Review KZG Tri-Tour Irons

Alright, here's the feedback from my 1st true session with these clubs.

Long Irons (4-6): These just flat out shocked me, if I'm being completely honest. The first ball I hit, smash! I give out a little "holy crap." 2nd ball I hit, smash! Just a huge smile now. The feel and sound are everything I'd want in a club, end of story. Typically I hit a few good shots with my long irons, mixed in with some real stinkers. I don't know what it was, but I was hitting some absolutely fantastic shots with these clubs. I mean consistent ball flight that was nice and high, with just a little fade. I just couldn't believe how easy it was to replicate, and do again and again. I've grown to love the 4-6 irons in my Srixon Z565 set, and was worried that these wouldn't give me enough forgiveness. I was hoping the weights would come in, so I could move to a more forgiving set up. Being since these are in the standard set up, and I hit them so well, I don't know if I can change them yet, and I think that worry about forgiveness was put to bed. They have just what I want in an iron, the looks and the feel.

Short Irons (7-PW): I don't know why, by I struggled with these clubs at the range. I hit some good shots, but mostly, I just kept pulling the ball to the left. This has been my usual miss in my backyard using the PW, but it was accentuated hitting longer shots with the 7 and 8 irons. The 7 iron wasn't bad overall, but my 8 and 9 irons, just couldn't seem to find the center of the face. I could definitely feel the miss, so the club does give you good feedback there. I feel like I can normally hone in on a pin with an 8 iron in hand, but that was not the case at the range. I just need to give it some more time, and I'm interested in the idea of possibly adjusting the weighting in these irons to see if I can bring my shots back closer to center. Not sure which set up to adjust to, but just see if I can find a good setting that allows for better, more consistent contact.

Overall: I honestly can't wait to get these on the course on Friday. I'm a bit nervous about my short irons, and being able to hit some greens, but that is based on one range session where my swings weren't the best with them. I know these clubs perform, as I saw it again and again in the long irons. I feel like the distances were very comparable to what I've been playing, so that won't be a huge adjustment. The feel and sound on well struck shots does bring a smile to your face. The look of the clubs in hand might not be my favorite, but I don't think there is anything that I hate. I'm more than content with the looks, and nothing to me in unappealing, especially when the ball is soaring through the air! When i'm looking down at the clubs, it's what I expect to see. Nice crisp lines, and a little visual that the 4i is going to provide some help. If you want to :oops: after hitting some shots, these clubs will do it!

More coming later this week, but please let me know if you have any questions, or would like to see a certain set up with the weights, or if you have a suggestion on how to eliminate my left miss in the short irons. Hopefully this set of irons, and brand, can gain a little traction here!

Alright, here's the feedback from my 1st true session with these clubs.

Long Irons (4-6): These just flat out shocked me, if I'm being completely honest. The first ball I hit, smash! I give out a little "holy crap." 2nd ball I hit, smash! Just a huge smile now. The feel and sound are everything I'd want in a club, end of story. Typically I hit a few good shots with my long irons, mixed in with some real stinkers. I don't know what it was, but I was hitting some absolutely fantastic shots with these clubs. I mean consistent ball flight that was nice and high, with just a little fade. I just couldn't believe how easy it was to replicate, and do again and again. I've grown to love the 4-6 irons in my Srixon Z565 set, and was worried that these wouldn't give me enough forgiveness. I was hoping the weights would come in, so I could move to a more forgiving set up. Being since these are in the standard set up, and I hit them so well, I don't know if I can change them yet, and I think that worry about forgiveness was put to bed. They have just what I want in an iron, the looks and the feel.

Short Irons (7-PW): I don't know why, by I struggled with these clubs at the range. I hit some good shots, but mostly, I just kept pulling the ball to the left. This has been my usual miss in my backyard using the PW, but it was accentuated hitting longer shots with the 7 and 8 irons. The 7 iron wasn't bad overall, but my 8 and 9 irons, just couldn't seem to find the center of the face. I could definitely feel the miss, so the club does give you good feedback there. I feel like I can normally hone in on a pin with an 8 iron in hand, but that was not the case at the range. I just need to give it some more time, and I'm interested in the idea of possibly adjusting the weighting in these irons to see if I can bring my shots back closer to center. Not sure which set up to adjust to, but just see if I can find a good setting that allows for better, more consistent contact.

Overall: I honestly can't wait to get these on the course on Friday. I'm a bit nervous about my short irons, and being able to hit some greens, but that is based on one range session where my swings weren't the best with them. I know these clubs perform, as I saw it again and again in the long irons. I feel like the distances were very comparable to what I've been playing, so that won't be a huge adjustment. The feel and sound on well struck shots does bring a smile to your face. The look of the clubs in hand might not be my favorite, but I don't think there is anything that I hate. I'm more than content with the looks, and nothing to me in unappealing, especially when the ball is soaring through the air! When i'm looking down at the clubs, it's what I expect to see. Nice crisp lines, and a little visual that the 4i is going to provide some help. If you want to :oops: after hitting some shots, these clubs will do it!

More coming later this week, but please let me know if you have any questions, or would like to see a certain set up with the weights, or if you have a suggestion on how to eliminate my left miss in the short irons. Hopefully this set of irons, and brand, can gain a little traction here!
Bump this for the evening crowd.

A few pictures in the bag taken last night.
20200630_210428.jpg
20200630_210310.jpg

And a few comparisons with my other irons, for reference. PW with Srixon Z765 on the left and KZG on the right.
20200630_210547.jpg
4i Srixon Z565 on the left and KZG right.
20200630_210840.jpg
Now 4i soles.
Cobra Speedzone left, KZG middle, Srixon Z565 right.
20200630_211037.jpg

Love it! Tremendous updates!

This is when I love my job the most, when someone else sees exactly what I did and it gives the ultimate in validation. I know people like to try and be funny sometimes, but I really don’t make this stuff up in reviews.

This is when I love my job the most, when someone else sees exactly what I did and it gives the ultimate in validation. I know people like to try and be funny sometimes, but I really don’t make this stuff up in reviews.
I think if you have a KZG authorized fitter close, you are doing yourself a disservice if you dont give these a chance.

These appear to resemble the 765 very closely. Any insight why the struggle in the scoring clubs? Are they even more blade like?

These appear to resemble the 765 very closely. Any insight why the struggle in the scoring clubs? Are they even more blade like?
No, they really are very close to the 765's, so I was honestly a little surprised with my struggle. I didnt bring my Srixons that day, so it may just have been my swing. I'm getting the KZG's on the course Friday, so I'll provide more real world updates after the round. I'll have Arccos data to look at after as well, and share.

No, they really are very close to the 765's, so I was honestly a little surprised with my struggle. I didnt bring my Srixons that day, so it may just have been my swing. I'm getting the KZG's on the course Friday, so I'll provide more real world updates after the round. I'll have Arccos data to look at after as well, and share.
Awesome... I'll be over your way at Chippewa with Nick! I'm stroking the 765s well would love a test drive. Let me known what day works.

I hope you're not feeling underappreciated for all the time and effort you put into your reviews. I for one find them some of the most informational and well written reviews out there. Throw in the many great photos as well and they're perfect. You even got me excited enough to purchase the Tour Edge pro driver based on your write up and follow up posts!

With regards to these irons not having a price listed and turning people away, I would say that's a natural reaction. As a sports card collector if I go to a show and a guy has a table full of cards not priced, even if there were cards i'm interested in, I just walk by. Same with buying a car. If i'm walking a lot and have to ask how much....no thanks.

Although I know it's because of all separate components it could end up different pricing depending on how you want them built but in my experience anything that doesn't really have a price means basically they cost as much as the seller can get out of you. Again, I'm not saying this is how KZG and their builders operate. I believe it's just the perception that people have when they see no price. It's human nature.

I hope you're not feeling underappreciated for all the time and effort you put into your reviews. I for one find them some of the most informational and well written reviews out there. Throw in the many great photos as well and they're perfect. You even got me excited enough to purchase the Tour Edge pro driver based on your write up and follow up posts!

With regards to these irons not having a price listed and turning people away, I would say that's a natural reaction. As a sports card collector if I go to a show and a guy has a table full of cards not priced, even if there were cards i'm interested in, I just walk by. Same with buying a car. If i'm walking a lot and have to ask how much....no thanks.

Although I know it's because of all separate components it could end up different pricing depending on how you want them built but in my experience anything that doesn't really have a price means basically they cost as much as the seller can get out of you. Again, I'm not saying this is how KZG and their builders operate. I believe it's just the perception that people have when they see no price. It's human nature.
See the quote below from @Jman . KZG actually saw that some here didnt like the idea of no pricing, so they came back with a response.
You want cool?

We have always told THP'ers that companies are much more active than they believe and truly do take an interest in what is going on here and more importantly the feedback that THP'ers offer.

Well, KZG was paying attention to the conversation.

They wanted to convey a message regarding the pricing and give a little clarification after realizing thanks to our convo's here it is something they need to offer.

From KZG:

"The Tri-Tour Irons are starting around $229.00 each and the Super Sole Wedge starts at $149.00".

Obviously this will vary based on shaft selection/fitting, but at least it is a starting point that I fully expect to spur the conversation here a little more.

See the quote below from @Jman . KZG actually saw that some here didnt like the idea of no pricing, so they came back with a response.
We tell people all the time, companies are ALWAYS watching and following along with the feedback... 👀

I love seeing that you picked up a set of these @gkeller813. I wish they were more accessible because I think they are a pretty cool option with a nice look. I'm looking forward to hearing how they work on the course.

I love seeing that you picked up a set of these @gkeller813. I wish they were more accessible because I think they are a pretty cool option with a nice look. I'm looking forward to hearing how they work on the course.
I received a set courtesy of @Jman as his prize for the 2nd Qtr. Post Drive Contest. Trying to do them justice, and I've been having a lot of fun thus far with it. A brand I hadnt heard of before his review, and would probably never try, to be honest, under normal circumstances.

That was actually quite cool of them to come in and comment....and smart. Whomever from KZG that replied was smart enough to realize that they may be turning away a group of avid golfers who genuinely have an interest in their beautiful looking product.

I was just basically giving @Jman a reason why people might just gloss over companies or products that don't show pricing, even if it's just the starting, low end point. To me it just comes off as, Me: "How much for clubs"? Fitter: "As much as I can get out of you"

That was actually quite cool of them to come in and comment....and smart. Whomever from KZG that replied was smart enough to realize that they may be turning away a group of avid golfers who genuinely have an interest in their beautiful looking product.

I was just basically giving @Jman a reason why people might just gloss over companies or products that don't show pricing, even if it's just the starting, low end point. To me it just comes off as, Me: "How much for clubs"? Fitter: "As much as I can get out of you"
There’s a really good interview with KZG on the homepage where they explain their model.

There’s a really good interview with KZG on the homepage where they explain their model.

As I stated, I understand why they do what they do. You had just questioned why people would just gloss over a product that had no price and I was just giving a couple of examples and my thoughts on the question. I wasn't saying that's what they are probably doing. In order to answer your question I was just giving an explanation on how and why people may have reacted to no pricing.

They feel as good as anything out there on the market, JDM included.

The added sole width while keeping a smaller topline and offset though is the secret imo. It’s a blend we just don’t see, and it works.

kinda like the new level 623’s? Nice thin top line with a fairly thick sole

All packed up and ready to go for tomorrows first round.

Got these out on the course today, and my concerns with the short irons after the range were put to rest. I didnt have me best swing today across the board, so it was more me than the clubs. I may have to adjust my distances. I was about 5-10 yards longer than normal, which is a pleasant surprise, without sacrificing accuracy. I'll have more updates on these later!

kinda like the new level 623’s? Nice thin top line with a fairly thick sole
Nah, these are definitely wider than those in all areas, the sole surprisingly on the wider side but plays SO well.

Got these out on the course today, and my concerns with the short irons after the range were put to rest. I didnt have me best swing today across the board, so it was more me than the clubs. I may have to adjust my distances. I was about 5-10 yards longer than normal, which is a pleasant surprise, without sacrificing accuracy. I'll have more updates on these later!
Ahem...

I’ll drop the extra weights off tomorrow! (y)
Were you able to drop these off? Just haven't seen them so I wanted to check.

Back