't necessarily better, but I felt more confident, so I'm sure I would put more balls in play over time.

Whoa! ... gonna do some SureFit tweaking this weekend with the TSi2 and TS3. Fingers crossed!

funny you mention that, i actually did the same thing when i tested the other day. i figured since the height was so good, lowering loft may give me more distance. it wasn't necessarily a good result, but that could be a number of factors, none of which has to do with the shaft. so it's something i'm totally down to explore further, because i think you're onto something with that thought.
Lowering loft opens the face slightly and it did take some adjustment on my part since I miss to the right more often than not. I straightened it out after a couple range sessions and had some of my better driving days ever.

Got the sky blue going in the Radspeed XB Peacoat as we speak. Pretty excited to try this shaft out. I’ve had to change the swing recently to a more “body” friendly version so hoping the kick this shaft produces will help me out!

Lowering loft opens the face slightly and it did take some adjustment on my part since I miss to the right more often than not. I straightened it out after a couple range sessions and had some of my better driving days ever.

haha you hit the nail on the head. i'm struggling with a left path with an open face with driver right now. i also have the apw in my epic max pretty far out to the toe to protect against the low spin hook. so turning down the loft is not helping my face and path issues lol. i was also pretty tired when i tried this, so that could be a reason.

regardless, i absolutely think this shaft's characteristics are a huge benefit for someone like i am. i need launch, and i need spin. but more than anything, i need consistency! the velocity d-30+ gave me all of that from the VERY FIRST SWING. not only that, it was the very first swing after swinging like a donkey with two different shafts. it wasn't like i was already grooved then put this in; i was struggling pretty bad, popped in the d-30+, and proceeded to hit a high soft draw dead down my target line. lol wut?! the thing is pretty bonkers.

i'm playing saturday afternoon weather permitting. my thought is to bring my other driver with me and tee up a couple balls on holes to see the differences in results. if the course is busy and this isn't an option, i'll just play the velocity combo the whole time. i'm pretty familiar with the course and can comment on whether and how this performs vs my typical results.

I'm gonna see if I can make a range trip happen this afternoon.

it could be because the strike is so much better with the velocity. it could also be because the im10 is just not the best fit for me. i guess what i’m saying is if someone is already gaming a shaft that is very well suited to them, i don’t imagine this velocity will drastically improve dispersion. but like you, i imagine the velocity is very likely to increase height. for me that always translates into more distance because i’m low launch AND low spin.
My swing is so inconsistent that no shaft would "drastically" improve dispersion, unless it was a magic wand! :ROFLMAO: I didn't hate the Riptide at all and I don't think it was a bad fit for me - but from the small data set I have to this point, I do like the feel of the Velocity better. It still has good stability, but I like that it feels a little more active in my hands and I can actually feel a bit of the load/unload and kick without it feeling whippy.

Finally got it out on course on a scorching day.

Went straight to first tee so couldn't find a groove before. Sprayed drives like I haven't in awhile. Hit two tee balls most hole and hit 3/12 fairways with first drives. Bump up to 7/12 with a second shot.

Feeling a shaft with that much lag and kick is just weird and the timing is different than the rest of my clubs.

When i did connect it launched some pretty shots. Going to try to acclimate to a different transition at the top next few times out and see if it sticks.

Feeling a shaft with that much lag and kick is just weird and the timing is different than the rest of my clubs.

The feel/timing difference from the rest of the bag is what I felt, too, in my initial round with the Velocity. Hopefully, that will subside with some additional time with it.

I'm taking the optimistic view that, ideally, it will help me ingrain/maintain a smooth transition with all clubs throughout the bag.

The feel/timing difference from the rest of the bag is what I felt, too, in my initial round with the Velocity. Hopefully, that will subside with some additional time with it.

I'm trying to put better words to it. But with the smoke black I've played for awhile I could just fire from the top through the ball all at once.
With this guy feel like I have the let the head hang a bit at the transition, fire a fraction later and let the head catch up.

Should probably check the swing weight too. 🤔

Finally got it out on course on a scorching day.

Went straight to first tee so couldn't find a groove before. Sprayed drives like I haven't in awhile. Hit two tee balls most hole and hit 3/12 fairways with first drives. Bump up to 7/12 with a second shot.

When i did connect it launched some pretty shots. Going to try to acclimate to a different transition at the top next few times out and see if it sticks.

I'm taking the optimistic view that, ideally, it will help me ingrain/maintain a smooth transition with all clubs throughout the bag.

do either of you know if you have smooth or quick transitions? i definitely have a smooth transition, and this shaft didn't take any adjustment period for me.

do either of you know if you have smooth or quick transitions? i definitely have a smooth transition, and this shaft didn't take any adjustment period for me.

Probably on the quicker side.

Mine is smooth on the autopilot days. :cool:

My tendency with a new club, shaft, fitting session, etc., however, is for that transition to get jerky because I'm trying to gain distance, etc., from the shiny new object. That's why my first three holes were Army golf and then I figured it out and concentrated on my transition rather than trying to win a long drive competition.

Still, the shaft definitely has a different feel from the rest of the bag. But that's really not that uncommon with driver shafts. The Velocity is just a different different.

Should probably check the swing weight too. 🤔

Speaking of that, I can't find the shaft weight in any of the specs on the Paderson shafts web site. I'm assuming that it's 60g..

Got out to the range again this afternoon. Pretty solid left to right wind so not much was turning over (maybe some 7 irons). Brought my SC200 with me to get some ballpark numbers. I was actually a bit surprised at my swing speed as I've been languishing a bit exercise wise and haven't done any swing training in forever. High 90s topping out around 100ish according to the monitor. Hit a lot more balls today than I normally do at the range too.

Got a baseline with my HZRDUS Yellow. On the ripped shots that were around 100 I was seeing about 240 carry. Sometimes a little more/less depending. Others I was seeing high 220s to around 235. Pretty much everything leaking to the right a little due to the wind but most in my imaginary fairway.

Plugged in the Velocity and admittedly started out pretty slow. As long as I made a smooth transition and didn't really get after it, the results were a little better than my gamer in the low/mid 90 mph range. All had some tail but totally controllable. As I started to pick up speed, I started losing everything right. Ball go far, but they were slicing pretty hard on the swings around 100. The carry numbers were a little better, even with the lateral movement.

I'm gonna have to agree with some of the others here and say that I think this is 100% a timing thing. Always thought I had a pretty smooth transition, but maybe not so much. Regardless going to keep working on it. May get a chance on a couple holes tomorrow. The distance potential is definitely there. It's just a different swing than I'm used to.

This question is a great reminder i need to be smoother! I should be heading out in 30 minutes or so!

My transition is pretty smooth (slow swinger), and it didn't take any adjustment for me - it just felt a little different. I do notice it a little more when I occasionally really go after one and swing out of my shoes.

Got out this aft for some practice on course. I decided to play the back tees as I typically would use my 3 wood on a lot of the holes from the whites. No warm up at all straight to the first tee I went. I had a great day with my driver. I really focused on set up and a smooth swing not rushing it from the top. I nuked some drives today. I LOVE the ball flight on this shaft. The Velocity in my opinion is very forgiving. I heeled a few and that caused some left to right flight but in play! I realized this shaft is a tad longer so I choked down just a bit and got in a groove this aft.

These pics are hole 2 a par 5 dog leg left. I use the two story house as my aim point and let it rip. This might be the first center face strike and that ball was crushed. I ended up right at the 200 yard marker center fw. The drives were pretty much the same for the rest of the driver holes. I did push one right as I have a tendency to let my left shoulder open up on my set up and it causes me an out to in path.

I had limited time and want to get to the 12th par 5 as it has a good carry over a ravine and trees. First drive was a bit heel side and just got across into the rough. I hit another and absolutely nuked this ball. Best drive I have hit here and I play this course a lot. Straight high and crushed over the trees. The kind of drive that makes you giggle. I decided a 3rd drive was in order and did it again! This shaft feels amazing and smooth is an understatement. I can’t wait to get my first full round in.
A7C03E69-B0EF-488C-84A6-D72BE058FCA1.jpeg7826D16B-9619-44AA-A735-07722DC2500C.jpeg

Quick note from the practice range before tee time: You DO NOT have to baby this shaft … and … it’s a keeper!

Quick note from the practice range before tee time: You DO NOT have to baby this shaft … and … it’s a keeper!

i totally agree. at least for me, i actually liked it best when i went after it a bit more. still timed it great, and the ball just explodes off the face.

i totally agree. at least for me, i actually liked it best when i went after it a bit more. still timed it great, and the ball just explodes off the face.

Very true!

well my first round out wasn’t what i hoped for. but it’s not this driver shaft, it’s the dumba$$ holding the club. good warmup that quickly fell apart once the round started. so many mishits. so much garbage. but i have to still report the numbers for posterity.

i played a hard course with a fair bit of wind. alternated holes with two very different driver setups.

the averages were within 3 yards. 229 with the velocity setup, 231 with the other setup. that’s well short of my expected distances, but i have to dance with the girl i bring. and these days she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

my longest of the day was with the other setup, though it was cart path assisted. sans cart path the velocity setup did better.

however, the velocity setup had the widest dispersion front to back. the other setup was much more consistent.

the drive i was happiest with came from the velocity.

conclusion? other than i hate golf, it’s too soon to draw any conclusions about whether this is a viable option for me long term. feet to the fire, i’d say absolutely but not in the current epic max head. i think it would be awesome in the tsi2. but more testing is needed before i swap adapter sleeves.

well my first round out wasn’t what i hoped for. but it’s not this driver shaft, it’s the dumba$$ holding the club. good warmup that quickly fell apart once the round started. so many mishits. so much garbage. but i have to still report the numbers for posterity.

i played a hard course with a fair bit of wind. alternated holes with two very different driver setups.

the averages were within 3 yards. 229 with the velocity setup, 231 with the other setup. that’s well short of my expected distances, but i have to dance with the girl i bring. and these days she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

my longest of the day was with the other setup, though it was cart path assisted. sans cart path the velocity setup did better.

however, the velocity setup had the widest dispersion front to back. the other setup was much more consistent.

the drive i was happiest with came from the velocity.

conclusion? other than i hate golf, it’s too soon to draw any conclusions about whether this is a viable option for me long term. feet to the fire, i’d say absolutely but not in the current epic max head. i think it would be awesome in the tsi2. but more testing is needed before i swap adapter sleeves.

Sounds similar to my first 18 with the Velocity, which was played with no warm up using a new shaft. Not a smart move, I know.

And then I had a nice practice session with it this morning -- with the 10* TSi2 head in A1 setting -- and it felt mahhhvelous!

Followed that with a 9-hole round --- just too hot, humid and miserable for 18 -- and I hit 5 of 6 fairways. The one fairway missed actually was my best drive of the day. Distance was 3-4 yards longer than my Hzrdus Black. I'm looking for more. :D Need to get my old-man average up to 240+, then I can do some scoring damage.

I now am excited by the feel of the Velocity D30. Time will tell if it's the game-changer that I've been searching for. I'm looking forward to giving it a full 90-day on-course gamer test.

Back