Review KZG Tri-Tour Irons

Kudos to KZG for listening to potential customers and providing ball park pricing info! That's awesome.

@Jman how forgiving is forgiving for these clubs? I know forgiveness is subjective and along the lines of asking "what is blue" or "what is cold" and it's different for each person...
Discussed the the playability in the article, but the sole width and length of the blade makes them situation on the more playable side of things as far as forged CB's go. Also, as mentioned the ability to put the weights into a perimeter heavy setup seemed to increase the stability which would for most of us hackers mean a more playable setup. I'm not going to sit here and say they are super forgiving, but for their category (which is honestly kind of a hybrid/tweener category) they're going to let you get away with more than you might expect.

Article? I'm supposed to read that?:ROFLMAO: Naw, I read it and it was a good review. Thanks!

I don’t mind the hidden pricing (price is very person dependent) but I wish they had more fitting locations. The closest to me is 1.5 hours away and the next closest is about 5 hours. If someone local was a fitter I would love to give them a shot

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

I don’t mind the hidden pricing (price is very person dependent) but I wish they had more fitting locations. The closest to me is 1.5 hours away and the next closest is about 5 hours. If someone local was a fitter I would love to give them a shot

Almost Fiddy Plus 2
You've got them a lot closer than I do. Hopefully they add more fitters.

Think this weekend is the one to put the THP gold Recoil 95 protos into these?

I can’t wait to see how they turn out

This sounds like an incredible combination!! Can't wait to see them James!

Are they done yet?? Pictures?? Btw, do these have a chance of becoming your gamers over the Forged Tec!!

Are they done yet?? Pictures?? Btw, do these have a chance of becoming your gamers over the Forged Tec!!
Have 3 kids under 5 on a weekend, no, they’re not done yet lol

Have 3 kids under 5 on a weekend, no, they’re not done yet lol
Definitely understandable! I'm certainly not trying to rush but am legitimately excited to see how they pair with those shafts!!

Definitely understandable! I'm certainly not trying to rush but am legitimately excited to see how they pair with those shafts!!
No worries brotherman, it was one crazy weekend. Today some work will get done though, then hopefully the weather will clear up and let me get out this week sometime

@Jman just curious as to how long you test a set for your reviews and at what point to do you decide to either continue using them for the season or moving on to your gamer set? I think you mentioned the forged tecs are going to be your gamers this year or do these possibly have a chance?

@Jman just curious as to how long you test a set for your reviews and at what point to do you decide to either continue using them for the season or moving on to your gamer set? I think you mentioned the forged tecs are going to be your gamers this year or do these possibly have a chance?
Most reviews I have a month of play before I write the article, sometimes less, occasionally more. But I play far more than most mere mortals in a short timeframe haha.

Just depends. These are getting reshafted now and as wild as it sounds I always go into a season with two sets of irons. Tec’s are one, I’m hoping these are the other.

Right on, not going to lie I am a bit jealous of the amount of golf you get in but really do enjoy following along

... Tec’s are one, I’m hoping these are the other.
I'm thinking you should choose another set and just send these to me! 🤣🤣

Going to take these out today. Why not?

do it!

I still think they're a really cool looking iron.

I still think they're a really cool looking iron.
They are still on my hard ponder but need a location to try them out at!

Alright, thanks to @Canadan for the 2nd Qtr. Post drive, and @Jman for the opportunity, I have a set of these on the way :D. During the past few days I've been reading and researching about these Tri-Tour irons, as well as KZG Golf. My excitement has been building, and I can't wait to give them a thorough run down upon arrival!

It's kind of ironic that these are coming, because I played soooo well my last time out with my irons. I really have them dialed in, so it will be difficult to put them on to the side for a bit while I give the KZG's a go. My current 4i to 6i are a bit more forgiving (Srixon Z565) compared to my 7i-PW (Z765). I wish my 7i was actually of the more forgiving variety, so with this set of Tri-Tour coming, I think I might give this a try. Set up my 4i-7i in the more forgiving 7g-1.5g-7g set up, if available. Then set up my 8i and up with the standard 3g-9g-3g weighting. This is my initial thought, but it's fun to have the ability to find tune these heads. I think this is still an under appreciated aspect of this set. The combo set has been gaining in popularity, but now you have the ability to create a free flowing combo set. I know with a fitting they don't just give you extra weights, but hopefully I'm able to try this out! Really cool opportunity!

I am a Mid-Handicap golfer usually hovering between 12-15, so hopefully I can give them a good rundown from the perspective of the average golfer. I am a little nervous about these being too demanding, but hopefully I can do them justice, and hit some golf shots with them. What I look for in an iron set is a nice high straight shot. I don't look to work the ball, at least not intentionally :p. I think these do have the potential to really play well for me, but again, I am a bit nervous initially playing a more traditional style with less forgiveness. If I can get anywhere close to the feel/sound, coupled with the performance, of my current set, I'm going to be very happy, because my current set is the best feeling and sounding set I've ever hit.

Overall, KZG seems like a very interesting company with a rich history, and puts out a very quality product. I would not be trying these out normally, so I think this is a very unique opportunity to try a brand not many others give a 2nd thought to. I also found a certified KZG fitter within 30 miles, so I might be giving them a call to see if he could help me dial these in if they don't feel right.

A few questions for anyone reading as I await these:
Has anyone else tried the Tri-Tour irons yet?
Any new or additional thoughts about the Tri-Tours you have since their release?
Anything you want to see, or get feedback on?

Can't wait for the fun to begin!

Alright, thanks to @Canadan for the 2nd Qtr. Post drive, and @Jman for the opportunity, I have a set of these on the way :D. During the past few days I've been reading and researching about these Tri-Tour irons, as well as KZG Golf. My excitement has been building, and I can't wait to give them a thorough run down upon arrival!

It's kind of ironic that these are coming, because I played soooo well my last time out with my irons. I really have them dialed in, so it will be difficult to put them on to the side for a bit while I give the KZG's a go. My current 4i to 6i are a bit more forgiving (Srixon Z565) compared to my 7i-PW (Z765). I wish my 7i was actually of the more forgiving variety, so with this set of Tri-Tour coming, I think I might give this a try. Set up my 4i-7i in the more forgiving 7g-1.5g-7g set up, if available. Then set up my 8i and up with the standard 3g-9g-3g weighting. This is my initial thought, but it's fun to have the ability to find tune these heads. I think this is still an under appreciated aspect of this set. The combo set has been gaining in popularity, but now you have the ability to create a free flowing combo set. I know with a fitting they don't just give you extra weights, but hopefully I'm able to try this out! Really cool opportunity!

I am a Mid-Handicap golfer usually hovering between 12-15, so hopefully I can give them a good rundown from the perspective of the average golfer. I am a little nervous about these being too demanding, but hopefully I can do them justice, and hit some golf shots with them. What I look for in an iron set is a nice high straight shot. I don't look to work the ball, at least not intentionally :p. I think these do have the potential to really play well for me, but again, I am a bit nervous initially playing a more traditional style with less forgiveness. If I can get anywhere close to the feel/sound, coupled with the performance, of my current set, I'm going to be very happy, because my current set is the best feeling and sounding set I've ever hit.

Overall, KZG seems like a very interesting company with a rich history, and puts out a very quality product. I would not be trying these out normally, so I think this is a very unique opportunity to try a brand not many others give a 2nd thought to. I also found a certified KZG fitter within 30 miles, so I might be giving them a call to see if he could help me dial these in if they don't feel right.

Any new or additional thoughts about the Tri-Tours you have since their release?

I haven't ever tried an KZG clubs and am looking forward to another golfer's feedback. Jman's feedback definitely intrigued me a lot on these irons.

I hope they are fun for you!

Wednesday.👀

Can't wait to follow along and hear about these bad boys! Get after it, GK!

Back