Kyle Berkshire Transitioning to the Tour

Did you see he was working with Bryson to pick up additional speed? Heads will explode.
I have seen a few videos with the two of them and they get me so excited hahahaha

I don't know if he can make it but it'll be fun to watch. What is the process for Q School now?

That part will be hilarious, honestly.

No one really freaked out with Sadlowski going pro though. He's out there grinding it out on the Mackenzie tour pre-Covid, I'm not sure what his 2020 was like. It's a brutal life though, but I'll cheer for any of those guys cause it's just fun to watch.
Brutal indeed. That's why I cheer pretty much anyone who makes it because that qualifying life is not for the faint at heart.

well, I'm sure they'd have more to say if Jamie was threatening the top spot on the tour every week.

But maybe not. His swing looks 'normal' which makes it okay.

He plays variable irons and doesn't tout himself as a scientist with a Bachelors degree :unsure:

He plays variable irons and doesn't tout himself as a scientist with a Bachelors degree :unsure:
of all the Bryson complaints/issues/concerns I've read, "touts himself a scientist with a bachelors degree" is pretty low on the depth chart.

of all the Bryson complaints/issues/concerns I've read, "touts himself a scientist with a bachelors degree" is pretty low on the depth chart.

It is, but the overthinking a whole lot of things and doing it slowly isn't low on the chart.

It is, but the overthinking a whole lot of things and doing it slowly isn't low on the chart.
You know what's funny? Spieth and Bryson have two very different versions of "overthinking things" out there.

That just dawned on me.

Sadlowski tried. The tour is hard.. Really hard.. I wish him the best of luck. But, in the end, it requires way way more than being able to pound the ball. This is an extremely long shot.

I have followed his Youtube for some time. I will never say never, and I will root for him all the way, but one could be a US Am champ and not make it to the tour. His learning curve will be steep. What he does have is distance, and his putting has improved a great deal over the last several months, his approaches, pitching and chipping are a relative weakness. I hope he goes for it, because he seems like a great person and it would be a great story to follow.

You know what's funny? Spieth and Bryson have two very different versions of "overthinking things" out there.

That just dawned on me.

This is very true.
Tiger and Phil were both considered slow a few years back. Both play to a cadence and dont like to be rushed. Nobody ever labeled them as overthinking though.
Being different is apparently really rough out there, especially if you are vocal about it. Yet to see it be wrong, but boy is different tough. :D

That just dawned on me.

Spieth is just as bad. All that talking to just be like welp, that wasn't even close.

Was it overthinking when Tiger was one of the slowest guys on tour?

No, cause he's actually good. Less strokes, less overall time. Shoot 67, that's 5 less strokes at 40 seconds a pop. I think it adds up. That's just science 👼

Legit question, cause I don't actually know. Has he gotten better? Has it gotten better with no crowds since there's no fan interruption? I'm mostly in the car during tournaments so I'm listening to them, not watching them.

No, case he's actually good. Less strokes, less overall time. Shoot 67, that's 5 less strokes at 40 seconds a pop. I think it adds up. That's just science 👼

Legit question, cause I don't actually know. Has he gotten better? Has it gotten better with no crowds since there's no fan interruption? I'm mostly in the car during tournaments so I'm listening to them, not watching them.

Wait, did you just say Bryson isnt good? I mean he just won a major.

Playing together, both Tiger and Bryson were the cause of being put on the clock this year...

I despise slow play more than just about anybody, but the blanket label of this guy is slow, when the tour takes 5.5 hours to play a round of golf is laughable.

Playing together, both Tiger and Bryson were the cause of being put on the clock this year...

I despise slow play more than just about anybody, but the blanket label of this guy is slow, when the tour takes 5.5 hours to play a round of golf is laughable.

I was picking on Spieth, not Bryson. You're probably pretty good if you win a major, I think. Well.. Sorta.

I think it will be pretty hard. The guys on Tour have unworldly short games. How has it worked out for Soudlasky, you know?

I think it will be pretty hard. The guys on Tour have unworldly short games. How has it worked out for Soudlasky, you know?
He's had a rough go at it as well. 2020 didn't help with the tour he's on to my understanding.

I hope he puts in some work and doesn't take the first sponsors exemption he gets then flame out missing the cut by a mile.

I agree. He's absolute not the only offender when it comes to slow play. I don't think saying his par at Augusta was a 67 helped his public persona. In the case of Tiger, his legendary legacy grants him exceptions in the court of public opinions that Bryson doesn't yet have. People would rather watch Tiger take his time because it's Tiger than to watch BAD do the same. Winning covers a multitude of sins. If he keeps winning, I think some of the nit picking will die down.

I love watching Kyle CRUSH golf balls and watch a number of his vlogs. Just not sure about transitioning to tour life, but he is certainly capable if he wants to. He seems a hard worker at the game and a goal setter, but I wonder if tour life will remove some of the enjoyment that he currently seems to hold in golf.

If I remember right, Berkshire was a D1 golfer that transitioned to long drive, so the basics are probably there. That's not to say every college golfer can go pro, but the groundwork is probably laid to get the rest of the game to a place he might have a legitimate shot.

Saw this on Instagram and figured it was relevant.

He's got the long game, but even the worst guys on the Tour have pretty elite short games. It'll be a grind for him, but I wish him luck.

I was watching Kyle on a video yesterday and every time he swung, all I could think was his body will be like jelly when he gets older unless he just manages to escape it somehow.

Kyle Berkshire is currently a +3 and have inspirations to become a plus 5 to enter one of the tours. The only way to do that is improve around the greens contrary to what you've heard about distance. D1 colleges won't even look at you unless you are around plus 1. Kyle has work to do because there's a lot of guys on the mini tours that's better than him IMO. Bubba Watson is around a Plus 7, just as an example...

I don't think this has been previously mentioned in this thread. With Kyle going after the tour he is not stepping away from long drive like Jamie did. One interesting thing was that he did change is LD swing to be more in line with his normal swing. The main differences from what I understand is the length of the swing.

Sadlowski tried to make that move as well, I would love to see him succeed, but it will take a lot of work on the short game.

Back