LA Golf Bryson Proto Shaft

Yes sir. 65 X in both.
I have both in the 70 TX and man that Trono is a beast. I am really liking the TPOC so far, but need to get them both on a monitor. Look forward to your thoughts on them both. I wish I would have gone 60g in the Trono.

I have both in the 70 TX and man that Trono is a beast. I am really liking the TPOC so far, but need to get them both on a monitor. Look forward to your thoughts on them both. I wish I would have gone 60g in the Trono.
I'm finding it very similar in feel to the HZRDUS Green. At least in the very limited time I've tried it. I played it almost all last year, so I'm not surprised to see myself gravitate that way to start.

The TPOC is a little different feel to me. I tipped it a half inch and think I am going to take another half inch off of it to tighten it up just a smidge more.

Huge thanks to @Shafted for sending me not only the Trono but the TPOC to try as well. Really excited to get adapters on these and see what they're all about!

View attachment 8920644

View attachment 8920645

View attachment 8920647
Huge thanks to @Shafted for sending me not only the Trono but the TPOC to try as well. Really excited to get adapters on these and see what they're all about!

View attachment 8920644

View attachment 8920645

View attachment 8920647
Don't thank me, thank Trubisky!!!

Good luck with the shafts. I think you are right, with your swing speed, the TPOC might need to be tipped more than 0.5".

Just wanted to drop in here and give a quick update. Since I don't have the ability to play outdoors and no consistent access to launch monitors, I only have thoughts on what I have seen playing on a simulator. This shaft is stiff. Like, really stiff. After hopping around from shaft to shaft, I have noticed that with the Trono, I have a tendency to catch the ball high on the face. I imagine it has something to do with the lack of kick through the impact zone. I imagine that if I were to get this on a monitor, I would probably see the spin being a little high and the smash factor being a little low.

I have to spend some more time with it to get the feel of it down. It is definitely stiffer overall than the HZRDUS Green 6.5TX I was playing last season. Which, to me, is pretty crazy.

Otherwise, I really like the balance of the shaft and the feel of it during the swing. As I said, I have to spend some more time with it on a consistent basis to see if I can't see if my timing adjusts to it a bit.

Otherwise, I have also been playing around with the TPOC shaft. That shaft really does have a Tensei type profile to it. It feels much softer in the butt of the shaft but still maintains a pretty good stiffness through the swing. I had it tipped a half inch initially and it's currently in the shop getting another half inch taken off. That will bring the playing length down to a comfortable 45". If I had to pick one of these shafts to go play a round right now and my goal was to score as best I can, I would have to pick the TPOC. Plus, the Prototype graphics look bad *ss.

La golf is doing to some good things.

Just wanted to drop in here and give a quick update. Since I don't have the ability to play outdoors and no consistent access to launch monitors, I only have thoughts on what I have seen playing on a simulator. This shaft is stiff. Like, really stiff. After hopping around from shaft to shaft, I have noticed that with the Trono, I have a tendency to catch the ball high on the face. I imagine it has something to do with the lack of kick through the impact zone. I imagine that if I were to get this on a monitor, I would probably see the spin being a little high and the smash factor being a little low.

This is my experience exactly! I have been able to get a slight kick at times with this shaft (mine is the 70 TX) but I know I am definitely not gaining any energy from this shaft at impact. The tradeoff is stability and I think a different weight and/or flex in this profile could be money. The 70TX is just too much for me.

Otherwise, I have also been playing around with the TPOC shaft. That shaft really does have a Tensei type profile to it. It feels much softer in the butt of the shaft but still maintains a pretty good stiffness through the swing. I had it tipped a half inch initially and it's currently in the shop getting another half inch taken off. That will bring the playing length down to a comfortable 45". If I had to pick one of these shafts to go play a round right now and my goal was to score as best I can, I would have to pick the TPOC. Plus, the Prototype graphics look bad *ss.

I have the 70TX in the TPOC too and this is a really nice shaft IMO. Good feel due to the softer butt end, but I am getting a nice kick while feeling very connected to the clubhead.

Great feedback Radiman!

This is my experience exactly! I have been able to get a slight kick at times with this shaft (mine is the 70 TX) but I know I am definitely not gaining any energy from this shaft at impact. The tradeoff is stability and I think a different weight and/or flex in this profile could be money. The 70TX is just too much for me.
Yeah, it is super stable. Mine is a 65 gram shaft. I would guess that a buttoned shot would see probably a little less distance but a lot tighter dispersion. That is what I liked about the HZRDUS Green. It wasn't the longest combo I have ever played, but it just wanted to go straight. The 70 gram would definitely be too much for me. Heck, the 65 might be too. We shall see.

Yeah, it is super stable. Mine is a 65 gram shaft. I would guess that a buttoned shot would see probably a little less distance but a lot tighter dispersion. That is what I liked about the HZRDUS Green. It wasn't the longest combo I have ever played, but it just wanted to go straight. The 70 gram would definitely be too much for me. Heck, the 65 might be too. We shall see.
I'm considering keeping that Trono un-tipped and cutting it down for the Cobra Big Tour FW from the MC this year. That might be a sneaky good shaft in a strong fairway, say 13.5* fairway finder.

I'm considering keeping that Trono un-tipped and cutting it down for the Cobra Big Tour FW from the MC this year. That might be a sneaky good shaft in a strong fairway, say 13.5* fairway finder.
Yeah, that would be deadly. I think that sounds like a great plan

Alright. The TPOC is now tipped an inch. I put it in play during my simulator league last night. After playing the Trono the week before, I was finding that the stiffness of the shaft was going to take some time to adjust to. Decided the TPOC was up to bat. Now that it is tightened up a bit in the tip, I think it feels phenomenal. The balance of the shaft is perfect. Oly mentioned that it was a higher balance point, so I think there may be some room to add some weight to the head and turn this thing into a hammer.

I found that the shaft was a lot easier for me to time my release. It is something I have identified as a point of contention in my driver swing. I have been holding the release for some reason and struggling to close the face in time robbing me of speed and consistency. I don't know if it is the swing adjustments I am working on, or the balance of the shaft. But, it was all clicking last night.

@Shafted (Oly) sent this shaft to me due to my past use of the Pro Orange. I don't know if the balance point on the TPOC is quite as high or if the tip was initially quite as stiff. But, it does share a lot of similarities in the feel department now. I don't think the TPOC is as soft in the butt. The tip stiffness was an easy thing to adjust. I think the TPOC may be a little crisper in feel. Just love it.

I was hoping to get on a Trackman this week, but it's not going to work with our schedule. I may try to take a day off early next week and get some numbers. But, color me impressed. I haven't hit the Olyss at this point. But, I know it has gotten some good reviews. With the right exposure, I think the TPOC and OLYSS, could be huge hits for them. The Trono may be a bit polarizing and likely won't fit too many players but still be an ultra stable addition to the line up.

Great write-up. I kind of want to try these, but the OLYSS fits so well, that it would probably not be wise.

Great write-up. I kind of want to try these, but the OLYSS fits so well, that it would probably not be wise.
Don't want to mess with a good thing. I am wondering when these will make their way to general availability.

Don't want to mess with a good thing. I am wondering when these will make their way to general availability.

I believe OLY said they were available or a few were available- was tempted to reach out to the People’s Clubs but I’m not sure I want to spend that coin lol - would get a Cobra tip (obvi) for a 3/5 wood setup

Olyss and Trono will be formally launched next month!!! TPOC (that probably won't be the final name) still needs a bit of work to fill out the rest of the line, so best guess right now would be April time frame for that puppy.

Thank you again to everyone on THP for the fantastic feedback.

Oly

Olyss and Trono will be formally launched next month!!! TPOC (that probably won't be the final name) still needs a bit of work to fill out the rest of the line, so best guess right now would be April time frame for that puppy.

Thank you again to everyone on THP for the fantastic feedback.

Oly
Excellent! Can I ask what kind of changes you're looking to make to it? Just out of general curiosity.

Excellent! Can I ask what kind of changes you're looking to make to it? Just out of general curiosity.
On the 'TPOC' I am not really looking to change anything as the testing to date both on Tour, with you guys, and elsewhere has been very good. I just need to complete all of the weights and flexes before we can release it as a new product. The plan is to have a 55, 65, and 75 gram version in a variety of flexes.

Now my turn to be curious, would you have any suggestions on changes for that product. Always looking for feedback, good or bad.

Oly

On the 'TPOC' I am not really looking to change anything as the testing to date both on Tour, with you guys, and elsewhere has been very good. I just need to complete all of the weights and flexes before we can release it as a new product. The plan is to have a 55, 65, and 75 gram version in a variety of flexes.

Now my turn to be curious, would you have any suggestions on changes for that product. Always looking for feedback, good or bad.

Oly
Too early in the process for me to say with 100% certainty. Initially, I thought it had a little more play than what I was expecting. But, trimming the tip made a huge difference. Now, it's nice and tight. I don't know how high the balance point is, nor am I shaft expert where I would know the meaning of the value if you were to tell me, lol. But, I wonder how it would feel if it were a bit higher yet. Just feels to me that it isn't quite as counterbalanced as the Pro Orange was. Not saying you need to make a clone of that shaft by any means. But, it was squaring up real nice at impact. Almost made the release feel effortless. The TPOC has a one up on the PO in that category so far. I struggled to time the release with that shaft for some reason. Things just seem more natural with the TPOC.

I am hoping to get on Trackman next week. I hope to get some numbers on this and the Trono. But, overall, I am extremely happy with how it's going so far.

Well, the TPOC continues to impress me. I am absolutely in love with the feel. The Trono will have to wait until I can commit some serious time to try and groove a feel for that shaft. Last week, I had an hour on Trackman booked. But, at $50/hr, I didn't want to waste too much time trying to force that shaft. Was still catching it higher on the face. Once my clubs range opens up and I can spend a limitless amount of time, I will try to see if I can develop a feel for it. Most of the winter rust should be gone by then too. And, from what I can tell, you need to bring it to get the most out of that shaft.

I just saw this. The profile on the Trono is wild.. Look how freaking mid stiff it is.. .

1595385301172.png

It's definitely stout. But man.. It's also filthy when you connect on it. I might put that back in the bag for a little bit over the next couple weeks as the humidity is high, and I'm too lazy to regrip my PX shaft for the moment :ROFLMAO:

It's definitely stout. But man.. It's also filthy when you connect on it. I might put that back in the bag for a little bit over the next couple weeks as the humidity is high, and I'm too lazy to regrip my PX shaft for the moment :ROFLMAO:
It really is-- my buddy has it in my ole F9 and I don't think he's drove the ball better, ever.

It really is-- my buddy has it in my ole F9 and I don't think he's drove the ball better, ever.

I think it works really well for those who just really load the heck out of the shaft. You don't have to swing at 130mph, but you better get it flexing as you transition, if that makes sense.

I think it works really well for those who just really load the heck out of the shaft. You don't have to swing at 130mph, but you better get it flexing as you transition, if that makes sense.

I really want to try this. I have been playing the haz green tx and it is mid stiff as well. It has been really good. This is on another level though.

Surprisingly the torque is not as low as I would have though. I have played shafts with lower torque rating. That is not a big deal, I just expected it to me lower. I am not 100% how overall stiffness and torque play together anyway.

Biggest goal currently for me is to fine tune my shaft options in my clubs, I'm not sure if there's more of an equipment experimenter, tinkerer. I'm extremely, extremely analytical & have always taken a physics/math approach to golf, even way before Bryson came about & always wonder what's possible / being left on the table and accessible with tech.

Currently game and enjoy the Velocore in my Sim but think I want to try to fine tune and find something potentially better for my Sim 2 when it drops.
Also looking for shafts for my MP20s & putter. I purchased a tour stability shaft for my super rat but haven't throw it on yet, LAGP has me intrigued all around.

Any advice or options for fitting / experiment access, can't find too much online @Shafted Excited to learn more

Back