Review KZG Tri-Tour Irons

Enjoy hearing from people with 1st hand knowledge. I thought it would be difficult to top the KZG's on sound with a hollow body, even when it's one of the best sounding hollow body irons.
Yup, imo they and the Cleveland’s are top for hollow body sound/feel and @Canadan and I pretty much gushed about them on Range Days, but you’re right, they’re still just a different feedback from a forged single piece CB.

Yup, imo they and the Cleveland’s are top for hollow body sound/feel and @Canadan and I pretty much gushed about them on Range Days, but you’re right, they’re still just a different feedback from a forged single piece CB.
I remember both those episodes, especially the UHX. Took a lot by suprise, IMO.

Its funny how I went from an ill fitting Cleveland CG red set, to Srixon z565/765 and how much my expectation of what a good iron shot was changed as well. The feel, the sound, the flight all moved my expectation of what I want to see so much higher, then the KZG nudged it up even more.

Now I'm going to play a new category for me, and it will be interesting to see what I give up, or wont give up, as there are differnces in performance, sound, looks and feel between what Ive played, and the Cobras.

I dont mean to distract from these KZG Tri-Tours either. I'll gladly be a spokesman on THP for these clubs, because they flat out perform for me!!

Last edited:
I remember both those episodes, especially the UHX. Took a lot by suprise, IMO.

Its funny how I went from an ill fitting Cleveland CG red set, to Srixon z565/765 and how much my expectation of what a good iron shot was changed as well. The feel, the sound, the flight all moved my expectation of what I want to see so much higher, then the KZG nudged it up even more.

Now I'm going to play a new category for me, and it will be interesting to see what I give up, or wont give up, as there are differnces in performance, sound, looks and feel between what Ive played, and the Cobras.

I dont mean to distract from these KZG Tri-Tours either. I'll gladly be a spokesman on THP for these clubs, because they flat out perform for me!!
I think you're going to have a blast with the KFTs.

I think you're going to have a blast with the KFTs.
I have little doubt about having fun with them...except you know, Ohio is getting in the way :rolleyes:. Not a question of if, just when.

Hey @Jman just sent you a PM.

Going to let @Nate<80 give the Forged Tec's a go this Saturday, so these KZG's are going back in the bag. I'm excited to get them back in because I have played some really good rounds with them in the past. Going to be fun!

These were great for me today. Lots of difficult pin positions that required me to carry bunkers. Put a good swing on these and I had both the distance to carry the hazard, and the height and spin to hold greens. I might keep these in the bag for the next few rounds.

These were great for me today. Lots of difficult pin positions that required me to carry bunkers. Put a good swing on these and I had both the distance to carry the hazard, and the height and spin to hold greens. I might keep these in the bag for the next few rounds.

Ball flight was on point for you today. Great descent angle and accuracy was a beautiful thing to watch.

I gave these to a buddy yesterday to try out. He's playing old Taylormade Burner 2.0's in the wrong shaft flex, with no 8 iron, so needless to say he's due for an upgrade. Wanted to put these in his hands because it would probably be the only way he would ever try out KZG. Overall he hit them very well, and even commented on how good his ball flight was. Loved the sound and the feel. But the highlight came on the 2nd hole.

He was trying to get his distance down with them, so on the par 3, hole #2 he pulled his old TM first. Hit a good, but not great shot. Then he pulls out the KZG. Hits a great shot that's a little short and a little left. Takes a big hop towards the hole, then rolls out and right into the cup. We look at each other, can't believe what happened, and celebrate. We know it was on the 2nd shot, but it was so cool to witness such an amazing feat!

Needless to say he didn't pull the TM's the rest of the round, and he asked to play with the KZG's a few more rounds. I'm honestly really happy to have gotten them in his hands, and the first round out with them he was hitting them so well. These are great clubs, and anyone looking for a set of Forged irons with fantastic feel, these should be on your list.

They’re stellar irons, still as good as anything I’ve reviewed.

My client was mentioning that their playing partner had a set of these and I had never heard of them! Kind of a neat looking iron, but scanning their website, the Eye2 leading edge is a bit wonky to my eye.
Good to hear that there is some substance to them as when they told me about the brand name, they sounded a bit like a knock off.

My client was mentioning that their playing partner had a set of these and I had never heard of them! Kind of a neat looking iron, but scanning their website, the Eye2 leading edge is a bit wonky to my eye.
Good to hear that there is some substance to them as when they told me about the brand name, they sounded a bit like a knock off.
Definitely not a knock off. I was playing a Srixon 565/765 combo before, and the KZG had a better feel for me. Both were good don't get me wrong, but the KZG were just better. The performance was also on par with the Srixon for forgiveness and overall playability. Topline on the KZG fell in-between the 565 and 765 for me visually.

The ability to modify the weights in the head is also very unique, and something that is getting overlooked. It does lead to some interesting looks, but a look that I've grown to enjoy. The issue for some is that in order to get into KZG in general, and adjust the weighting, you must go to an authorized fitter. Not always the easiest, but it's the business model they chose to go with. Make sense for this iron, due to the adjustability, to go to an authorized fitter to make sure you get it right.

That’s a tough business model. But if it works for them then that’s great.
There’s just no way I’d ever go hours out of my way to pay a mystery price for a fitting and clubs that I haven’t heard much or anything about from other golfers.
But if they have a devout following they must have something different and successful going on there. And the irons do look very nice.

You should give this one a read ;)

I read that this morning along with the review of these irons. It does seem like another niche brand, and as others have said, I dont think I would go out of my way to be fit specifically for them vs. the plethora of alternatives on the market UNLESS I saw a true value proposition to them or absolutely fell in love with the aesthetics (which are a stumbling block for my eye).

I gave these to a buddy yesterday to try out. He's playing old Taylormade Burner 2.0's in the wrong shaft flex, with no 8 iron, so needless to say he's due for an upgrade. Wanted to put these in his hands because it would probably be the only way he would ever try out KZG. Overall he hit them very well, and even commented on how good his ball flight was. Loved the sound and the feel. But the highlight came on the 2nd hole.

He was trying to get his distance down with them, so on the par 3, hole #2 he pulled his old TM first. Hit a good, but not great shot. Then he pulls out the KZG. Hits a great shot that's a little short and a little left. Takes a big hop towards the hole, then rolls out and right into the cup. We look at each other, can't believe what happened, and celebrate. We know it was on the 2nd shot, but it was so cool to witness such an amazing feat!

Needless to say he didn't pull the TM's the rest of the round, and he asked to play with the KZG's a few more rounds. I'm honestly really happy to have gotten them in his hands, and the first round out with them he was hitting them so well. These are great clubs, and anyone looking for a set of Forged irons with fantastic feel, these should be on your list.
Well that's pretty awesome!!!! 🔥🔥

Well that's pretty awesome!!!! 🔥🔥
It was very cool to witness the feat. We always talked about the what if we hit a HIO but it's a 2nd tee shot. Well we got to find out!

It was very cool to witness the feat. We always talked about the what if we hit a HIO but it's a 2nd tee shot. Well we got to find out!
Haha, very memorable and unreal either way. (y)

Jut wondering if anyone else has hit these, seen these, or even has any interest in these?

Jut wondering if anyone else has hit these, seen these, or even has any interest in these?
I’m not sure how COVID has been for KZG. It’s been pretty silent, I know they’re still operating though.

I’m not sure how COVID has been for KZG. It’s been pretty silent, I know they’re still operating though.
I know it's a unique brand, with a unique way of getting the clubs in people's bags, so wasn't sure if anyone from THP had run across these.

Back