KLM Open [spoilers]

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
Euro tour moves to The Netherlands this week, to Hilverschume GC, for the KLM Open.

Always remember thinking that this course looks tight and more similar to my home course than most of the tour stops. A few greens surrounded by trees, that sort of thing. Nice course.

Good to see some of the Ryder Cup guys out there too, including the captain and a vice captain (MAJ). Notable amongst these are Peter Hanson at -4, and Martin Kaymer (-5 through 14). Kaymer remembered he can play! Watch out! :D

Talking of cameo appearances, Paul Casey also managed a -3 round of 67 today. Nice to see.

I can't believe Kaymer is playing well. What is this sorcery?

I can't believe Kaymer is playing well. What is this sorcery?

He'd calculated exactly how bad he could play and still get in the RC. Just to give the US a bit of hope. Now he's in, he can play again.

He'd calculated exactly how bad he could play and still get in the RC. Just to give the US a bit of hope. Now he's in, he can play again.

Watch, He'll probably implode in the second round and shoot 78. Then we'll laugh about how everyone thought he was back. Sound familiar?

Watch, He'll probably implode in the second round and shoot 78. Then we'll laugh about how everyone thought he was back. Sound familiar?

Even if he does, he's going in the right direction. His game is in a good place. He's working some things out, these things take time.

Remind me to drag all those out if the inevitable happens.

Good to see Kaymer playing well again. He went back to his Scottish caddie Craig Connolly about a month ago which seems to have helped him.

Not the best day for Martin today, +1 for the round. Could be worse going on recent history, I guess.

Nic Colsaerts put in a performance in the second round, a 5 under par round of 65. Graeme Storm is setting the morning pace at -10.

Sick bounce-back by Hanson. Bogey 13-14 and then stuck it to inches from 210 on 15. Of course hit a big hook on 16...

That up and down on the par 3 by Larrazabal was amazing.

Ridiculous how a clearly movable obstruction can be/is deemed immovable...

That was a great out.

Decent show of fortitude and fortune - Hanson's 1-year-old son was put in hospital on Friday. Hanson says he'll come home, wife says "stay and play, it's under control". Now looks like his eagle on 18 will bring the win.

Great win for Hanson.

Great finish. Should give Hanson a lot of confidence heading into the Ryder Cup.

Great finish. Should give Hanson a lot of confidence heading into the Ryder Cup.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of when I saw him drop that eagle putt on 18!!!!

Yeah that's what I was afraid of when I saw him drop that eagle putt on 18!!!!

Your talking like that's a bad thing.

Sent from my HTC One X

Decent show of fortitude and fortune - Hanson's 1-year-old son was put in hospital on Friday. Hanson says he'll come home, wife says "stay and play, it's under control". Now looks like his eagle on 18 will bring the win.

Impressive stuff. Hopefully his son is fine, and this is a great confidence booster for the RC. Seems like the whole European team is finding form at the moment.

Impressive stuff. Hopefully his son is fine, and this is a great confidence booster for the RC. Seems like the whole European team is finding form at the moment.

Now, if only Westwood could learn to not miss on the low side all the time...

Now, if only Westwood could learn to not miss on the low side all the time...

Don't worry about that, it's like one of life's constants. If that changes, I'll be a bit freaked out.

I hear he's working on the short game with Tony Johnstone now. Maybe he's giving up the putting altogether and deciding just to try to hit everything to 3 ft?

The way his putting looked yesterday, his tempo is poor. Too fast on the forward stroke. Hence the twitch and occasionally the putter decelerates through impact.

I've always thought his stroke looked different not only from one round to the next, but sometimes from one hole to the next.

Maybe we need to pair him with Hanson, after his eagle putt yesterday!

If Peter Hanson was a top-5 putter in the world he'd be top 5 in the world overall. His long game is on par with the best of them. I've been close to him on the range a few times and he is so impressive to watch.

Finally a KLM-open with good weather :). Great finish by Hanson.

Back