Tour Event Korn Ferry Tour Finals

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
1629411827351.png
The Korn Ferry Tour Finals kick off this week at the Albertsons Boise Open played at Hillcrest CC in Boise, ID. The three-event Finals continue with the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship next week at Ohio State University GC - Scarlet in Columbus, OH, wrapping up with the Korn Ferry Tour Championship at Victoria National GC in Newburgh, IN. The field includes the top 75 players on the Korn Ferry Tour regular season points list and numbers 126-200 in the FedEx Cup standings as well as non-Tour members who accrued enough points to finish 126-200. The top 25 finishers excluding players who finished in the top 25 in the regular season earn their PGA Tour card for the 2021-22 season!

Love this tournament series! The top 25 regular season guys keep their points and try to improve their ranking during the finals. Everyone else starts with zero and goes at it for the last 25 spots.

Sometimes curious about the strategy between KFT and PGA. Peter Uihlein was 28th on KFT and 175th on PGA. Granted he made $686K between the two, but still think it would have been smarter to notch a top 25 finish on the KFT and get his PGA card for next year.

Waaahhht?!

Mixed success for European Tour players trying to pinch a card the way Lewis did. Macintyre missed the cut, Lewis and Herbert had strong rounds and in contention, and Aaron Rai plods along making good scores to play at the weekend.

Rai is one to watch, he has consistently performed as he moved up a level. Never taken a backward step and is only 26

Career Records - Aaron RAI - Players - European Tour

Sometimes curious about the strategy between KFT and PGA. Peter Uihlein was 28th on KFT and 175th on PGA. Granted he made $686K between the two, but still think it would have been smarter to notch a top 25 finish on the KFT and get his PGA card for next year.
I could not agree with this more

One of the Korn Ferry Tour First Stage qualifying tournaments is being held at my home course the week of 9/27. They held a one day qualifier for the local KFT tournament earlier this year and 3 65s and a 66 qualified to get into that tournament. Even at this level, just trying to get on the KFT, these guys are good! They didn't play from the tips for that one day qualifier playing it at about 7200 yards I understand. I wonder how long the course will play for the Q-School. The US Open qualifier played at our course was played from the full 7600 yards and Brad Van Pelt was the medalist with a 68. one of only 5 rounds under par.

Rai nicely placed with one round to go.

Aaron Rai double gloves it 🤢

Rai with a nice birdie to open up a two stroke lead.

Rai stripes one down the middle on 18. In good position to win and clinch his PGA Tour card.

Brutal miss for Schwab, but still in great shape to get his card in the next two tournaments.

Oh my goodness that was a huge mistake by Rai. This is such a big moment!

That was hard to watch. It may take some time, but Rai will eventually be happy with those four rounds because he’s going to the big show.

Having played the hole three times before, he should have known long was dead and with his main rival not in good shape a par was enough. Middle of the green two putts, job done. Once he had gone long he was struggling to make bogey.

But he has his card, so he can plan next year. And his cheque means his trip is paid for.

Back