Kisner’s take on the Ryder Cup selection

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
He feels snubbed. Do you think he has been? I kinda agree with him. He is not flashy, he is a short hitter so winner for him is a bit of a matter of timing. But he is a bulldog in match play and I think he would be stellar on a team. I could see his mentality ruffling old feathers.

Yes, it does seem like he’s been snubbed, especially based upon his match play record. Kiz is brutally honest about his own game and very self-aware of his strengths and weaknesses.

I like Kisner. However, between Berger, Finau, Sheffler, Schaufele, Spieth and English who do you leave off to put in Kisner? Spieth and English had great seasons. Schaufele is a more talented player. That leaves Berger, Finau and Sheffler with Finau having just come off a big win.

He’s 100% been snubbed.

But, bummer for him the group he got snubbed for this time kicked absolute ass, so he looks bad for the complaints imo. And I’m a BIG Kiz fan.

I’m a huge Kisner fan but if he doesn’t make it on points he has to play better in the events prior to the selection. This year was a perfect opportunity, gets the win then absolutely craps the bed and misses out on FedEx final. His next FedEx year will probably be his last legitimate shot so hopefully Kiz gets er’ done.

as with a lot of others, I am A big fan of Kisner...he is brutally honest and sometimes to a fault. But i love watching him on youtube

when i read the article i don’t hear a guy complaining of being snubbed. he recognizes that he didn’t play well enough on points, and played poorly at the end of the season when a captain is actively monitoring where your game is.

when i read the article i don’t hear a guy complaining of being snubbed. he recognizes that he didn’t play well enough on points, and played poorly at the end of the season when a captain is actively monitoring where your game is.

I agree with this. He acknowledges both that he played poorly down the stretch, and that he's content with his accomplishments.

“I don’t know, man. They don’t like me I, guess,” Kisner said. “I’ve had the same phone call for about four [Ryder Cups] in a row from about every captain. ‘Man, you were on the team and then you didn’t play well in the playoffs.’ OK, bud.”

“It’s too political for me, I didn’t really care, and I don’t really get caught up in that s---. I love Stricker to death, but he didn’t pick me this year, which I get—I didn’t play worth a s--- in the playoff.”

The article, or maybe his responses, read confusing. Do they not like him? Is it too political? Or did he play like crap in the playoffs?

I like seeing Kisner in contention and his thoughts on this won’t stop me from wanting him to do well. I just don’t think this helps him get into the RC as a captain’s choice. Honestly it comes off a little like sour grapes. The RC is far enough away that I don’t think it’ll be fresh news and will be forgotten about.

When the team has just had a huge win , saying you should have been picked is a dumb move.

It's simply one of those things that you can't say out loud.

I too like Kisner but there's almost no words you can use to avoid sounding like a whiner.

Snubbed…yes. Complaining about it kind of petty in my opinion.
Only one way to correct that is to go out there and make sure weekly play gets you in. Can’t be hopeful for a Captain’s section.

Snubbed…yes. Complaining about it kind of petty in my opinion.
Only one way to correct that is to go out there and make sure weekly play gets you in. Can’t be hopeful for a Captain’s section.

if you haven't already, i'd give it a listen. kis is so entertaining, but it didn't come across like complaining to me. yes he said the whole thing is "political" which is not appropriate to say (and i'm not even sure that's true). to me he definitely took ownership of his poor play down the stretch.

Love me some Kisner.

I do think he got snubbed, but as @Jman said above, with the results from the most recent event, he doesn't have much to stand on.

Nah, he’s said it himself in other context. Golf is hard and there are a ton of great players out there. I had a different Kevin (Na) in mind for the team last year.

When the team has just had a huge win , saying you should have been picked is a dumb move.
Especially while acknowledging poor play while leading up to it. There are a lot of good US golfers. It only makes sense you take a group of guys coming off strong/consistent seasons that are also on the younger side

I would have bit my tongue if I were Kisner, after what we watched.

Sure, he (and others) feel like he got snubbed, but they won - so who's really going to argue with the decisions made?

I'm glad people want to play for Team USA but after that trouncing you can't run your mouth. Get out there and play your way onto the team.

I would have bit my tongue if I were Kisner, after what we watched.

Sure, he (and others) feel like he got snubbed, but they won - so who's really going to argue with the decisions made?

I agree here. Not sure how he could have added more value to the Ryder cup team last year. They did get the W

I agree here. Not sure how he could have added more value to the Ryder cup team last year. They did get the W

I think that point undercuts Kis arguement a bit. Yes, he keeps being the bridesmaid and yes, he has a great matchplay record because he is a fierce competitor under the "it ain't no hobby" easy going exterior, but at the end Stricker picked a team that he thought could win and they did.

Should he be on a Ryder cup team? Absolutely. Will he? I think he's got 1 more shot.

I like his grit, a lot, but who's going to argue with a win?

Not me! We are all entitled to our opinions. If he feels he's been snubbed use that as fuel to get better. The Ryder Cup is back in the 🇺🇸 and that's what we should be celebrating!

I think that point undercuts Kis arguement a bit. Yes, he keeps being the bridesmaid and yes, he has a great matchplay record because he is a fierce competitor under the "it ain't no hobby" easy going exterior, but at the end Stricker picked a team that he thought could win and they did.

Should he be on a Ryder cup team? Absolutely. Will he? I think he's got 1 more shot.

I'd love to see Kis on a Ryder cup team. Hope he proves himself to be able to be on it in the future. The captain did what he thought was best.

Play your way onto the team and be an automatic selection. I'm not sure if complaining about the selection process is the way to get yourself selected for the next team, especially when it appears they made the right choice for this past RC.

Back