LA Golf OLYSS Prototype Shafts

OITW;n8898472 said:
Looking forward to seeing what you got and your thoughts

Basically asked what's something low launching.. Yeah that sounds good, I'll take that.

MWard;n8898490 said:
Basically asked what's something low launching.. Yeah that sounds good, I'll take that.

I don’t get ballooning with this one, but based on feedback and comments made by Oly, I think he has a shaft for you haha

MWard;n8898433 said:
Ugh lucky, I get a delivery tomorrow and now I’m quite curious what’s in the box!

Yea. Lucky is the right thing to say. Never did I think he’d and me one let alone two once he realized I probably wasn’t a great fit for the Olyss. Still going to get both of them with Cally adapters in the coming weeks. The. My plan is to head somewhere with a trackman for a few hours and swap out my gamer....the Olyss....then the PTAD and present the results. That’s the beginning plan at least

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two drives this morning

I don’t think I’ve had two drives this Pure before

One went 262 the other all Carry was 240

Perfect mid trajectory on both center face contact

Just fantastic- the feel of this shaft is just sooooo smooth

H8tobogie;n8898335 said:
A TPAD 70-TX huh?! Oly is busy creating some new protos I see :)

No rest for the wicked. Hey, if there are 20 million golfers (give or take) in the U.S., then there are 20 million unique golf swings. Gotta have shafts for all you "hackers". I have some work to do. Continued good luck to everyone with their prototypes. Keep the feedback coming!

Oly

OITW;n8899111 said:
Two drives this morning

I don’t think I’ve had two drives this Pure before

One went 262 the other all Carry was 240

Perfect mid trajectory on both center face contact

Just fantastic- the feel of this shaft is just sooooo smooth

Well that is fun.

Got a message via PM regarding the EI profile of the TPOC ZW- figured I'd throw it out to everyone in case they were interested:

Capture.PNG

jlew2144;n8900035 said:
Got a message via PM regarding the EI profile of the TPOC ZW- figured I'd throw it out to everyone in case they were interested:

That’s pretty wild, thanks for sharing

MWard has a pretty funny story from today regarding his OLYSS. I’ll let him share but he had me laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PKorf;n8900153 said:
MWard has a pretty funny story from today regarding his OLYSS. I’ll let him share but he had me laughing

I will put it in the appropriate thread when I am not behind the steering wheel!

Hands down the best shaft/head combo in a driver I've ever played.

This morning it was cooler temps, 60s and I played the Callaway Chromesoft Truvis which are 10 yards shorter than the Callaway CSX TT that I've been playing.

These two drives happened, which is absolutely insane. Another green found on the short Par 4 6th hole.

I absolutely demolished the next drive, but it was the smoothest, not hardest, smoothest driver swing I've had all year and this was the result.

I think the best thing about this combo though, I only have a one way miss, I hook left. It's either straight, blocked or the swing miss is left.

When this shaft comes to market, I highly recommend it, especially if you have a smoother tempo.

Attachments

• photo37297.gif
    photo37297.gif
    457.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo37298.gif
    photo37298.gif
    439 KB · Views: 3
OITW;n8905884 said:
Hands down the best shaft/head combo in a driver I've ever played.

This morning it was cooler temps, 60s and I played the Callaway Chromesoft Truvis which are 10 yards shorter than the Callaway CSX TT that I've been playing.

These two drives happened, which is absolutely insane. Another green found on the short Par 4 6th hole.

I absolutely demolished the next drive, but it was the smoothest, not hardest, smoothest driver swing I've had all year and this was the result.

I think the best thing about this combo though, I only have a one way miss, I hook left. It's either straight, blocked or the swing miss is left.

When this shaft comes to market, I highly recommend it, especially if you have a smoother tempo.

Great info! Glad it's such a good fit for you.

Haven’t been able to get over to my local gear shop to get those Callaway adapters for these shafts. Hoping to go Monday or Tuesday next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I continue to hammer this combination of shaft and head.

My Fairway Hit % is 51.1 vs 50.4 with the other shaft combos.

Average dispersion in 17 yards vs 20 yards

Smart Distance is 260 - 280 with the long being 306 compared to other shafts 264 - 278 298 long.

Also the right misses are taken out of play, unless it's a block or I'm aiming right to takeaway the hook miss that I've been playing.

Such an amazing combination. So pumped to continue to play it.

Shout out to the group in here giving great feedback. Not a day goes by that I dont get a message via PM or on Social Media or via email about this shaft and lineup, so thank you for giving me a place to send them to read.

Shout out to the group in here giving great feedback. Not a day goes by that I dont get a message via PM or on Social Media or via email about this shaft and lineup, so thank you for giving me a place to send them to read.
Absolutely agree with 'JB'. All of you guys have been fantastic providing me feedback on everything I could possibly ask for - Shaft performance, cosmetics, branding. I really, really appreciate the honest, educated feedback. Thanks a ton, and keep it coming guys.

Best,
Oly

Latest version of OLYSS artwork. What do you guys think?
View attachment 8908282

Thanks,
Oly

Fantastic, the pin as the L is genius.

Absolutely agree with 'JB'. All of you guys have been fantastic providing me feedback on everything I could possibly ask for - Shaft performance, cosmetics, branding. I really, really appreciate the honest, educated feedback. Thanks a ton, and keep it coming guys.

Best,
Oly

Thank you both for the opportunity. This shaft has truly been a game changer for me.

Oly, thank you answering questions and being available both in the thread and through email.

@Shafted just wanted to let you know I am searching hi and low for Callaway shaft adapters. Was told by a few thpers that I should use he oem ones. If I. Any find them soon, I’ll gladly buy aftermarket online. I wanted to make sure I’m not leaving ya hanging. I’m really excited to get them in play, just haven’t found the adapters and have been on the road 2-3 days a week for the last month.

Excited for my True Spec fitting next weekend - can’t wait to post up the numbers compared to a UST Helium - HZRDUS Smoke and Tensei Blue

Back