Review KZG Tri-Tour Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
In depth review and testing done on the KZG Tri-Tour is now up. Check it out on the home page here.

Great write up (as usual). Where does the pricing come in for these?

Great write up (as usual). Where does the pricing come in for these?
As mentioned in the article, KZG doesn’t release pricing to public, only through their fitters.

Well, they're not ugly and I totally get what they are trying to do with the adjustability of the weights

As mentioned in the article, KZG doesn’t release pricing to public, only through their fitters.

yeah saw that, just was wondering if they're PXG type pricing or a Mid Range kind of price. I don't think my OCD could handle dirt around the weight indentions any ways, but thought I'd ask. Thanks @Jman

yeah saw that, just was wondering if they're PXG type pricing or a Mid Range kind of price. I don't think my OCD could handle dirt around the weight indentions any ways, but thought I'd ask. Thanks @Jman
Sorry, I’ve literally no info on that other than they are not near PXG range, no one is.

As for the dirt, I reviewed these in straight up mud most days with our recent weather and that wasn’t an issue at all, fwiw!

Great review @Jman as usual, can't say that I dig the look of the KZG's. I can't get used to the screw look that PXG and KZG are throwing down. Only fitter near me is up in Akron, which explains why I'd not heard of or seen any of these around town. I do like the idea behind needing a fitting to get a set, but not having pricing info does probably deter me from exploring them at all.

These look great to me. An Apex Pro vibe with some adjustability that would be really fun to mess around with.
Longer heel to toe isnt my jam but I'm sure I'd get used to it after 3 swings.

Sadly, given their "fitter only" setup I cant see myself ever going out of my way to try them.

Talk about falling off. Little bump of this one, and a hope for some conversation.

I hope people take a look a little closer despite it not being one of the "big name" brands. These proved to me once again that extremely good golf equipment DOES exist outside that marketing bubble.

Good looking irons but that "hide the hide the pricing game" probably puts a lot of people off.
I know it does for me.

Good looking irons but that "hide the hide the pricing game" probably puts a lot of people off.
I know it does for me.

I get it from a review stand point, but genuinely its not really a hide the prices side of it. Its just they dont sell direct, only through fitters so having a price when it completely changes based on other components is a bit harder.

I know it does for me.
If thats the case, then I really encourage people to engage in that conversation here.

Facts are, the price isn't hidden because its high, they do it because they believe with custom fitting the price will vary significantly person to person as there is no set list of shafts.

Need to read this review. I will hit a demo. I held the 7i in my hand the other day. Looks good, felt nice in hand. One feedback from the shop owner is that KZG has been a hard company to work with. No details on what that means. But that was interesting.

Need to read this review. I will hit a demo. I held the 7i in my hand the other day. Looks good, felt nice in hand. One feedback from the shop owner is that KZG has been a hard company to work with. No details on what that means. But that was interesting.
Thanks dude, be sure to hop in with what you think!

Talk about falling off. Little bump of this one, and a hope for some conversation.

I hope people take a look a little closer despite it not being one of the "big name" brands. These proved to me once again that extremely good golf equipment DOES exist outside that marketing bubble.
For me at least, I'd want to have a round about idea of what a set of irons is going to run me. That at least tells me whether the 2 hour drive is worth my time, or if it would just be going up there to hit an iron that I've never heard of. Am I going to spend 4 hours in a car round trip, just to hit these if there's absolutely no chance I'd drop the money for them? Probably not.

Don't want to discount the gear, but it appears the "hidden" cost aspect of these may deter some folks.

I hate to echo others but without SOME kind of price range, my interest in these are right at about zero. Now, I DO plan on getting fit for a set of irons this year. If KZG has some presence where I get fit, I won't shy away from giving them a swing. But searching out a fitter that carries them? Literally, never going to happen. Sorry not sorry.

Those things look good. They might be the best looking irons I have ever seen. Very good write up @Jman and your pictures as always are peerless.

I hate to echo others but without SOME kind of price range, my interest in these are right at about zero. Now, I DO plan on getting fit for a set of irons this year. If KZG has some presence where I get fit, I won't shy away from giving them a swing. But searching out a fitter that carries them? Literally, never going to happen. Sorry not sorry.

Let’s say the price range is $1000-$1500 (I’m speaking in generalities), would you then search for a fitter that specializes in KZG? What is the price range that causes that to change?

I knew the non published price would draw attention, I didn’t think it would totally lead to a gloss over of the irons and their performance though. There’s a bigger story than the pricing policy of KZG imo, namely an iron that’s performed as anything in this class as I’ve reviewed.

I get it from a review stand point, but genuinely its not really a hide the prices side of it. Its just they dont sell direct, only through fitters so having a price when it completely changes based on other components is a bit harder.
I think that the decision to only sell through a component dealer is as bold as it is foolish.
Component golf sales are astronomically priced, and were a huge turnoff for me to our local premier indoor fitter (Modern Golf).

Those things look good. They might be the best looking irons I have ever seen. Very good write up @Jman and your pictures as always are peerless.
Really appreciate you reading the review and the feedback dude.

I still love the looks of these but the fact that you have to go through a fitter makes it extremely difficult for them to be an option for someone like me with where I live. I don't have a problem with them not publishing the prices but like any other option out there or would definitely play a part in whether I would purchase them or not. The good news is because of the looks I would absolutely give them a chance of there was the opportunity around me.

Let’s say the price range is $1000-$1500 (I’m speaking in generalities), would you then search for a fitter that specializes in KZG? What is the price range that causes that to change?
I'd say that the $1500 range diminishes my interest immediately. I can get fit for a set of Apex CF19 (with stock offerings) for less and they're from a company I already trust. Mavriks? Even cheaper. Now I know that Mavriks aren't forged and I also know that there are several guys out there that have foregone their forged sets for the Mavriks.

Not trying to be a Richard here but, KZG is a nobody in the grand scheme of things. Making it HARDER to get your product in peoples hands is a loser from the start, IMO. Yes, they have a small cult following (just like every small company out there) and I actually have a bit of respect for the fact that they'd like everyone to get fit for their product. But when their like becomes a requirement for me to even take a peak at your clubs? My level of interest goes from zero to meh pretty much immediately. Maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong angle but, I'm the consumer. It's not MY job to seek YOU out. Now, it would be different if this was some earth shattering product that we all just had t get our hands on. But, from the review, these irons don't really do anything particularly extraordinary. I respect the reviews that @Jman does. He's very objective about everything that he reviews and rarely (if ever) goes "fan boi" about anything. He judges these things strictly on merit (which is why I lend a lot of weight to his product write ups). In the review article it was basically laid out that they are not particularly long, or particularly forgiving. So, I'm kind of scratching my head as to why I should bother to seek THEM out.

It could be that I'm not really their target demographic. I'm O.K. with that. Hell, I'm a lefty, I've dealt with it (on some level) since the day I started golfing. But, I'm just not sure what the story is, here, that I'm supposed to go out of my way and seek them out. ?‍♂️

Back