LA Golf Bryson Proto Shaft

Haven’t gotten to play golf in two weeks now... between work and life it’s just not happened for me.

I got the chance to hit the range this evening and decided I’d throw my old Smoke in and rotate between the two. Here’s what I noticed for the 10 swings each:
- The Bryson was much more accurate
- With the Smoke the same “swings” created far different results
- There was no laying off the Bryson but had to with the Smoke

Needless to say my Smoke is now in my closet in the spare bag and the Bryson will remain in my F9

Laying off as in, you didn’t have to throttle back on the Bryson and the Smoke, you do? Just trying to read it right.

I have a round on Saturday that is supposed to have nice weather, should be fun to take this out again!

Laying off as in, you didn’t have to throttle back on the Bryson and the Smoke, you do? Just trying to read it right.

I have a round on Saturday that is supposed to have nice weather, should be fun to take this out again!
Yes that’s correct— with the Smoke I have to try to make it as smooth as possible and be extremely mindful of tempo etc. Almost like I’m giving it 75%.

With the prototype it’s completely different, step up and swing as hard as I’d like.

Haven’t gotten to play golf in two weeks now... between work and life it’s just not happened for me.

I got the chance to hit the range this evening and decided I’d throw my old Smoke in and rotate between the two. Here’s what I noticed for the 10 swings each:
- The Bryson was much more accurate
- With the Smoke the same “swings” created far different results
- There was no laying off the Bryson but had to with the Smoke

Needless to say my Smoke is now in my closet in the spare bag and the Bryson will remain in my F9
My experience is similar. I don't feel I can go after the ball as much with the Smoke, which is the 70g 6.5-flex version. The 70-TX Trono shaft is A LOT stiffer. I cannot over-power that shaft. I would probably be better served with the 65g version in that model. This shaft is stout!

Took this out for both a range session and then 18 holes. Ball flight continues to be right around what I see in my custom handcrafted on solid hits. Launch seems to be about the same, maybe slightly higher. I think this shaft is definitely a lower spinning shaft, quite possibly a bit too low for me with the golf ball I’m using. I usually go towards a firmer feeling ball, and I may have to adjust that with this shaft in the bag. I’m seeing the ball get moved around a bit more in the wind than normal, and I can only assume it’s from too little spin. I was warned that may be an issue, but also know that lofting up will just fix one problem and cause another. Ball seems like a potential easier change.

It’s a really strong performing shaft, and one you really can step on if you want. It’ll hold up to whatever you give it without feeling all over the place.

Today was the first round that I’ve had some issues with my driver in quite some time.

Lost my first ball off the tee in 6 rounds today when a gorgeous draw appeared out of nowhere. Unfortunately I play a fade and lined up down the trees... doh. Few other bad swings that produced balls that were further right than normal but not overly penal.

All in all hit 7/14 fairways and continue to be impressed with the Trono.

I’ve been traveling quite a bit the past few weeks and haven’t had the chance to even make it to the range. Finally got out a couple of days ago and the adapter that Golf Galaxy installed on my Trono shaft came off. So I took it back in and got them to reinstall it and they gave it back to me with the logo right side up. I’m not that picky but this particular shop never gets an order right - align grips don’t usually align, etc. - but they did get the grip aligned this time so I’m going to go with it. It’s a good looking shaft, so why not.

23c2852ebc3341ba9218a35a464ca04c.jpg

I hope to get out in the next day or two and compare it to the TPOC proto shaft in my M5.

If anyone has any questions about either shaft, fire away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been traveling quite a bit the past few weeks and haven’t had the chance to even make it to the range. Finally got out a couple of days ago and the adapter that Golf Galaxy installed on my Trono shaft came off. So I took it back in and got them to reinstall it and they gave it back to me with the logo right side up. I’m not that picky but this particular shop never gets an order right - align grips don’t usually align, etc. - but they did get the grip aligned this time so I’m going to go with it. It’s a good looking shaft, so why not.

23c2852ebc3341ba9218a35a464ca04c.jpg

I hope to get out in the next day or two and compare it to the TPOC proto shaft in my M5.

If anyone has any questions about either shaft, fire away!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Good luck!

Oly

I played yesterday and it wasn’t pretty overall. The only thing that wasn’t horrid? My driver with the Trono in it. I hit 8 of 12 fairways and while I did lose a couple balls with the big dog yesterday I know for certain it was the Indian and not the arrow. When I say the round was atrocious I mean it ugh....
Season is winding down for us here in Ohio and I have to say the Trono has been a game changer for me so far.

@Shafted any updates on the graphics choices? Going to be keeping it Raiders silver and black...? :cool:

Well done!!! We are exploring all options with the exception of white/gold/purple or white/green/gold.
What about white, silver and navy blue with a star. Maybe something like this?

download.jpeg

Why when you want to create a winning combination, would they go with something that gets blinded by reality of mediocrity? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
True, yet, somehow they continue to make $$$.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
True, yet, somehow they continue to make $$$.
***Insert joke about lack of recent success here*** But, as a Vikings fan, I have nothing to say. Carry on...

Looking forward to getting this back out in my next round of golf. Last range session with this felt very much point and shoot. Ball just started on my line and held it really nicely. Hoping that carries over onto the course.

Looking forward to getting this back out in my next round of golf. Last range session with this felt very much point and shoot. Ball just started on my line and held it really nicely. Hoping that carries over onto the course.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

If they're like last session, they'll be mostly positive. It's a darn good shaft when she wants to behave. When she gets a little erratic, I know it's from lack of spin on my part. Not much I can really do about that with how I hit it.

love what i read about this shaft, I have the Tensei Orange in my M5 in a Stiff but i may have to try this one.....

Apologies for my lack of updates in here of late, 2 rounds of golf in 5 weeks hasn't instilled much in the way of data or good swings.

Played yesterday and the rust was apparent throughout the bag in the early going. Lost a couple balls right, which is my normal miss, but for the most part the Trono remained a point and shoot product. Hope is to play again this coming weekend, but the forecast is a bit up in the air the last time I looked.

So I’ve started out with this shaft comparing to my Graphite Design Tour AD di 7x.

I will have some thoughts coming on this and the other shaft @Shafted sent me. Looking forward to providing feedback of my own followed up by physical Trackman data on all 3 shafts in the coming weeks.

I’ve played 2-3 rounds with the OLYSS and the results are pretty surprising for my ball flight.

Took this out on Monday for a charity scramble my office was hosting. On the range, she was a beauty. Everything felt so point and click, it was magical. But then the monsoon started, and even with rain gloves, I had no control of the club or any stability on the super saturated ground, to be able to give this the horsepower it needs.

So I took it back out today for a range session to feel better about how bad wet ground makes me hit it. The results were way better. Still seeing a high launching ball flight, but this one seems to fail a bit in the wind in comparison to my previous gamer. I can only think it's due to too little spin. I didn't have my wrench on me, or I would have bumped it up to 10.5 and tried to see if it makes a difference with the additional spin and just deal with the extra launch. It just seemed to really get tossed around in the wind and seemingly fall out of the sky. Into the wind though, the ball flight is actually visually perfect looking. Thus, making me think it's too low spin for me, since the spin addition thanks to a headwind, is likely giving it optimum numbers haha.

I would love to see someone with higher spin than me try this and see if it does indeed bring their spin down like it feels it does for me.

Do you testers have any particular shaft you could compare this to in terms of feel? I know it's subjective, but am really interested in this guy when it comes to retail and am curious how it stacks up against older or existing offerings.

Do you testers have any particular shaft you could compare this to in terms of feel? I know it's subjective, but am really interested in this guy when it comes to retail and am curious how it stacks up against older or existing offerings.

I can’t think of any other word than stable. It just seems to handle whatever speed you throw at it?

The TPOC prototype is so close in feel and performance to the Tensei Pro Orange that I find them almost interchangeable.

The Bryson shaft is just stout and so predictable, but with a slight bit of feel to it with the softer butt section. It is very unique and not like anything I’ve hit before.

Back