LA Golf Bryson Proto Shaft

Shafted;n8901039 said:
I am told 'Trono' is a latin word that means 'Throne'. The name was selected by our COO. If I can ask, what do you THP'ers think of the name and the shaft look. Not too late to pivot if we need to.

Thanks,
Oly

I like the name. The guys with the shafts would be able to speak to the looks more. But, I for one am really digging what I have seen in the designs posted throughout the thread. The black looks sharp, the LAGP logo nice and simple, the Tour script looks good. I am a big fan of the shaft posted by H8tobogie earlier in this thread. Even the Prototype on the other side of the shaft could remain in my eyes. Is the Trono the retail name of the 3VD1?

fetch

radiman;n8901072 said:
I like the name. The guys with the shafts would be able to speak to the looks more. But, I for one am really digging what I have seen in the designs posted throughout the thread. The black looks sharp, the LAGP logo nice and simple, the Tour script looks good. I am a big fan of the shaft posted by H8tobogie earlier in this thread. Even the Prototype on the other side of the shaft could remain in my eyes. Is the Trono the retail name of the 3VD1?

fetch

Yes, Trono is the retail name for the Bryson 3VD-1 Prototype.

Shafted;n8901088 said:
Yes, Trono is the retail name for the Bryson 3VD-1 Prototype.

Why Trono?

I am a huge fan of the prototype version as it stands. So, I would love to see any additional branding be added to that existing design. Just my .02. Would probably change the Trono script to something that closely resembles that look. Made a tweak to the pic I posted earlier. I like the look of this. Obviously, just my opinion. Everyone has different tastes though.

trono.jpg

radiman;n8901140 said:
I am a huge fan of the prototype version as it stands. So, I would love to see any additional branding be added to that existing design. Just my .02. Would probably change the Trono script to something that closely resembles that look. Made a tweak to the pic I posted earlier. I like the look of this. Obviously, just my opinion. Everyone has different tastes though.

Interesting. I will pass it along and see what others in the company think. Thanks a ton for your input.

Oly

I am definitely a fan of the looks of the shaft in its current form. Don’t think I’d change anything on it as it is...

I will have to think on the name aspect. LAGP Trono is definitely different.

jlew2144;n8901367 said:
I am definitely a fan of the looks of the shaft in its current form. Don’t think I’d change anything on it as it is...

I will have to think on the name aspect. LAGP Trono is definitely different.

Is yours a matte or gloss finish?

jlew2144;n8901383 said:
Gloss, yours?

Matte. I think the gloss makes it pop a bit more, but the matte is still good looking. I also like gloss, so personal preference might have a slight effect here

Out for an early round ahead of NFL kickoff and proceeded to have a PB type of round where just about everything was clicking.

I pulled driver on every par 4 and par 5 and managed to hit 10/14 fairways and continued to be amazed at this particular shaft/head combo that I’ve got.

Whether I step up and baby one, or get up and give it hell, the feeling is the same. Consistency and stability— hit a few drives today in the 300-305 range which is extremely long for me. It flat out continues to impress me.

Think LAGP and Oly have a winner here!!

jlew2144;n8902745 said:
Out for an early round ahead of NFL kickoff and proceeded to have a PB type of round where just about everything was clicking.

I pulled driver on every par 4 and par 5 and managed to hit 10/14 fairways and continued to be amazed at this particular shaft/head combo that I’ve got.

Whether I step up and baby one, or get up and give it hell, the feeling is the same. Consistency and stability— hit a few drives today in the 300-305 range which is extremely long for me. It flat out continues to impress me.

Think LAGP and Oly have a winner here!!

Nice work!

Played with this yesterday, and saw positive and negative thing with this in play. I have no trouble getting this launching, even for a low launch shaft. Without a monitor and by pure guessing, I’d still say I’m launching in the mid teens On solid strikes, I was right around where I’d be with my handcrafted shaft, so that’s a happy yay.

The miss with it though seemed to be left. Not big swooping draws, but more like setting up for a fade and the ball starting left and turning over. If I went and looked at my missed fairways, I’m pretty sure almost all but two were left misses. That was a bit frustrating, but hopefully it’s something I can get figured out with a bit of practice with it.

Current Trono (Bryson Proto) graphics. Feedback please!!!

Thank,
Oly

Trono Graphics.jpg

Shafted;n8904877 said:

Thank,
Oly

Meant to ask this, why the smaller N? I’m sure there’s a story behind it?

Shafted;n8904877 said:

Thank,
Oly

Is the Trono script on the same side as the LAGP script?

In my opinion, I like the gloss better. I also think having LAGP in addition to the LAGP logo is a bit redundant. I will stick with my opinion that the prototype version looks a bit better. Not that this looks bad by any means. Just my preference, take it for what it's worth :)

I’m a fan - shaft artwork looks fantastic

I’m a fan as well. From the pics it looks almost metallic, and that’s a big win for me!!

Shafted;n8904877 said:

Thank,
Oly

I like the look, Oly! I like the red badge the most and would prefer to see that on the same side of the shaft as Trono and not competing with the large LAGP script, which does seem redundant to have on the same side of the shaft anyway. Having the large LAGP that boldly written takes away from the red badge, IMO.

The weight and flex script is rather large as well and could be written smaller and directly beneath the circle 16. What does the circle 16 stand for? Overall I like the matte finish and think it will look fantastic with a ton of the modern heads. I do like the appearance of the graphite weave, but I suppose that would be harder to achieve with a matte finish. Overall very classy!!!

Fun fact: You may be able to see the numbers written under the Trono script. Those are definitely Latitude and Longitude numbers.

H8tobogie;n8905076 said:
I like the look, Oly! I like the red badge the most and would prefer to see that on the same side of the shaft as Trono and not competing with the large LAGP script, which does seem redundant to have on the same side of the shaft anyway. Having the large LAGP that boldly written takes away from the red badge, IMO.

The weight and flex script is rather large as well and could be written smaller and directly beneath the circle 16. What does the circle 16 stand for? Overall I like the matte finish and think it will look fantastic with a ton of the modern heads. I do like the appearance of the graphite weave, but I suppose that would be harder to achieve with a matte finish. Overall very classy!!!

Thanks for the great feedback. The '16' represents the 'hexadecogonal' (16 sided) tooling that the Trono is built on. The Trono does not have the Carbon/Zylon weave, so that is one reason we chose, at least for now to go with a textured matte finish.

Best,
Oly

Shafted;n8905163 said:
Thanks for the great feedback. The '16' represents the 'hexadecogonal' (16 sided) tooling that the Trono is built on. The Trono does not have the Carbon/Zylon weave, so that is one reason we chose, at least for now to go with a textured matte finish.

Best,
Oly

With the bright silver color for the large LAGP script, the matte is the way to go hands down, IMO.

Fun fact: You may be able to see the numbers written under the Trono script. Those are definitely Latitude and Longitude numbers.
Those are the GPS coordinates for the hitting bay at Dallas National Golf Club where Bryson did the first testing with this shaft. It was his idea to put the lat/long numbers on the shaft as a way to commemorate where his shaft was born.

Those are the GPS coordinates for the hitting bay at Dallas National Golf Club where Bryson did the first testing with this shaft. It was his idea to put the lat/long numbers on the shaft as a way to commemorate where his shaft was born.
That's phenomenal!!! Love it!

Haven’t gotten to play golf in two weeks now... between work and life it’s just not happened for me.

I got the chance to hit the range this evening and decided I’d throw my old Smoke in and rotate between the two. Here’s what I noticed for the 10 swings each:
- The Bryson was much more accurate
- With the Smoke the same “swings” created far different results
- There was no laying off the Bryson but had to with the Smoke

Needless to say my Smoke is now in my closet in the spare bag and the Bryson will remain in my F9

Back