Review Kinetixx Velocity Shafts

Tourney was cancelled so let’s walk 9 with Blue Boy!
F69FC9D3-C9C7-4AA3-8F40-3943C3F402E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks to the high launch/carry of the Velocity D30, had my best drive ever on No. 11 this morning! Normally hit a hybrid just short of the trap shown to the left of the trees. Previous attempts to cut off the corner haven't gone too well as those trees are TALL. Most players view driver as high risk, low reward as there's also OB left. Today, I decided to follow the DECADE approach of getting as close to the green as possible off the tee. So, took a chance at going over the water and tall trees. Finished in center of fairway, only 68 yards to the flag. Missed the downhill 8-footer but had an easy tap in par. Another good nine holes with the Velocity this morning. This could be the beginning of a long friendship ...

E8388825-E791-49CF-AE85-B8D2125E0D3F_1_201_a.jpeg

Took the D30+ out for a practice round yesterday. Switched back and forth between my Mavrik and a newly acquired Epic Max LS. Was a bit hurried as I was trying to get 9 in before a storm came in.

My experience was largely more of the same that I saw last week. Never went below 9˚ but still think I could play a lower loft with this shaft and either of these driver heads. Distance was pretty close to expectations and when I do my part I'm able to put the ball roughly where I intend for it to go. The Max LS overall was a little shorter than the Mavrik for me yesterday, but I may have unlocked something with it at the end of the round. This shaft with the Max LS in the standard loft, draw setting was almost automatic for the last couple of holes. I've been fighting a bit of an in to out swing here lately and that seemed to neutralize it really well. Definitely felt a pretty good kick on a couple of drives yesterday, which was interesting.

A good amount of water in the forecast here as Fred winds down, but I'm going to try and get out to a covered range to give the D30 and D30+ some good work in both of these driver heads with my SC200.

Another round with the Velocity D20 today. I didn't have much going on with any part of my game, driver included, so all I can offer is the same experience I've been having - my fairway misses were mostly only by a few feet so I like the improved dispersion with this shaft. Only had one real stinker with the driver, and I can't blame that one on the club when I was swinging like I was today. The higher launch angle continues to help me, still hitting the occasional low bullet but on average it's brought my ball flight up noticeably.

is anyone else kind of blown away that we are all seeing some really impressive results with this shaft?

is anyone else kind of blown away that we are all seeing some really impressive results with this shaft?
No :).
It’s been the same for every person that tries it.

I'm certainly pleased with it - it'll be staying attached to my driver, not switching back after the review period is done.

From the very first waggle, one senses that this shaft is going to deliver some fun, lively action. It's just a matter of matching it up with the right head and settings, imo.

I will say that the D30+ probably would have been a better choice for me than the D30. I base that on having dispersion and consistency problems any time I try to reach back for extra yards. That's the only area at the moment that the Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 has the upper hand.

In the next test sessions, I'm going low loft -- taking the 10* TSi2 head as low as it will go and then testing it in my 917D and 910D heads, both at 8.5* and probably my two favorite driver heads ever.

Somewhere in all that is the right combination of launch and spin.

Last edited:
A solid 18 today with the Velocity. We picked up right where we left off yesterday, with drives now reaching yardages that I haven't hit since late last summer, pre-shoulder injury. The shoulder is feeling good now and the Velocity D30 seems happy to help in producing good distance and a fairway-finding dispersion pattern without my having to "kill it."

In fact, for me, the Velocity D30 prefers a controlled, rhythmic swing motion. My only mishit of the day came on 17 when, with tired legs, I tried to squeeze out some extra yards and hit a towering foul ball.

I had planned to play at a lower loft than yesterday but there was money on the line in today's round and I didn't want to be experimenting with new driver head settings. I'm comfortable with the current standard loft/.75* upright setting but want to test lower loft settings in practice sessions or just-for-fun rounds in the coming days.

A solid 18 today with the Velocity. We picked up right where we left off yesterday, with drives now reaching yardages that I haven't hit since late last summer, pre-shoulder injury. The shoulder is feeling good now and the Velocity D30 seems happy to help in producing good distance and a fairway-finding dispersion pattern without my having to "kill it."

In fact, for me, the Velocity D30 prefers a controlled, rhythmic swing motion. My only mishit of the day came on 17 when, with tired legs, I tried to squeeze out some extra yards and hit a towering foul ball.

I had planned to play at a lower loft than yesterday but there was money on the line in today's round and I didn't want to be experimenting with new driver head settings. I'm comfortable with the current standard loft/.75* upright setting but want to test lower loft settings in practice sessions or just-for-fun rounds in the coming days.

This is what I've found with both the D30 and the D30+. The + does respond a little better when I try to go after it a bit for sure.

The results are awesome. I love letting people try it out to see their reaction. I hit the range real quick Tuesday and hit two drives. Both smashed and straight with a beautiful ball flight.

Forgot to mention, for any Titleist users, moved the settings to C-2 (minus .75* loft, plus .75* upright) prior to yesterday's nine-hole round. Got the launch down a tad to a good window and was able to turn the ball over a little easier. Think I'll leave it there for a few weeks and see how it does in competition.

Received feedback from Kinetixx and based on the data it’s a Velocity for me. Now to decide on a color for G425LST. Sky Blue or Black With pink font. Think it’s a Sky Blue.

Received feedback from Kinetixx and based on the data it’s a Velocity for me. Now to decide on a color for G425LST. Sky Blue or Black With pink font. Think it’s a Sky Blue.

Overall, had a good day with the Velocity today. There were a couple craptacular shots that no shaft, club head, grip or ball could have saved me from, but I was finding fairways and mostly hitting it decently straight. Such a relief to not have that snap hook rearing it’s head a few times a round!

This Friday, I believe we have the creator of this shaft on Off Course.

That will be a must listen.

That is super cool and i look forward to hearing the show! I cant wait to get back out and play after being on vacation!

The perfect color match.

81154A67-E95C-4E08-B2BD-6E0D76304322.gifWe

dang, I thought that was going to match the golf cart.

Back