LA Golf Bryson Proto Shaft

Finally got this on a launch monitor. Aaaaand I was surprised. I had noted that I kept getting a ball flight that looked like it had too little spin on it. After about 40 balls, it was spinning roughly 350 more rpm than my custom shaft. Launch was similar, in that mid to mid high teen range. Just spun a bit more than I was expecting and I’m still surprised by that.

??‍♂️

Solid shaft though for sure!

That thing gave really good numbers. It also looks fantastic.

That thing gave really good numbers. It also looks fantastic.

It did. I bet that with a cobra tip would be unreal

For anyone who enjoys TXG shaft reviews. They have been testing the new LAGP shafts and just posted their test of the Trono. Stiffest shaft they've ever tested apparently. Even stiffer than the HZRDUS Green.

CC had the Bryson shaft to demo already... was in a 70g x and I couldn't swing it for the life of me!! Maybe a 60g version would have worked for me, but the 70 was a beast!

For anyone who enjoys TXG shaft reviews. They have been testing the new LAGP shafts and just posted their test of the Trono. Stiffest shaft they've ever tested apparently. Even stiffer than the HZRDUS Green.

I just watched that. Seemed like it was tightening dispersion, but definitely took him grinding through to contact. Didn't seem like he ever felt it load.

I just watched that. Seemed like it was tightening dispersion, but definitely took him grinding through to contact. Didn't seem like he ever felt it load.
I suppose. Sacrifice a little speed for better dispersion. That guy does have plenty of speed to spare. It looked like his spin was really on the low side though.

I suppose. Sacrifice a little speed for better dispersion. That guy does have plenty of speed to spare. It looked like his spin was really on the low side though.
Indeed. I think maybe that's the point. Sacrifice speed for accuracy. Avoid some of the last-second kick.

But who wants that?? haha
I think I am going to be a member at a course that is new to me. Requires a lot more accuracy off the tee. Would give up a few mph for a little more accuracy.

I am really curious how this stacks up against the HZRDUS Green. That was a shaft that I had some decent success with.

I think I am going to be a member at a course that is new to me. Requires a lot more accuracy off the tee. Would give up a few mph for a little more accuracy.

I am really curious how this stacks up against the HZRDUS Green. That was a shaft that I had some decent success with.

I was semi kidding. In the Video Matt says to him it feels stiffer. That could just be a feel or reality. I dunno. I have a like the green as well.

I was semi kidding. In the Video Matt says to him it feels stiffer. That could just be a feel or reality. I dunno. I have a like the green as well.
Oh, I get it. Assumed as much. Was hoping the muscle arm Conan showed that :p

I will get an opportunity to test this out this coming year. Coming from the very stiff Green, I think I can get along with this shaft. Will be a stark contrast to the Ventus Red I will also have in play.

Huge thanks to @Shafted for sending me not only the Trono but the TPOC to try as well. Really excited to get adapters on these and see what they're all about!

20200102_175213.jpg

20200102_175216.jpg

20200102_174935.jpg

Good luck I look forward to your take on it. What is your ave club head speed?
It has varied depending on my back. Last spring I was about 117 maxing at 120 on trackman. This winter I feel like I'm a bit slower. Seems like my ball speed on good shots is hanging out in the low 170's right now on gc2. The unit calculates about 117 but that feels ambitious.

I played the HZRDUS Green most of last season and a Pro Orange before that.

Dropping these two bad boys off to get adapters installed. I am putting the Trono straight in. If Matt from TXG says it's the stiffest shaft he's ever tested (even compared to the Hulk), that tells me it's best not to mess with the tip. Still a little unsure on the TPOC. Thinking of starting with .5" off the tip and leaving it .5" long to give me a little room to take more off if needed. From what I understand, it has a higher balance point, so playing it a little long may not be a bad thing if it gets the swing weight up and adds some extra speed.

Got these bad boys tipped up and ready to go.

20200104_090502.jpg

20200104_090507.jpg

20200104_091107.jpg

20200104_091027.jpg

I just noticed this little touch when I finally in some daylight. There seems to be some letters in the tour script on the TPOC. Can't quite tell what it says. But, it's a pretty cool touch.

20200104_090927.jpg

I would recommend with the Trono shaft that you give it pretty close to full bore when you swing it. I always had the better results when I didn’t try and hold much back on it

I would recommend with the Trono shaft that you give it pretty close to full bore when you swing it. I always had the better results when I didn’t try and hold much back on it
I have some sim time booked for tomorrow. I can already tell that this shaft will require your full effort. Feels fairly tip heavy in my hands too. Don't have a swing weight on it, but compared to my ventus 70 gram shaft, it doesn't really feel any lighter.

Yeah it’s definitely a “give it all you’ve got captain” kind of shaft.

OLYSS user hoping in!
I’ve had that exact same experience with my shaft. It worked much better when I went after the ball full bore. It’s nice to have the confidence to just go for it off the tee!

I got a chance to hit the Trono today on a skytrak. The unit was having a really hard time picking up the ball with the driver. But, oh my gosh, I love how crisp this shaft feels.

I got a chance to hit the Trono today on a skytrak. The unit was having a really hard time picking up the ball with the driver. But, oh my gosh, I love how crisp this shaft feels.

how did it feel vs your gamer shaft from the ecpc fitting? i would assume substantially stiffer.

how did it feel vs your gamer shaft from the ecpc fitting? i would assume substantially stiffer.
A bit stiffer, yes. It is a very tight feel. No real kick to the shaft. Very uniform feel. Kind of feels like a steel iron shaft.

A bit stiffer, yes. It is a very tight feel. No real kick to the shaft. Very uniform feel. Kind of feels like a steel iron shaft.

Uniform is a great way to describe it. It’s just solid.

Back