KingVeo Cleveland Game Changer Review Thread (Placeholder)

init.6

Always Sunny
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8GHIN
This post will serve as both a review of the clubs I will be receiving in the THP/Cleveland Golf Game Changer Event and a direct competition between the clubs that will make up my primary set for the rest of 2018 (and the foreseeable future).

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the THP/Cleveland Golf Game Changer Event, please check out https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/100823-The-Game-Changer-with-Cleveland-Golf and (Placeholder for Live Update Thread) for more info. In short, THP/Cleveland Golf created this one-of-a-kind, amazing event where participants receive a full 14-club bag and free rein to choose any combination of shafts and grips from the 2018 Cleveland Custom Catalog (along with the opportunity to to play with Long Drive Champ Jaime Sadlowsi). If you're on the fence about becoming an Albatross Club member, take it from someone who signed up only recently: you're missing out on the chance to experience events like this while contributing to the great St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Do yourself a favor and sign up because there is not a better community out there than the people here at THP (community, not just 'golf' community). Contributing to a fantastic organization like St. Jude is icing on the cake--I'll be a member for a long time.

Being one of the 7 lucky THP'ers chosen for this event, I selected my set based on equipment that I felt would most help the weaknesses in my game. In my estimation, Game Changers for me would be:

1. Lower Spin Rates - I'm hovering around 3600-3800 RPM with driver
  2. Gapping between irons/wedges - PW distance is in the 120-130 range and AW hovers at around 105
  3. Consistency - Like many, I play all around the face of my woods/irons, so I could use some help

I will be putting each of the clubs I currently play against the new Cleveland Golf clubs and tracking my progress throughout the season. My decisions will be assisted in part, using data collected from my SC100 to track spin, carry, smash, and swing speed. While I do love data as a way to measure these important factors, my decision will be based primarily on how the clubs perform on the course and whether or not they produce better scores for me. Bottom line: whatever clubs help me lower my scores are the ones I'll be playing.

Stay tuned for updates!

Current Set

Driver: Taylormade M2 with Project X Hzrdus Yellow
3&5 Woods: Taylormade M2 with Kuro Kage Silver 70g
5-6 Irons: Srixon z565 with KBS C-Taper LITE
7-AW: Srixon z765 with KBS C-Taper LITE
SW: Callaway MD3 with TT DG (54*)
LW: Cleveland 588 RTX with Nippon NS Pro 980 (62*)
Putter: Scotty Cameron & Crown Mallet 1

Golf Pride MCC+4 grips on all Woods & Irons

Cleveland Game Changer Selected Set

Driver: HB Launcher with Graphite Design Tour AD-BB6s
3&5 Woods: HB Launcher with Oban Kiyoshi Purple
4-PW Irons: HB Launcher with UST Mamiya Recoil 780ES
AW: CBX (50*) with UST Mamiya Recoil 780ES
SW/LW: Cleveland RTX-3 (54* and 62*) with TT DG Spinner
Putter TFi 2135 Satin Elevado 33"

Lamkin Z5 grips on all Woods & Irons; WINNPro X 1.32 putter grip

Back