LA Golf Bryson Proto Shaft

Nippon Shafts

radiman

Well-known member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
2,602
Reaction score
445
Location
MN
Handicap
2.8
Shafted;n8901039 said:
I am told 'Trono' is a latin word that means 'Throne'. The name was selected by our COO. If I can ask, what do you THP'ers think of the name and the shaft look. Not too late to pivot if we need to.

Thanks,
Oly
I like the name. The guys with the shafts would be able to speak to the looks more. But, I for one am really digging what I have seen in the designs posted throughout the thread. The black looks sharp, the LAGP logo nice and simple, the Tour script looks good. I am a big fan of the shaft posted by H8tobogie earlier in this thread. Even the Prototype on the other side of the shaft could remain in my eyes. Is the Trono the retail name of the 3VD1?

 

Shafted

Active member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
50
Reaction score
146
Location
San Diego, CA
Handicap
7
radiman;n8901072 said:
I like the name. The guys with the shafts would be able to speak to the looks more. But, I for one am really digging what I have seen in the designs posted throughout the thread. The black looks sharp, the LAGP logo nice and simple, the Tour script looks good. I am a big fan of the shaft posted by H8tobogie earlier in this thread. Even the Prototype on the other side of the shaft could remain in my eyes. Is the Trono the retail name of the 3VD1?

Yes, Trono is the retail name for the Bryson 3VD-1 Prototype.
 

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
37,446
Reaction score
697
Location
My Happy Place
Handicap
The Clock
Shafted;n8901088 said:
Yes, Trono is the retail name for the Bryson 3VD-1 Prototype.
Why Trono?
 

radiman

Well-known member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
2,602
Reaction score
445
Location
MN
Handicap
2.8
I am a huge fan of the prototype version as it stands. So, I would love to see any additional branding be added to that existing design. Just my .02. Would probably change the Trono script to something that closely resembles that look. Made a tweak to the pic I posted earlier. I like the look of this. Obviously, just my opinion. Everyone has different tastes though.

trono.jpg
 

Shafted

Active member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
50
Reaction score
146
Location
San Diego, CA
Handicap
7
radiman;n8901140 said:
I am a huge fan of the prototype version as it stands. So, I would love to see any additional branding be added to that existing design. Just my .02. Would probably change the Trono script to something that closely resembles that look. Made a tweak to the pic I posted earlier. I like the look of this. Obviously, just my opinion. Everyone has different tastes though.

Interesting. I will pass it along and see what others in the company think. Thanks a ton for your input.

Oly
 

jlew2144

#TeamPrestige
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
4,685
Reaction score
54
Location
Dublin, OH
Handicap
12.5
I am definitely a fan of the looks of the shaft in its current form. Don’t think I’d change anything on it as it is...

I will have to think on the name aspect. LAGP Trono is definitely different.
 

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
34,808
Reaction score
594
Location
Cow Pasture, FL
Handicap
5.2
jlew2144;n8901367 said:
I am definitely a fan of the looks of the shaft in its current form. Don’t think I’d change anything on it as it is...

I will have to think on the name aspect. LAGP Trono is definitely different.
Is yours a matte or gloss finish?
 

jlew2144

#TeamPrestige
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
4,685
Reaction score
54
Location
Dublin, OH
Handicap
12.5
MWard;n8901381 said:
Is yours a matte or gloss finish?
Gloss, yours?
 

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
34,808
Reaction score
594
Location
Cow Pasture, FL
Handicap
5.2
jlew2144;n8901383 said:
Gloss, yours?
Matte. I think the gloss makes it pop a bit more, but the matte is still good looking. I also like gloss, so personal preference might have a slight effect here
 

jlew2144

#TeamPrestige
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
4,685
Reaction score
54
Location
Dublin, OH
Handicap
12.5
Out for an early round ahead of NFL kickoff and proceeded to have a PB type of round where just about everything was clicking.

I pulled driver on every par 4 and par 5 and managed to hit 10/14 fairways and continued to be amazed at this particular shaft/head combo that I’ve got.

Whether I step up and baby one, or get up and give it hell, the feeling is the same. Consistency and stability— hit a few drives today in the 300-305 range which is extremely long for me. It flat out continues to impress me.

Think LAGP and Oly have a winner here!!
 

radiman

Well-known member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
2,602
Reaction score
445
Location
MN
Handicap
2.8
jlew2144;n8902745 said:
Out for an early round ahead of NFL kickoff and proceeded to have a PB type of round where just about everything was clicking.

I pulled driver on every par 4 and par 5 and managed to hit 10/14 fairways and continued to be amazed at this particular shaft/head combo that I’ve got.

Whether I step up and baby one, or get up and give it hell, the feeling is the same. Consistency and stability— hit a few drives today in the 300-305 range which is extremely long for me. It flat out continues to impress me.

Think LAGP and Oly have a winner here!!
Nice work!
 

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
34,808
Reaction score
594
Location
Cow Pasture, FL
Handicap
5.2
Played with this yesterday, and saw positive and negative thing with this in play. I have no trouble getting this launching, even for a low launch shaft. Without a monitor and by pure guessing, I’d still say I’m launching in the mid teens On solid strikes, I was right around where I’d be with my handcrafted shaft, so that’s a happy yay.

The miss with it though seemed to be left. Not big swooping draws, but more like setting up for a fade and the ball starting left and turning over. If I went and looked at my missed fairways, I’m pretty sure almost all but two were left misses. That was a bit frustrating, but hopefully it’s something I can get figured out with a bit of practice with it.
 

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
34,808
Reaction score
594
Location
Cow Pasture, FL
Handicap
5.2
Shafted;n8904877 said:
Current Trono (Bryson Proto) graphics. Feedback please!!!

Thank,
Oly


Meant to ask this, why the smaller N? I’m sure there’s a story behind it?
 

radiman

Well-known member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
2,602
Reaction score
445
Location
MN
Handicap
2.8
Shafted;n8904877 said:
Current Trono (Bryson Proto) graphics. Feedback please!!!

Thank,
Oly


Is the Trono script on the same side as the LAGP script?

In my opinion, I like the gloss better. I also think having LAGP in addition to the LAGP logo is a bit redundant. I will stick with my opinion that the prototype version looks a bit better. Not that this looks bad by any means. Just my preference, take it for what it's worth :)
 

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
37,446
Reaction score
697
Location
My Happy Place
Handicap
The Clock
I’m a fan - shaft artwork looks fantastic
 

jlew2144

#TeamPrestige
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
4,685
Reaction score
54
Location
Dublin, OH
Handicap
12.5
I’m a fan as well. From the pics it looks almost metallic, and that’s a big win for me!!
 

H8tobogie

Well-known member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Jun 15, 2017
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
76
Location
Austin, TX
Handicap
12
Shafted;n8904877 said:
Current Trono (Bryson Proto) graphics. Feedback please!!!

Thank,
Oly


I like the look, Oly! I like the red badge the most and would prefer to see that on the same side of the shaft as Trono and not competing with the large LAGP script, which does seem redundant to have on the same side of the shaft anyway. Having the large LAGP that boldly written takes away from the red badge, IMO.

The weight and flex script is rather large as well and could be written smaller and directly beneath the circle 16. What does the circle 16 stand for? Overall I like the matte finish and think it will look fantastic with a ton of the modern heads. I do like the appearance of the graphite weave, but I suppose that would be harder to achieve with a matte finish. Overall very classy!!!
 

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
34,808
Reaction score
594
Location
Cow Pasture, FL
Handicap
5.2
Fun fact: You may be able to see the numbers written under the Trono script. Those are definitely Latitude and Longitude numbers.
 

Shafted

Active member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
50
Reaction score
146
Location
San Diego, CA
Handicap
7
H8tobogie;n8905076 said:
I like the look, Oly! I like the red badge the most and would prefer to see that on the same side of the shaft as Trono and not competing with the large LAGP script, which does seem redundant to have on the same side of the shaft anyway. Having the large LAGP that boldly written takes away from the red badge, IMO.

The weight and flex script is rather large as well and could be written smaller and directly beneath the circle 16. What does the circle 16 stand for? Overall I like the matte finish and think it will look fantastic with a ton of the modern heads. I do like the appearance of the graphite weave, but I suppose that would be harder to achieve with a matte finish. Overall very classy!!!
Thanks for the great feedback. The '16' represents the 'hexadecogonal' (16 sided) tooling that the Trono is built on. The Trono does not have the Carbon/Zylon weave, so that is one reason we chose, at least for now to go with a textured matte finish.

Best,
Oly
 

H8tobogie

Well-known member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Jun 15, 2017
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
76
Location
Austin, TX
Handicap
12
Shafted;n8905163 said:
Thanks for the great feedback. The '16' represents the 'hexadecogonal' (16 sided) tooling that the Trono is built on. The Trono does not have the Carbon/Zylon weave, so that is one reason we chose, at least for now to go with a textured matte finish.

Best,
Oly
With the bright silver color for the large LAGP script, the matte is the way to go hands down, IMO.
 

Shafted

Active member
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
Aug 8, 2019
Messages
50
Reaction score
146
Location
San Diego, CA
Handicap
7
Fun fact: You may be able to see the numbers written under the Trono script. Those are definitely Latitude and Longitude numbers.
Those are the GPS coordinates for the hitting bay at Dallas National Golf Club where Bryson did the first testing with this shaft. It was his idea to put the lat/long numbers on the shaft as a way to commemorate where his shaft was born.
 

jlew2144

#TeamPrestige
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
4,685
Reaction score
54
Location
Dublin, OH
Handicap
12.5
Those are the GPS coordinates for the hitting bay at Dallas National Golf Club where Bryson did the first testing with this shaft. It was his idea to put the lat/long numbers on the shaft as a way to commemorate where his shaft was born.
That's phenomenal!!! Love it!
 

jlew2144

#TeamPrestige
Albatross 2019 Club
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
4,685
Reaction score
54
Location
Dublin, OH
Handicap
12.5
Haven’t gotten to play golf in two weeks now... between work and life it’s just not happened for me.

I got the chance to hit the range this evening and decided I’d throw my old Smoke in and rotate between the two. Here’s what I noticed for the 10 swings each:
- The Bryson was much more accurate
- With the Smoke the same “swings” created far different results
- There was no laying off the Bryson but had to with the Smoke

Needless to say my Smoke is now in my closet in the spare bag and the Bryson will remain in my F9
 

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in
Top