LA Golf Bryson Proto Shaft

The TPOC prototype is so close in feel and performance to the Tensei Pro Orange that I find them almost interchangeable.

The Bryson shaft is just stout and so predictable, but with a slight bit of feel to it with the softer butt section. It is very unique and not like anything I’ve hit before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mimics the pro orange or whiteboard profile a bit with the soft butt section? Probably a little more stout I would imagine. I had a pro orange earlier this year and if I could change anything, I'd make the butt play more firm.

Mimics the pro orange or whiteboard profile a bit with the soft butt section? Probably a little more stout I would imagine. I had a pro orange earlier this year and if I could change anything, I'd make the butt play more firm.

I have the orange and it plays similar to that one. I haven’t tried the white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you testers have any particular shaft you could compare this to in terms of feel? I know it's subjective, but am really interested in this guy when it comes to retail and am curious how it stacks up against older or existing offerings.

No I don’t think it compares to anything that I’ve hit before or anything that’s out right now. The profile is unlike anything on the market for sure.

Do you testers have any particular shaft you could compare this to in terms of feel? I know it's subjective, but am really interested in this guy when it comes to retail and am curious how it stacks up against older or existing offerings.
Man, the way the Bears are playing you will have one of these coming your way in no time!

Man, the way the Bears are playing you will have one of these coming your way in no time!
Lol. Is it time to move away from the Trubisky train?

Amen, brother!
I feel you. We've had some well documented QB troubles ourselves. Still unsure if Cousins can play at a level that warrants his salary.

I want to thank everyone that did some testing on our prototype shafts for the outstanding feedback. Every bit of it, the positive and the negative, will be extremely helpful to us going forward in creating new designs and/or possibly tweaking the existing prototypes. Keep the feedback coming and if any THP'ers ever have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Look for the OLYSS and Trono (possibly under a different name) to be available through your clubmakers in January.

Best,
Oly

I want to thank everyone that did some testing on our prototype shafts for the outstanding feedback. Every bit of it, the positive and the negative, will be extremely helpful to us going forward in creating new designs and/or possibly tweaking the existing prototypes. Keep the feedback coming and if any THP'ers ever have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Look for the OLYSS and Trono (possibly under a different name) to be available through your clubmakers in January.

Best,
Oly
Thanks, Oly. Seeing these out in January will be cool. I will have some follow up questions coming soon about fit and design between the two prototype shafts I am trying out. I have tried hitting them at the PGATSS but cannot stand being in a cage and swinging a driver. So, I found a trackman I can rent at a local range. I will be doing that over the next couple of weeks and then, if possible, I would love to get your feedback on what I am seeing and why certain shafts / designs work better with my type of swing. Shaft design and selecting the right shaft is a mystery to most of us, so this will be fun!

Best,
Oly
Good stuff Oly. Hope these sell well for you guys.

I continue to think about the Bryson line of shafts and what is being put together. 14 graphite in the bag is pretty cool.

I continue to think about the Bryson line of shafts and what is being put together. 14 graphite in the bag is pretty cool.
I'm sure you've heard, but is the driver shaft we got to test coming to market this year?

I'm sure you've heard, but is the driver shaft we got to test coming to market this year?
I don't know for sure when, but Oly's last post in this thread mentions them being available to club builders in January.

Yes. Beginning of the year and I will definitely be testing it out.

I saw TXG posted on their Instagram feed that they are testing the 3 prototypes.

On a side note, thanks to @Shafted and Mitch Trubisky, I will be testing out the Trono soon as well :)

Yes. Beginning of the year and I will definitely be testing it out.

Will be interested to hear your thoughts. It's unique for certain

I saw TXG posted on their Instagram feed that they are testing the 3 prototypes.

On a side note, thanks to @Shafted and Mitch Trubisky, I will be testing out the Trono soon as well :)

It’s definitely on the lower side of spin things.

I may see if I can get spin numbers on it for comparison. Easier said than done but still worth a try. I’m still trying to find a happy setup with this shaft, whether it be club or ball.

It’s definitely on the lower side of spin things.

I may see if I can get spin numbers on it for comparison. Easier said than done but still worth a try. I’m still trying to find a happy setup with this shaft, whether it be club or ball.
Do you suspect that it's a little too low spin for you?

Do you suspect that it's a little too low spin for you?

100% the case. It’s a low launch, low spin shaft, but I’m still getting mid high teens with a 9 degree head. I should loft it down to bring the launch down, but with that, goes spin.

100% the case. It’s a low launch, low spin shaft, but I’m still getting mid high teens with a 9 degree head. I should loft it down to bring the launch down, but with that, goes spin.

We need to put this on the Quad.

The Trono (Bryson shaft) and the OLYSS will be released by the end of January. Fingers crossed!!!! We have been running into the kind of setbacks that every start up is subject to, but things are looking up significantly and the release will happen soon. Thank you everyone for your support, feedback, comments, and goodwill these past months. I hope each and every member and administrator at THP has an awesome holiday season (Yes, and that does include Minnesota Vikings fans). Our best for a great holiday to you and yours from everyone here at LA Golf.

Happy Holidays!!
Oly

The Trono (Bryson shaft) and the OLYSS will be released by the end of January. Fingers crossed!!!! We have been running into the kind of setbacks that every start up is subject to, but things are looking up significantly and the release will happen soon. Thank you everyone for your support, feedback, comments, and goodwill these past months. I hope each and every member and administrator at THP has an awesome holiday season (Yes, and that does include Minnesota Vikings fans). Our best for a great holiday to you and yours from everyone here at LA Golf.

Happy Holidays!!
Oly

Your the best Oly. Give my love to CN.

Happy Holidays!!
Oly
Really happy to hear about the release and look forward to these getting into more people’s hands. Happy Holidays Oly and thank you!!

Finally got this on a launch monitor. Aaaaand I was surprised. I had noted that I kept getting a ball flight that looked like it had too little spin on it. After about 40 balls, it was spinning roughly 350 more rpm than my custom shaft. Launch was similar, in that mid to mid high teen range. Just spun a bit more than I was expecting and I’m still surprised by that.

??‍♂️

Solid shaft though for sure!

Back