Koepka Splits with his golf coach

cLoSeD cLuB cAuSeS wRiSt InJuRiEs

New clubs, fighting injuries & boots the coach. He’s all over the place right now.

When things aren't right, you make the changes needed.

I don't mind this, although based on how Brooks like to be perceived, I wonder how much is on his coach and how much is on his personal drive for better.

Will have to see how this plays out before any real judgments can be made. Sure we can all guess the issues. There are lots of possibilities there. But if he changes and finds the magic again he is genius. Spieth hung on to the same coach for potentially too long and completely lost his game. So there is no guarantee either way..

There is the potential that Brooks has reached diva levels of attitude and is tough to work with.. There is just as much potential that he has a big drive regardless of the airs he likes to put on and he is not willing to wait for thing to completely crumble.

So help me out historians. How many players who reach the heights he did/has and then battle injuries, change gear, and change coaches, come back to any form of regular top competitiveness?

It will be interesting to see where he goes from here. If the split came back in November, it doesn't look like whatever he has done in the last couple months has paid huge dividends quite yet (not that you would necessarily expect it to so quickly).

So help me out historians. How many players who reach the heights he did/has and then battle injuries, change gear, and change coaches, come back to any form of regular top competitiveness?

Not many.. Probably single digits.. Jose Maria Olazable comes to mind. Tiger and Maybe Steve Stricker...Extreme case.. Hogan.m

He will be fine, change can be good.

just needs a different message, that's all. looking for a spark. the talent is in there.

The issue with Koepka is just bad course management I think. I think his swing is solid and he's decent on and around the greens. If he has the choice between the hard 9 and soft 8, he is always pulling the 9 and these days he doesn't pull the shot off. It's frustrating because it's like dude just play it safe and he's like watch me dunk this ProV1x into the water short of the hole while I'm 8 yards short of my target. He also starts every tourney (besides Memphis last year) so slow, where he's then pressing on Friday to just make the cut. I wonder if this split has to do with CH3 having a quite full stable of players he is coaching and maybe BK wanted/needed more one on one

The issue with Koepka is just bad course management I think. I think his swing is solid and he's decent on and around the greens. If he has the choice between the hard 9 and soft 8, he is always pulling the 9 and these days he doesn't pull the shot off. It's frustrating because it's like dude just play it safe and he's like watch me dunk this ProV1x into the water short of the hole while I'm 8 yards short of my target. He also starts every tourney (besides Memphis last year) so slow, where he's then pressing on Friday to just make the cut. I wonder if this split has to do with CH3 having a quite full stable of players he is coaching and maybe BK wanted/needed more one on one

He has lost some pop for sure. That could be what he is wanting back. His ball speeds are way down.

Why is it always the coaches fault? :unsure:

Why is it always the coaches fault? :unsure:

There is rumor that because Claud Harmon works with DJ that is the reason Brooks is bouncing.. There is a big fall out there some where.. Regardless of what Brooks says. those two were boys at one point.. I dont think Brooks is really "boys" with anyone at the moment.

Then there was an altercation..

reported by Golf Digest that at the Ryder Cup after party with the European Squad, the two workout bros got into an altercation, and apparently the significant others, Paulina Gretzky (if she still even is DJ’s fiance,) and Jena Sims may have been involved as well. Big shocker there, too.

There is rumor that because Claud Harmon works with DJ that is the reason Brooks is bouncing.. There is a big fall out there some where.. Regardless of what Brooks says. those two were boys at one point.. I dont think Brooks is really "boys" with anyone at the moment.

reported by Golf Digest that at the Ryder Cup after party with the European Squad, the two workout bros got into an altercation, and apparently the significant others, Paulina Gretzky (if she still even is DJ’s fiance,) and Jena Sims may have been involved as well. Big shocker there, too.

Haha! That's great. :ROFLMAO: Can't we all just get along :unsure:

Cat fight!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Haha! That's great. :ROFLMAO: Can't we all just get along :unsure:

Because I am right and you are wrong. So that makes you stupid.. lol.. It is probably 100% the other way around but I would never admit it.. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Because he can’t fire himself :p!
I guess it's like the same reasoning for firing an NFL coach, even though it's the players that are actually not performing. In some aspects I guess ;)

The Big Cat

I don't like Koepka much but I kind of feel bad for him. He had literally nowhere to go but down from where he was at. Now with everyone watching him and waiting for him to be something impossible again he will feel that pressure.

I don't like Koepka much but I kind of feel bad for him. He had literally nowhere to go but down from where he was at. Now with everyone watching him and waiting for him to be something impossible again he will feel that pressure.
I don't really like or dislike him, and I enjoy watching him play usually. It seems tough to come back to anywhere near where you were in any sport once you fall far enough to change just about everything that got you there though. I wish he could try to do it without the expectation that anything less than that is some kind of failure. His body is different, his gear is, his approach probably will be with a new coach, so he's likely to be a different player essentially. I'll try to just view him as this one, not one that has to be compared to the old one.

To me it seems like he knows he has lost something. You just don’t change everything for no reason he’s struggling somewhere.

I hope he makes it back to the top. I go back and forth between loving and hating Brooks but either way the tour is more fun when he is in the hunt for majors.

I don't like Koepka much but I kind of feel bad for him.
I think a lot of it is self inflicted. A lot of chatter lately. He should just shut up for a bit and let his clubs do the talking.

Back