Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Precept has released the new Lady iQ+ Golf Balls and they were kind enough to send over some 4 packs for the THP ladies to try. Below are the list of the testers and they should be receiving their golf balls as early as today. This will be the thread where they will share their thoughts and answer any question you might have.

The Testers:
KellyBo
MaryC
Mrs. Golf4life
ahh2fly
nerfny
Flashy

i-4Bcjqr3-L.jpg

Sweet! Its great to see the ladies here get some testing time in. Looking forward to the reviews.

Sweet! Its great to see the ladies here get some testing time in. Looking forward to the reviews.

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing what you girls think of these golf balls!

Roll them :precept: pearls girls :thumb:

so seeing that this is a family oriented site and everything, would i be out of line if i said to one of the lady testers that i think she has nice pearls?

so seeing that this is a family oriented site and everything, would i be out of line if i said to one of the lady testers that i think she has nice pearls?

now that is some funny stuff. Heck,,,, I am going to ask KellyBo if I can borrow one of her pearls, for a whack or two :golf2:!

Thanks GG! I can't wait to get these in the mail. I used to play the pink Precept iQ until I started playing the Bridgestone balls I play now. So I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new ones play and compare to my other Bridgestone balls.

And if any of you guys want to borrow my pearls, feel free. I find they go especially well with my taupe shoes and my broad print garden dress....

Very cool to see the ladies testing!!

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing what you girls think of these golf balls!

Absolutely. P4B hits like a girl, can he test some? Oops...wrong thread.

Just got home from work to find a package from THP headquarters waiting for me!

I was going to practice at the short game area of my club so I'll be taking these with me to see how they feel off my wedges & my putter
a68988de-211a-a032.jpg

a68988de-213e-aee7.jpg

Wow, I can't believe you got them so quickly! I expected Kelly to get her's but I thought everyone else would get theirs in another day or so.

Look what I had waiting for me when I got home

102_2945.jpg

102_2946.jpg

Here are some side by sides with last years lady iq plus. The new versions are on top.

102_2947-1.jpg

The newer versions have a shimmer compared to last years. Hopefully I will be able to get out and play with these tomorrow.

102_2950.jpg

102_2952.jpg

102_2953.jpg

Good pics Nerfny

those look pretty cool IMO, excited to hear how you ladies like them

Great pics! I can't believe you got them this quickly either. I really expected you to get them tomorrow or even Saturday. I am thrilled it arrived so soon.

It is awesome to see the "BETTER HALF's" of THP getting their TESTING on!! This site ROCKS! :rockon:

Great pics ladies, I look forward to your reviews, I have enjoyed the write ups of several of you already and know y'all will do a jam up job.

Great pics! I can't believe you got them this quickly either. I really expected you to get them tomorrow or even Saturday. I am thrilled it arrived so soon.

I'm glad they came early, I can't wait to get out of work tomorrow and play!! That and get my second wedding dress fitting. Sorry boys had to throw that one in there.

I got my four pack of LADY iQ+ balls in today. I really appreciate being given the opportunity to test these balls.

Here's a couple white Srixon Q-Stars below the Precept balls for comparison.

The following information is from Precept's website:

http://www.preceptgolf.com/en/product/ladyiqplus.aspx

• The SOFTEST Lady's ball on the market
  • New Larger core for more distance
  • Softer cover for added feel and control
  • New Pearl finish for fashionable performance
  • Developed for longer distance at lower swing speeds
  • Increased climb keeps ball in the air longer for added carry and distance
  • Seamless Cover Technology™ for a consistent ball flight
  • Available in Clear, Pink, White

Target Player: Women seeking the best performance ball to enhance their game

First impressions:

I haven't played a ladies ball in quite a while and will be the first to admit that I am becoming very picky about the balls that I play. This is a result of my first ever live ball fitting that showed me what a difference a ball can make to your game. In that fitting, I found out that of all the balls that company makes, the lady ball was shorter for me off the tee than the others (16 yards less than the one I was fitted to). I don't think I've played a lady ball since.

With that being said, I am VERY interested in trying this Precept ball to see how it plays compared to other balls I have been playing. I think the ball I was fitted to before was about a 70 compression ball and I think these are in the low/mid 40's range from what I can find online about them.

I've never liked playing pink balls because I found them to be harder to spot than other colors. I don't think I've tried a HOT pink one like this before though. It might be totally different since it's so bright. I'm not sure about the white pearl color just yet. If I had to choose today, I would probably pick the plain white one.

I worked at our golf course today and had a little time to go out to our #9 green and pitch, chip and putt a little with these. These balls do feel really soft to me and I enjoyed hitting them a lot. I took a video clip of the ball landing from 30/40 yards out that I'll try to put up later.

Putts: Very soft feel - really enjoyed putting with these

Chips: Again, very soft feel that seemed easy to control on these shots

Pitches: These balls were easy to get up high and land softly from 30/40 yards out. They had a little more roll than I expected but I just learned to play the shot for a roll out.

Full SW shots: I backed up to about 70 yards and hit nice high shots with these balls. I really liked how soft they felt off the club and the high trajectory. Once they hit the green, they still rolled out about 10' but it's hard to get a true test of the stopping power of these balls on our greens as they are firmer than a lot that I play.

I didn't have the time to get on the course today. I will try to get out and hit these with my driver and irons tomorrow and offer more feedback for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never liked playing pink balls because I found them to be harder to spot than other colors. I don't think I've tried a HOT pink one like this before though. It might be totally different since it's so bright. I'm not sure about the white pearl color just yet. If I had to choose today, I would probably pick the plain white one.

I don't know if it is just me but I actually have an easier time spotting the pink balls. I think they just stand out, especially when the leaves start to fall. The reflection off of white balls and leaves tend to look very similar to me.

Enjoyed all the pics and Kelly's initial testing thoughts. I like the Pearl White more than the Pearl Clear (from the pics). This year's pink ball looks better, imo.

good pics nerfny.... personally i like the pink

I don't know if it is just me but I actually have an easier time spotting the pink balls. I think they just stand out, especially when the leaves start to fall. The reflection off of white balls and leaves tend to look very similar to me.

I am with you, I find the pink golf balls easier than any other color to find.

Back