Kudos to Mizuno Customer Service

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We've had a brief run of bad customer service threads, so I wanted to post something positive.

I purchased a Mizuno ST-Z 5-wood from PGA Tour Superstore earlier this year. Initial range time and the first couple outings on the course were really good. No concerns whatsoever. Then, well, things took an odd turn. I began seeing some very wide dispersion on mishits, even when I felt the contact wasn't terrible. It was around this time that I noticed what appeared to be a smudge on the crown around the hosel. The club always has a cover on it, I never slammed it on anything, never dropped it, and there are no irons in that slot of my bag divider so nothing with a sharp edge could have contacted it. I tried to wipe the smudge away with a wet towel, but it stayed. The other day I tried to scrape it off with my fingernail, and that's when I noticed it was actually a small crack.

I emailed Mizuno customer service, and in less than 24 hours they responded to me asking for a picture and proof of purchase. I had to contact PGA Tour Superstore for a copy of the receipt, and sent everything over to the Mizuno rep. Again, less than 24 hours later he responded asking for my shipping address so they could send a replacement.

The process was extremely painless, and the Mizuno rep made everything very easy. Many thanks to Conner and Mizuno for taking care of me!

kudos to Mizuno, glad to see some of the "big guys" understand what customer service is.

Awesome to hear, bro! Glad they got you quickly squared away.

Good stuff!

Great to hear as I have irons and a hybrid from them on the way!

It’s amazing what some good customer service can do for a company.

Awesome to hear they made it right for you. Was it ever determined what was wrong with the club?

Awesome to hear they made it right for you. Was it ever determined what was wrong with the club?

well it has a crack on the crown. i'm not saying that crack is 100% the reason i'm seeing a marked change in performance, because lord knows i'm fully capable of swinging like a donkey. but that crack won't repair itself, and i didn't do anything to cause it, so i felt it was appropriate to reach out to mizuno. i know they're a much smaller company with less resources to absorb a warranty issue like this, but they never hesitated to make it right.

i also had some concerns about how long it would take to get here, given the massive delays the industry is experiencing right now. i have a fairway i can play in the meantime, but would much prefer my st-z. fortunately the rep told me lead time on warranty claims is about 2 weeks, which is much better than i expected.

well it has a crack on the crown. i'm not saying that crack is 100% the reason i'm seeing a marked change in performance, because lord knows i'm fully capable of swinging like a donkey. but that crack won't repair itself, and i didn't do anything to cause it, so i felt it was appropriate to reach out to mizuno. i know they're a much smaller company with less resources to absorb a warranty issue like this, but they never hesitated to make it right.

i also had some concerns about how long it would take to get here, given the massive delays the industry is experiencing right now. i have a fairway i can play in the meantime, but would much prefer my st-z. fortunately the rep told me lead time on warranty claims is about 2 weeks, which is much better than i expected.

That is awesome. Glad you have your trusty 5w back.

That is solid Customer Service. Glad they stood behind the product.

Always have to give the company a chance to make something right before slamming them (like many do before even contacting the company). Good on Mizuno for the customer service and good on you for giving them a shout out for fixing the issue.

Good to know that Mizuno will stand behind the products they sell.

Good to hear. I hope your replacement arrives quickly!

Well, that's a relief. I was concerned. Good to hear ... my 3 wd is coming in today ... well, it's possible that it will arrive. It says "out for delivery."

Will I use it? I have no idea. Will I loft up? Undoubtedly.

That is great to hear. I really want to try one of these fwy's after hearing so much good about them

Sounds like great customer service, glad everything was made right.

Great story here!

Sometimes you don't realize this, McMuffin, but you're kind of a beast when you swing.

i worked out last week. so, it makes sense.

I love hearing stories like this. I've witnessed Mizuno go above and beyond for a fellow golfer with a driver issue as well.

that is great news

I had a similarly good experience. My sons MP20 7 iron had the chrome plating start to peel off. Nothing different had been done with that club than the rest of the set. They replaced it with no questions asked.

love reading good CS stories like these

Mizuno are good people.

so just a little update. it took a bit for mizuno to get more fairway woods in, but they arrived last week and my replacement was delivered within the week. ...except they sent the wrong head. they sent 3w, when i need 5w. apparently 5w heads were not a part of that shipment, but they’re supposed to come this week and hopefully i’ll have my replacement this week. was kinda hoping they’d let me keep the 3w, but apparently a return label is on its way haha

Back