fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt

(y);)

We will be reviewing the Tri Tour irons and wedges, I should have them in hand in the next day or so.

(y);)

We will be reviewing the Tri Tour irons and wedges, I should have them in hand in the next day or so.

Thx, Jman. I shoulda known something would be forthcoming. (y)

Thx, Jman. I shoulda known something would be forthcoming. (y)
Haha, no worries dude!

I'm personally excited to get a brand experience with them as I honestly have none other than handling a set or two.

Haha, no worries dude!

I'm personally excited to get a brand experience with them as I honestly have none other than handling a set or two.

Look forward to hearing your feedback. :)

From what I know they believe in getting fitted and will not sell clubs unless it is through one of their fitters.

From what I know they believe in getting fitted and will not sell clubs unless it is through one of their fitters.
Yup, they're technically a "component" brand, but they're based on my research and experience higher quality than pretty much anything else in that segment. HEAVY on fitting.

I had quite a few KZG irons and woods over the years. Very good quality and feel. Awesome forgings. When I used them, they only sold club heads to master fitters/builders.

I had quite a few KZG irons and woods over the years. Very good quality and feel. Awesome forgings. When I used them, they only sold club heads to master fitters/builders.
Same policy now!

Did we talk about KZG in our Cali convo's at Mike Hess? I feel like it was brought up, that, or I'm crazy.

Have used their components... New game for them...? the ability to transition.

I keep seeing the add here on the Forums. Anybody know anything about them?

I think KZG struck financial gold about 20 years ago, when the company had some control over a Taiwan maraging steel foundry , and as such KZG company was sourced the heads for Orlimar Golf Company's tremendous two year sales of run of Trimetal fairway woods.
The KZG brand itself has always been sold by authorized club fitting/ club repair shops. These days I think most of KZG's best customers are probably shops within Europe, where the consumers are more willing to buy fitted component brand equipment (from small independent dealers).
20 years ago KSG offered some well regarded forged-in-Japan irons and wedges, but I am not sure if KZG still has some models of Japanese production. Back when 220 CC was the standard for driver head size KZG's Maraging Power (MP) line was a big seller, and as driver head sizes increased to the current 460CC standard, KZG continued to introduced very smart designs. I've got in my bag now a 355CC head size KZG SP700 fitted with a Graphite Design MJ 7 shaft, and let me tell you it's a great performing, very pleasing impact sound driver.

I have looked at them but there is not a dealer in Texas or even close. I understand priding themselves on getting fit but they are limiting their potential. Only one dealer from Florida to California in the Southern U.S. and that is in Northern Arkansas. Also, the lack of any pricing information pretty much takes these to the bottom of the consideration list for me.

I have looked at them but there is not a dealer in Texas or even close. I understand priding themselves on getting fit but they are limiting their potential. Only one dealer from Florida to California in the Southern U.S. and that is in Northern Arkansas. Also, the lack of any pricing information pretty much takes these to the bottom of the consideration list for me.
To be fair, they've always been that way and managed to be around a long time.

I totally agree though, its surprising to not seen any fitters/dealers in TX, that really is odd.

You can't argue with the fact that they have stayed around so they must being doing something right. I think the getting fit part is a great aspect but I can't help but think a partnership like Ben Hogan just started with Club Champion could really help growth of brand.

I also think that with the advances in club fitting over the last 20 years, a lot of people have gone through fittings and have a pretty good Idea of what shaft, loft, lie angle, etc. that they will be. Why not let someone order them based on their specs. I know that the head could change which shaft is the best but I'm sure it would be pretty close and definitely better than just a stock OEM set that many people use.:hello:

Just my personal thoughts of a way to get them into the hands or more people as I have heard good things.

You can't argue with the fact that they have stayed around so they must being doing something right. I think the getting fit part is a great aspect but I can't help but think a partnership like Ben Hogan just started with Club Champion could really help growth of brand.

I also think that with the advances in club fitting over the last 20 years, a lot of people have gone through fittings and have a pretty good Idea of what shaft, loft, lie angle, etc. that they will be. Why not let someone order them based on their specs. I know that the head could change which shaft is the best but I'm sure it would be pretty close and definitely better than just a stock OEM set that many people use.:hello:

Just my personal thoughts of a way to get them into the hands or more people as I have heard good things.
Eh, I actually think most ASSUME they know what shaft/loft/lie/etc they will be but don't really know. Nor do they realize that swings can change over time, and what you DID fit into might not be what fits now. Ya know?

Yeah I agree there about changes over time. Heck I'm worried about having a bad swing day when I do decide to get fit and getting a bad fitting.

I meant it more so as if you have been fit somewhat recently into X shaft with Y head. I know it might not be optimal but I would think X shaft wouldn't be too far off with a new head. You know more about this than I do so I could be completely wrong.

Back