duey,

Is it JL Gill?

No, or at least thats not the name I know him by. It Hedgewald or something close. Might go by a different name in the business, but no idea. I know he got his master maker or what ever it is, haha. That was like early 80's.

Most of mine will shave hair but that can pose a problem in itself.I've laid myself open a couple of times with no effort at all.That's a real buzzkill.

Most of mine will shave hair but that can pose a problem in itself.I've laid myself open a couple of times with no effort at all.That's a real buzzkill.

Man, be carefull there. I have a place down my left thumb and lower palm that took 20 stitches, it can happen in a hurry. I forget and cut down across a grain, one slips all it takes, lol.

I bet I have 5 or 6 old filet knifes from fishing, but am officially lazy. I got an electric, haha

All of my knives are kept shaving sharp. I actually sharpen knives for extra cash.

All of my knives are kept shaving sharp. I actually sharpen knives for extra cash.

I never was any good at sharpening knifes. Any more I just don't need them real sharp, I'd just hurt myself.

Hey guys,

For anyone that has a blade that is prone to rust without proper care, how do you protect the steel? Case says use oil, but I do not know what kind.

Ah, ookay. Duh, lol. If the blade has small rust spots, is there anyway to polish these out without damaging the blade itself?

Mineral oil

You guys have some nice knives. I have a few as well. My edc is a Benchmade 755mpr, compact, built like a tank and m390 steel.

Awesome knives guys! My friend collects pocket knives and has got some pretty cool ones at that. :D

Looking for a new EDC Like the look and price of the Spyderco Cricket. Thoughts on Spyderco knives?

like different pocket knives--daily carry is a Benchmade auto---and it seems cuts happen more with dull knives vs sharp ones

I want a Randall. If I order now I can have it when I graduate college. 56 month waiting list, wtf? Pretty though, I wanna know how the hell Dad got his.

I also am interested in quality pocket knives.
I currently carry a Spyderco Native CPMS30V. Good quality steel, holds its edge a long time, fits my hand well, quality construction.
I just pre-ordered a Spyderco Yojimbo2, also a CPMS30V steel blade. I like the blade shape better and the smaller butt end. When you carry it in the pocket, it doesn't have the appearance of it being a big knife.
My favorite though is the Emerson Mini Commander, and I like the SF model. The patented quick opening method for the Emerson sets it apart from other self defense knives.

Thats hilarious, I was JUST watching a video about the mini commander.
I also am interested in quality pocket knives.
I currently carry a Spyderco Native CPMS30V. Good quality steel, holds its edge a long time, fits my hand well, quality construction.
I just pre-ordered a Spyderco Yojimbo2, also a CPMS30V steel blade. I like the blade shape better and the smaller butt end. When you carry it in the pocket, it doesn't have the appearance of it being a big knife.
My favorite though is the Emerson Mini Commander, and I like the SF model. The patented quick opening method for the Emerson sets it apart from other self defense knives.

Even though they are more pricey, you wouldn't be disappointed in the quality if you end up ordering one sometime. When you hold one of them in your hand and feel the secure grip, weight and the looks of it, you'll be sold on them.
The amount that the butt end of the knife sticks out past the pad of your hand when holding it is also an advantage in self defense when you compare it to the Spyderco's and Kershaw's.

I used to be more into it when I worked outdoors, but I still hold onto a few just because. I'm currently using a Kershaw Ken Onion 4" finger release as my every day pocket knife. I also have a real nice Benchmade Mel Pardue with a slide-lock. As well as a couple of Spydercos and assorted miscellaneous stuff.

I've got knives stashed everywhere:

In my pocket is a Victorinox Swiss Army Pioneer Range (the original, with aluminum scales)

In my truck is a Beretta and a Kershaw half serrated

In my hunting pack, is a Jaktiv (Swedish, hand made knife), a Puma, and a Gerber, plus an original Leatherman

In the drawer is a Kershaw, a couple more Gerbers, a Smith & Wesson, a Victorinox Tinker, several Case knives, a couple of Buck knives and a couple of Schrade knives.

I really want an Emerson, and a SureFire knife. I also fantasize about a Travis Fry damascus skinner (it'd get used, quite a bit)

New to the forum and just saw this thread. I have a small collection, but I'm kind of just getting started so I'm learning as I go. I have a couple of CRKT's (M21 and a Natural 2), couple of Cold Steel (Recon Tanto and an AK-47) and a Boker Kalashnikov. They are all folders.

The Cold Steels are probably the highest quality build of the group, and are wicked sharp. My favorites are the CRKT's though. I just like the way they look, feel and work.

Not a knife collector at all, but I do have a small Camillus 1006 that I carry with me when I'm in the woods moving deer hunting stands or scouting. When I'm actually hunting, I have my grandfather's Buck knife (cannot remember model at the moment) that I carry with me.

I don't consider myself to be a knife collector, but I do have quite a few. My regular pocket knife rotation includes a Kershaw Scallion, Kershaw Leek, Buck NXT and Ka Bar Dozier. I've also got a few Case knives still in the package along with a couple of collectors edition Case knives. My favorite is probably the Dale Earnhardt tribute knife.

I had gotten into knife collecting a few years back and had quite a collection going and then relized I didn't need all those knives and sold a majority of them. I still have about 10-15 knives mostly folders. I am partial towards Spyderco knives. I like there design and they make a quality product that they stand behind a 100% which goes a long way in my book. I also like all the different steels that they use, my two favorite are ZDP-189 and CPM S30V. I have also learned to sharpen knives pretty well using a Spyderco Sharpmaker which makes it real easy. My favorite knife that I have is a Surefire Delta folder that thing is just sweet!! I usuall EDC a knife especially at work.

Little something something I've been working on...
dEYUj.jpg

Back