Review KZG DS-3 Putter - THP Review Thread

If you read in on the previous two reviews we did on KZG, the company realized a baseline price is something they needed to address, at least here for us. I would suspect the same thing will happen here again with the putters and with the hybrids I’m working with.
Of course I read the other reviews. You guys are keeping me sane.. I know when I used their wedges they were around $130 but that was 10 years ago. They do an awesome forging. Very point and click.

Those blade putters give me the hives just looking at them. I couldn't imagine being steady enough to putt those things 😂

Clean looking putters.

I know this is only based on rolling putts in my basement because everything is shut down now but I wanted to throw this observation out there.

For me, PN putters have usually been a struggle for me, and even when I play something like a Scotty 2.5, I get the same issue of drawing the putter back too quickly and too far to the inside. It was something I REALLY worked hard on last year and saw some of my best putting in years. This one, I don't know if it's the weighting, or the shape that it has, but I find it so incredibly easy to bring the putter back in an efficient to manner. Just hitting some putts last night I felt like I was hitting my lines right off the face, and that only happens when the stroke is good.

Outside of price, what would you guys like to know about this putter?

The big one for me is sound. I believe you have touched on it, but would love to hear it a bit or compared to something I might know.

The big one for me is sound. I believe you have touched on it, but would love to hear it a bit or compared to something I might know.

If I can find or get a putting mat in here I'll gladly run a round comparison. I believe I have more than a few putters around.

Sound is the #1 question I'd have for you here because it looks clicky to me. Finish looks really good, very simple. Reminds me of some of the older putters with just a small brand name on the sole. I like it depending again on how it sounds/feels.

Outside of price, what would you guys like to know about this putter?
I’m curious how the off center strikes feel, particularly out toward the toe. It may sound strange, but I feel like my current putter really twists in my hands and, while great feedback, makes me lose confidence.

I’m curious how the off center strikes feel, particularly out toward the toe. It may sound strange, but I feel like my current putter really twists in my hands and, while great feedback, makes me lose confidence.

I just rolled a bunch of putts with several putters. This, Ping Anser, and a high MOI spider putter.

There is not as much toe side feedback that I get from the Anser, and the Spider masks pretty much all of that feedback(as it should). There is a hint of toe feedback, but I think some of that can be masked by certain grips. If you are looking for something with a ton of feedback, this one doesn't really have that, although just by looking at their other models, they have something that will definitely cater to that player.

I just rolled a bunch of putts with several putters. This, Ping Anser, and a high MOI spider putter.

There is not as much toe side feedback that I get from the Anser, and the Spider masks pretty much all of that feedback(as it should). There is a hint of toe feedback, but I think some of that can be masked by certain grips. If you are looking for something with a ton of feedback, this one doesn't really have that, although just by looking at their other models, they have something that will definitely cater to that player.
Nice, thanks. I love a mallet that gives that feedback because it’s the first indication that my setup is off and I need to pay more attention.

Nice, thanks. I love a mallet that gives that feedback because it’s the first indication that my setup is off and I need to pay more attention.

I think it hits that balance quite nicely.

Once I’m able to move my shop stuff if, I think I’m going to regrip this guy and give it a full chance to be in the bag. I’m just really liking at how well I feel like I can hit my intended line and the feedback I get. It really is hitting somewhat of a sweet spot for me.

Not gonna lie, kind of liking that DS3

Good looking putters. I like there's a range to suit several tastes

Good looking putters. I like there's a range to suit several tastes

absolutely, and if you are buying in to the KZG custom fit process with other parts of your bag, I feel like you would be willing to look at their putter line too.

It's interesting but their mandatory fitting is offputting to me... but their clubs sure are pretty!

It's interesting but their mandatory fitting is offputting to me... but their clubs sure are pretty!

their custom fitting is there thing though, but I get it that it will be off-putting to some.

I think I checked it out a bit ago when their irons were reviewed out of curiousites sake and found their nearest fitter to me was too far away... and the price was a bit out of my budget.

I could roll the DS3. Just want to know a price before I get all happy about it.

Back