L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

The club head looks like a branding iron to me but it's good to hear that's not distracting.

Which alignment aid / shaft / grip combination did you get ???

#19 I believe. The 3 lines. 63356373546__424884E8-16D2-495A-B4C1-BFF50D4E2988.jpg

I'm not an armlock putter but I love the nickel finish... thanks for sharing !!!
I was partial to black, but this Nickel finish is definitely more durable like they claim, doesn't mark up easily. I found the black to mark up a little (usually little scuffs that could be wiped of with a little effort).

They have like 20 alignment options available so you should be able to find something close to what you like. Also,, FYI.. New models coming out at some point this year..
You mention new models coming out. Any clue what might be coming?

I’m loving mine so far. That said, sent it back for a few teaks and played this week due to the nice weather and had the putting round of my life with the old faithful.

Im sticking with LAB tho for awhile. Only played 1 round with it and maybe 6 practice sessions. Still working on not manipulating the face. The thumbs off thing doesn’t work for me. But trying to apply little to zero pressure with the thumbs.

I’m loving mine so far. That said, sent it back for a few teaks and played this week due to the nice weather and had the putting round of my life with the old faithful.

Im sticking with LAB tho for awhile. Only played 1 round with it and maybe 6 practice sessions. Still working on not manipulating the face. The thumbs off thing doesn’t work for me. But trying to apply little to zero pressure with the thumbs.

The thumbs off thing... have you ever tried the Garsen Max putter grip ???

They are available in approximately 10.25 and 14.75" lengths. I've used both sized grips and for the DF 2.1 the longer of the two may be what you are looking for. Make sure you are looking at the MAX grip if interested... the regular grip would be too small IMHO.

Worth a look if nothing else.

Not manipulating face - try having the back of the lead hand go to the target. When it begins twisting, you get:sick:

Im curious... why are sending your putter back for tweaks ???

I assume that if it was just lie angle adjustments that could be done at most local golf shops.

Last edited:
Im curious... why are sending your putter back for tweaks ???

I assume that if it was just lie angle adjustments that could be done at most local golf shops.

Naw. Sam asked how I liked it. Loved it but struggled with this sound. Head feels tight. Not loose but he said send back it shouldn’t make that sound.

The thumbs off thing... have you ever tried the Garsen Max putter grip ???

They are available in approximately 10.25 and 14.75" lengths. I've used both sized grips and for the DF 2.1 the longer of the two may be what you are looking for. Make sure you are looking at the MAX grip if interested... the regular grip would be too small IMHO.

Worth a look if nothing else.

I have not see this. I will look in to. Thanks

Naw. Sam asked how I liked it. Loved it but struggled with this sound. Head feels tight. Not loose but he said send back it shouldn’t make that sound.

Something Loose o_O Should have no vibration:censored:

Something Loose o_O Should have no vibration:censored:

Yup. Matt sent it back today. Not sure what it was but they said no sounds coming from putter now. Should have it mid week. Doesn’t matter. 25° thru Thursday

Over the weekend I rolled a few at PGATSS, and have also received the recommended specs using LAB’s email fitting service where you send in a video of your stroke. Just to torture myself, I received specs for both a traditional length as well as an armlock, which I have been dabbling with using an Odyssey Doublewide Armlock. PGATSS didn’t have any armlocks to demo.

Ponder mode activated - currently leaning toward a traditional length. I fit into their stock specs so would “save” about $150 vs going the custom/armlock route. Hmmmn...

Honeymoon phase engaged. Loving this thing so far.

I just got a Broomstick factory second in blue built to my specs 48" at 79.5 degrees with the same alignment as @Minarets. I ordered it and was told 3-5 weeks for the build. Showed up today, less than 2 weeks later. They are aerating today at my local course so won't get out to a course until Thursday but inside I like the feel. Set up alone I can tell how much I manipulated my old putter.

Pulled the trigger today on a DF 2.1 and hope to have it in the next 3-4 weeks.

I'd heard about this putter before and saw a couple pros playing it last year. I happened to come across a couple of these at 2ndSwing a few weeks ago. They had about 5 of them for me to test out. I found one that fit my style and I traded 3 clubs in for it (straight trade). I'm in full honeymoon phase right now. In the last 2 weeks, I've made more putts from outside 8 feet than I normally would in 2 months with my old putter. :love:

I'd heard about this putter before and saw a couple pros playing it last year. I happened to come across a couple of these at 2ndSwing a few weeks ago. They had about 5 of them for me to test out. I found one that fit my style and I traded 3 clubs in for it (straight trade). I'm in full honeymoon phase right now. In the last 2 weeks, I've made more putts from outside 8 feet than I normally would in 2 months with my old putter. :love:

Good luck!! It is big and different but I think there is something to it.

I have been doing some research on the DF 2.1 putter by watching videos and reading articles. I am not put off by the look as long as it helps my game.

I am planning to visit a local shop to do a custom fitting soon (probably Haggin Oaks in Sacramento, one of the largest retail places in the US.) I would appreciate any tips prior to my session.

a few people I know have tried this. To paraphrase the great meatloaf, I would do anything to make a putt..... but I won't do that.

I have been doing some research on the DF 2.1 putter by watching videos and reading articles. I am not put off by the look as long as it helps my game.

I am planning to visit a local shop to do a custom fitting soon (probably Haggin Oaks in Sacramento, one of the largest retail places in the US.) I would appreciate any tips prior to my session.

Nothing too specific, but I do know that the DF 2.1 is meant to be played with the ball a bit closer to your front foot. So if you are doing your fitting with the LAB putter, don't have the ball in the center of your stance. Basically, you want the contact point between the shaft and the head (lol) at the center of your stance, so the ball is a bit forward. I know there is a YouTube video from Bill Presse out there on it.

@mancest: I do have a line I don't cross also. I will never buy a chipper no matter how many I chunk or blade.

@Jank: I saw a few videos by Bill Presse and yes, you are correct about the shaft position being in the center.

Yesterday I talked on the phone and also exchanged email with 2 separate customer service reps at LAB Golf. Today I booked a fitting at the pro shop. And...I drank the KoolAid (and an expensive one at that.)

DF 2.1 with Black putter head. 34" shaft, 73* lie angle, Accra X Black shaft, Press II 3* grip, #19 alignment mark (3 line-3 line-1 line), black head cover.

Now, how do I tell my gamer not to quit on me for the next 4 to 5 weeks until the its replacement arrives.

Nothing too specific, but I do know that the DF 2.1 is meant to be played with the ball a bit closer to your front foot. So if you are doing your fitting with the LAB putter, don't have the ball in the center of your stance. Basically, you want the contact point between the shaft and the head (lol) at the center of your stance, so the ball is a bit forward. I know there is a YouTube video from Bill Presse out there on it.
Definitely this.

I didn't see anything recommending it (have since), just tinkered on my own. Once I made my address with the shaft roughly center of my stance, so therefore ball forward, the DF came alive.

Definitely this.

I didn't see anything recommending it (have since), just tinkered on my own. Once I made my address with the shaft roughly center of my stance, so therefore ball forward, the DF came alive.
There is a good LAB Golf You Tube video that talks about setting up with their putters.

Because of the forward press grips the front/leading tip of the putter shaft should be in the centre of your stance... this they considered ideal. They recommend starting in that position, and if needed move the shaft slightly forward in your stance until you are getting the results you are looking for.

You can try moving the shaft forward in your stance but never back of centre.

Back