L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

Thanks! The feel (or lack of) scares me a bit. From YT videos, it seems to be not soft and "pingy" upon impact. I do like how it is different, but hard to do anything like that without a guarantee or return policy which as far as I know they do not offer. Not sure about the online fitting capability either. I just don't know.

I've ownedone for about 3 years now. It works it's way in and out of the bag. Like everything else, it's not the putter but the puttee. It's not a magic wand and everything automatically goes in. Lke everything else, if you don't practice you can't expect it to be automatic. I think it feels ok off the putter face but on longer putts when you do have to give it a whack you definitely get a "ping" sound...and not quiet either. Don't get me wrong, I do like the putter but like a lot of us onhere I like trying out different clubs as well.

I agree with many of the above comments as to soft feel and stability. It's not in my bag because I had trouble with distance control on long putts.

When I start playing more again, I will probably use it once in a while to see ifI can regain distance control on the 25+ foot putts

Just stick your iron and wedge shots closer. Problem solved...no more 25+ footers! :LOL:

Just stick your iron and wedge shots closer. Problem solved...no more 25+ footers! :LOL:

Working on it. But sh$t happens.

I already consider my putting a strength of my game as. 6 HC. Chipping and putting carry me for sure. Irons are what hold me back mostly. I miss too many greens. I put a lot of pressure on my chipping and putting to score.

I have a putt out green in the garage and look forward to starting the journey with this putter in the garage if the weather isn’t nice. If it’s decent I’ll be at the putting green at the local course trying to dial it in. Not sure how much better I’ll be able to quantify the putting but anything that increases confidence, I’m on board with.

Mine is supposedly shipping next week. Super excited. Want to get this thing rolling.

Rolled one for the first time yesterday. It was super stable and the looks actually weren't as bad as I thought it would be when addressing the ball. However, the alignment wasn't great compared to my Spider X, IMO. I think I hit the ball where I was aiming most of the time, but I struggled to consistently line up to my desired target. If this wasn't the case, I would probably have bought it,

Rolled one for the first time yesterday. It was super stable and the looks actually weren't as bad as I thought it would be when addressing the ball. However, the alignment wasn't great compared to my Spider X, IMO. I think I hit the ball where I was aiming most of the time, but I struggled to consistently line up to my desired target. If this wasn't the case, I would probably have bought it,

I had a custom shorter alignment line made for mine. It helped me with aim.

I had a custom shorter alignment line made for mine. It helped me with aim.

Oh, if the Spider ever starts acting up, I may have to look into that.

Was just looking at my stats pre-LAB and post-LAB and thought I'd share. Of course, improvement can come from any number of factors, but all of my putting stats that I track are better since putting the LAB in the bag. It is compiled of 41 rounds worth of stats pre-LAB and 48 rounds post-LAB.

Total putts down 0.68 per round (my GIR% has remained pretty steady)
Birdies per round are up 0.02
Double bogies per round are down 0.23
Putts/GIR are down 0.02
Putts/non-GIR are down 0.04
Average round differential is down 1.4!

I have a lot of interest in this putter but due to it's high price it will have to take a back seat to the 2021 golf dues and new irons.

To those who may already know... does L.A.B to custom alignments ???

I'm looking for a single line across the front face and a single line going from the face of the putter to the very end of the putter.

I have a lot of interest in this putter but due to it's high price it will have to take a back seat to the 2021 golf dues and new irons.

I'm looking for a single line across the front face and a single line going from the face of the putter to the very end of the putter.
You can go to their web page and see all the alignment options they offer. There are a ton.

Thanks but I already have... the one I would like is a combination of two that they offer.

They have like 20 alignment options available so you should be able to find something close to what you like. Also,, FYI.. New models coming out at some point this year..

They have like 20 alignment options available so you should be able to find something close to what you like. Also,, FYI.. New models coming out at some point this year..
Please don't take offence but what fits my eye isn't being offered.

If these were "regular priced putters" fine... I could settle for one of their offerings but at that price I'm expecting to get what fits my eye.

Please don't take offence but what fits my eye isn't being offered.

If these were "regular priced putters" fine... I could settle for one of their offerings but at that price I'm expecting to get what fits my eye.

No offense at all. I just know they have a lot of options. I bet if you emailed them they would be able to work things out. They actually just moved all their production from Reno, NV to somewhere in OR. I think Portland.

Yes they will work with you in a custom alignment.

I’m really liking my df2.1 so far. The look doesn’t bother me at all once I start putting with it. I don’t notice any of it but the front blade once I’m focused on making a putt.

The club head looks like a branding iron to me but it's good to hear that's not distracting.

Which alignment aid / shaft / grip combination did you get ???

The club head looks like a branding iron to me but it's good to hear that's not distracting.

Which alignment aid / shaft / grip combination did you get ???
To me it looks like a giant bottle opener.:ROFLMAO: It's a little funny looking, but the concept behind it (Lie angle balanced) really works. Definitely not for everyone, I go back and forth between this and a Cameron Center Shafter Blade (T22). I am used to center shafted putters so that has helped me transition relatively easily to this putter. You will be hard pressed (no pun intended) to find something easier to hit those 4-6 foot straight putts with.

I went with number two alignment (the one that look like a little T )

Strange... I JUST received an email from Matt @ LAB Golf confirming that they can do my combo "1+28" alignment lines. :love:

Now there's no excuses.

Now what color will you get??

I like the blue but I'll more than likely go with the black.
I have a black and it frames the ball nicely. I just got an armlock in the nickel finish, I think I like then black better. Enjoy!

I have a black and it frames the ball nicely. I just got an armlock in the nickel finish, I think I like then black better. Enjoy!
I have built an armlock black on their website a few times. Just can’t find myself pulling the trigger.

I have built an armlock black on their website a few times. Just can’t find myself pulling the trigger.
Same, I finally pulled the trigger though.

Back