Kyle Berkshire Transitioning to the Tour

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The reigning and seemingly unbeatable Long Drive Champion is considering making a run at a PGA Tour career. Considering all of the distance conversation that followed Bryson this past season, this has the makings of a big story if he can chip and putt. Do you see his game translating well to the tour?

1608651483571.png

I have been following him and his vlogs for a while and he really is a decent golfer. With his distance he definitely has a leg up and if he puts in the time with his short game I definitely think he could be a regular member of the PGA Tour in 3-4 years.

I will be interested to see how this goes. He will certainly have a big advantage with his length. As long as he doesn't 3 putt everything. Should be entertaining.

I’ll follow his journey, but I’m expecting a grind.

i have watched some of his vlogs. like bryson, his ability to hit it very straight at that speed is extremely impressive. however, unlike bryson, his short game is nowhere near tour level. i don't think he can hang.

Love watching this guy's videos but yeah, he needs to work on his short game and putting. It's good, but it's college player good. It's not US Amateur level good even.

Based on the videos I’ve seen of him putting, he’s got a very long way to go in the short game. Rooting for him though to make a run at it.

Last edited:
I have been following him and his vlogs for a while and he really is a decent golfer. With his distance he definitely has a leg up and if he puts in the time with his short game I definitely think he could be a regular member of the PGA Tour in 3-4 years.
Considering you've been following him, any indication on his short game or scoring overall? I'm curious how difficult it will be to develop touch after you've been balls to the walls on swings for several years.

i have watched some of his vlogs. like bryson, his ability to hit it very straight at that speed is extremely impressive. however, unlike bryson, his short game is nowhere near tour level. i don't think he can hang.
I'm going to go check out his vlogs. As you stated, his accuracy off the tee is impressive to say the least.

Been following him on instagram for a long time, dudes a beast I'm rooting for him.

He's more than just a long driver, dude can shape his shots, etc like a beast. Just needs to improve the short game and the overall grind.

He's also driven a putter & a lob wedge over 300 :ROFLMAO:

He played at a D1 school if I am not mistaken. Good luck to him, I hope he does big things!

The article I read indicated he understands what a challenge it will be.

Frankly it comes down to short game and ability to perform under pressure. Bryson's short game and particularly putting is vastly under rated. I read that he led the tour in making putts under 10 feet at 91% last season which is insane.

Even if Berkshire can execute the shots if he can't get the ball in the hole he won't be successful. Success on tour is a combo package and the guys out there have the best short games in the world. That will make or break whether Berkshire can get there. I applaud him for the effort though.

if he can chip and putt i dont see why not

You know what is most exciting about this kind of thing happening?

Anyone still freaking out over what Bryson is doing will have a fresh face to fear.

They'll like Kyle bc he doesn't have a "bad attitude" or wear a "douchecap"...

ridiculous things I hear all the time

Anyone still freaking out over what Bryson is doing will have a fresh face to fear.

That part will be hilarious, honestly.

No one really freaked out with Sadlowski going pro though. He's out there grinding it out on the Mackenzie tour pre-Covid, I'm not sure what his 2020 was like. It's a brutal life though, but I'll cheer for any of those guys cause it's just fun to watch.

That part will be hilarious, honestly.

No one really freaked out with Sadlowski going pro though. He's out there grinding it out on the Mackenzie tour pre-Covid, I'm not sure what his 2020 was like. It's a brutal life though, but I'll cheer for any of those guys cause it's just fun to watch.
well, I'm sure they'd have more to say if Jamie was threatening the top spot on the tour every week.

But maybe not. His swing looks 'normal' which makes it okay.

They'll like Kyle bc he doesn't have a "bad attitude" or wear a "douchecap"...

ridiculous things I hear all the time
I think they'll struggle with the long hair, honestly.

Did you see he was working with Bryson to pick up additional speed? Heads will explode.

Really what it boils down to will be short game and putter. Putting on PGA greens is different because of the subtle breaks and general speed.

Considering you've been following him, any indication on his short game or scoring overall? I'm curious how difficult it will be to develop touch after you've been balls to the walls on swings for several years.
Honestly with Vlogs it is hard to tell about his scoring and how it would compare to tour courses and conditions. However, your second point is great. That is in my opinion the hardest part of the game is having a handful of different shots you are super proficient at and perform consistently from a variety of different lies.

Back