Koepka vs McIlroy

GC70

Reaction score
Handicap
Did you guys see this? What do you make of

I don't like Koepka that much, but I think this is awesome. Rory doesn't deal with pressure very well in majors IMO so this is a ploy by Koepka to get in his noggin and I bet it works.

He's not wrong. This is just the media trying to create some news though as normal. Rivalries are barely a thing in golf.

I get it you live for majors, but the FedEx cup with $10M on the line is major IMO and Koepka couldn't get it done.

I think it fires Rors up a bit - I wonder who Koepka thinks his Rivals are? Big Cat, Lowry, Gary Woodland?

Rory has 10M plus reasons (from 2019 alone) sitting in his bank account that show Brooks is delusional.

It's not untrue. Hopefully it fires Rory up some and get's him going on the big stage again.

Though in the same time Rory has taken two Tour Championships in that time. Brooks might have a Brinks truck, but Rory has an 18-wheeler.

Brooks being Brooks. Big fan of him and his matter of fact attitude.

Details, details.

Koepka played the tour full time in 2013-14 (with a T4 in the US Open) and won over a million, when Rory won 2 majors.

The guy definitely doesn't have a filter. But it makes for good golf. Maybe this lights a fire under Rory - which would be great for the game.

I can't decide whether I love this comment or hate it. The one thing it does is make me realize there really are no rivalries in golf which really sucks.

Details, details.

Koepka played the tour full time in 2013-14 (with a T4 in the US Open) and won over a million, when Rory won 2 majors.

This is true. Rory trounced him in that British Open.

I admit Koepka holds no words back. Would be great to see these guys in a final pairing in a major.

giphy.gif

#2020Golf

I admit Koepka holds no words back. Would be great to see these guys in a final pairing in a major.

I think it would be terrific for golf if they went head to head this coming April on a course in Georgia with Rory's career slam in play.

I'm not a Koepka fan. His comments don't surprise me. I would rather see Rory win. That said Koepka's ability under pressure is super impressive and he must have ice in his veins. Can't help but think the comments are a strategy play to get in Rory's head.

Details, details.

He didn’t earn his PGA Tour card until after the 2014 US Open. The PGA Tour events he played prior to that were on sponsor exemptions or through qualifying. He got into the 14 Open as an alternate.

This feels prodded and kinda click baity. "shots fired from Brooks Koepka denying him and Rory are rivals!" ...just stop.

I can't decide whether I love this comment or hate it. The one thing it does is make me realize there really are no rivalries in golf which really sucks.
I can't decide if I don't like his statement or just don't like his arrogance as of late. ??‍♂️

I doubt he actually said it, as the media do provoke players.

If he did, so what? If he didn't ,so what?

I think it would be terrific for golf if they went head to head this coming April on a course in Georgia with Rory's career slam in play.

How awesome would it be if Koepka were to win the British next year and that matchup you spoke of above happened in 2021?

I doubt he actually said it, as the media do provoke players.

If he did, so what? If he didn't ,so what?

I have no doubt he said it. Though, this is the guy who hates media attention, but then complains that he doesn't get enough, so who knows.

Agreed as it would kick off the real golf season in the right way.

Back