Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

My wife plays the older version and I do love how bright the pink is. On the down side... Your leaves are already changing? That just sucks!

Couldn't agree more. :angry:

I have always liked the softer feel of the golf ball… For a while now I have been playing the Pinnacle Ribbons, not until one day when I found I had another Callaway Pearl left and played a few rounds did I realize the difference a ball can make in ones game. I decided to switch back to my Callaway Pearl until I realized that, sadly, it has been discontinued. I was back at square one, reading what limited information there was online regarding ladies balls I was starting to get frustrated. I had read this thread and started to ponder the Precept IQ+. The hubby (flooder) went to a Bridgestone fitting and brought me back The FIXX and the Precept iq plus. We went out and played a few rounds and on the tee, both went the same distance but the Precept had a much better trajectory and sound off the driver. The problem came on on the fairways with my woods. I would lay them side by side, not knowing which ball was which, and EVERY time, I could not get the Precept in the air and the The Fixx would be the better ball. I was perplexed because almost every review on here from the ladies was a raving one about the Precept. SO I started investigating and realized that the ball the hubby got at the fitting was last year’s Precept (Precept IQ PLUS not the Precept IQ+). .. I couldn’t figure out why my ball was just white, no pretty color, finish etc.. then I made the discovery. Maybe the balls from the fitting were old or they could be that different…who knows

Fast forward to today….I decided to bite the bullet and go buy a box of the Precept IQ+ going solely on the reviews here and not on my experience with the other Precept and boy and I glad I did.. I found my new ball! Thanks Ladies! That ball feels amazing off the tee, nice and high. I have haven’t hit my irons better, the ball just springs off the club face. The soft cover feels fantastic chipping and putting too!

Glad you like the ball as much as we do! I played in a tournament the other day and one of the girls in my group had the same exact ball that I did (white iQ+). I didn't expect that. She said she loves this ball. I guess the word is getting out.

Great reviews ladies, you all are doing a really good job. Love the stats Mary, I might have to start using that app for stats as well.

The next two weeks are going to be crazy. I am going to try and post when I can. Tonight we have our final meeting for the wedding, tomorrow is my last night of my golf league(which looks like it may get rained out), thursday I am going to a concert and next week watch out full on bride mode is going to take over. Now to the precepts.

Last night ddec and I were putting in the living room and watching star wars. Okay boys you can all give Dean's 13 year old self a high five.

I had four precepts I was putting with two of last years and two of this years. He pointed out that the softer feel may have to do with the more muted sound of this years version. It just sounds softer off the face which may add to us feeling that it is a softer ball. Last night he putted all 4 with out looking me just placing the ball in front of his putter. He was able to tell the difference not based on feel as much as sound. Just thought I would share some of our discussion last night.

The next two weeks are going to be crazy. I am going to try and post when I can. Tonight we have our final meeting for the wedding, tomorrow is my last night of my golf league(which looks like it may get rained out), thursday I am going to a concert and next week watch out full on bride mode is going to take over. Now to the precepts.

Last night ddec and I were putting in the living room and watching star wars. Okay boys you can all give Dean's 13 year old self a high five.

I had four precepts I was putting with two of last years and two of this years. He pointed out that the softer feel may have to do with the more muted sound of this years version. It just sounds softer off the face which may add to us feeling that it is a softer ball. Last night he putted all 4 with out looking me just placing the ball in front of his putter. He was able to tell the difference not based on feel as much as sound. Just thought I would share some of our discussion last night.

I could tell the difference between the balls based on the sound. This years ball seemed more muted to me. I had my eyes closed, had nerfny set the ball in front of the putter and tell me when I was good to go. I even made the first putt haha

OG and I went on an out of town trip with another couple today. I have been bragging about the iQ+ balls to the lady and offered to let her play one during our round. She was playing a Pro V1 ball and said she would like to try it later in the round. She hit a decent shot from about 100 yards out but I really thought she could hit the iQ+ much better so I threw one down by her and asked her to hit it for comparison. She hit it so well that her eyes lit up and she got excited and said "WOW". I gave her the ball which she played for the rest of the round. She kept going on and on about how much she loved this ball.

On our way back, she asked her husband to stop by Edwin Watts so she could buy a dozen Precept iQ+. Unfortunately all they had were last year's balls so I gave her a sleeve of mine for now. She is playing in a tournament with me tomorrow and insisted that she have this ball.

I am curious as to her comments after she gamed the iQ+ in the tournament KB, did you get any feedback from her? I just caught up on the last three pages of this thread and you ladies are all rocking it with your posts and it is good to see Little B joining in on the thread after her decision to try these balls. Keep up the good work everyone, every review has been interesting and fact fill.

I could tell the difference between the balls based on the sound. This years ball seemed more muted to me. I had my eyes closed, had nerfny set the ball in front of the putter and tell me when I was good to go. I even made the first putt haha

And to your credit the putts you missed weren't by much even with your eyes closed.

I love all the stats you provided Mary! Great job ladies. Hopefully OG hasn't got into Kellybo's stash but if he did I wouldn't blame him. I still remember playing a round with the IQ I found and just loving the feel off the irons too.

Nerfny is going ot have all of NY converted to the IQ+ soon.

I love all the stats you provided Mary! Great job ladies. Hopefully OG hasn't got into Kellybo's stash but if he did I wouldn't blame him. I still remember playing a round with the IQ I found and just loving the feel off the irons too.

Nerfny is going ot have all of NY converted to the IQ+ soon.

You know it!

I am curious as to her comments after she gamed the iQ+ in the tournament KB, did you get any feedback from her? I just caught up on the last three pages of this thread and you ladies are all rocking it with your posts and it is good to see Little B joining in on the thread after her decision to try these balls. Keep up the good work everyone, every review has been interesting and fact fill.

She has converted to this ball. Loves it!

I was really looking forward to getting out and playing today but it looks like we may get to much rain. The ground here is already saturated so there is no place for the water to go. Looks like putting in the living room instead of golf league tonight. If the course is open I will go play. A little rain never hurt anyone.

Lol @ ddec channeling his inner 13 year old. But hey, who doesn't love Star Wars.

Nice write ups ladies. Seems like there are some nice pros and cons between this years ball and last years.

Question: which model are you finding overall to be the best for your game?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

So, I finally got out on the course with these balls with Mr. golf4life. They do certainly have a great sound like the other ladies have said! I tested it next to the Callaway Solaire ball (which I like) and could deff. hear and feel the difference. The Solaire had more of a "woody" feel/sound, while the precept was softer, dare I say, "cushiony". On a good drive (which was not often for me) I could almost feel the compression and push of the ball. I feel that if my swing was more consistent I could comment on the difference in distance, but it's not, so i won't. ;)

I did see a difference in flight on the fairway with my irons. A good clean smack of my 6 iron gave me about 10 more yards than other balls I was using. I'll take it! I really liked the pink ball too because it was much easier for me to follow in the air. Pretty easy to spot on the ground too, but it's not a magic ball. Sometimes your ball is so hidden that nothing short of a homing device will help you find it! Still, we could spot the pink a little quicker most times.

As for chipping and putting, again, great sound! I really like the less "clicky" sound off of the putter. I also really enjoy the gelatinous look of that clear ball when it rolls. It's like a little blob! I call it my "jelly-ball". :) This may sound silly, but as a beginner golfer getting frustrated with her game, it's nice to have little snippets of joy however they come! Also, I had a couple of good chips with my jelly-ball!!

Lastly, I hit a couple out of the sand and I am not sure how I feel about it. The ball feels so soft, that I wasn't even sure I hit it with all that sand! However, I looked up and my ball was on the edge of the green. So, in this case the softer feel was a little strange, but it worked!

I would like to get out again to test some more side by side and maybe throw some more in the sand (as if I don't end up there on my own!). Preferably I would like to do this with a better driver (Callaway Solaire with pink re-grip, Mr. golf4life), this may help give me a better opinion on distance. My clubs certainly didn't help.

I love your descriptions. For some reason I'm now hungry!:eat:

Great reviews ladies! Your reviews swayed me into getting a box of these for my girlfriend to try. She just started playing this year, so she's just getting to know the game. To be honest I don't think a ball will do make much difference yet, but she was able to notice right away how soft these felt to her. She also hit a few really nice drives with this ball, it may be that she's just improving but either way she likes this ball!

Lol @ ddec channeling his inner 13 year old. But hey, who doesn't love Star Wars.

Nice write ups ladies. Seems like there are some nice pros and cons between this years ball and last years.

Question: which model are you finding overall to be the best for your game?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I think for me this years balls pros out weigh the one con so far. I think I will just have to play the white ball with fall approaching. I never thought I would see the day I was sad I couldn't play a pink ball.

Great reviews ladies! Your reviews swayed me into getting a box of these for my girlfriend to try. She just started playing this year, so she's just getting to know the game. To be honest I don't think a ball will do make much difference yet, but she was able to notice right away how soft these felt to her. She also hit a few really nice drives with this ball, it may be that she's just improving but either way she likes this ball!

It is amazing what having a golf ball you like can do for your confidence when you are first learning. Glad she liked it and hit some good shots.

which color did you go with? White, Pink, or Clear? Just wondering since it's offered in 3 different colors which one sells the best

which color did you go with? White, Pink, or Clear? Just wondering since it's offered in 3 different colors which one sells the best

Pink, personally I liked the clear one!

Pink, personally I liked the clear one!

All 3 look good with the shimmer this year. I wasn't a huge fan at first but it's growing on me.

Mary,

It sounds like the IQ is the ball for you overall. I love the stats you provided, that was a lot of work, but very informative. Looks like some other balls were better for parts of your game, but when you look at scoring, which is the real result we are looking for, the IQ edges out the others.

Speaking of colors. I played with several ladies lately and they all keep complaining that they can't follow my pink ball in the air as well as the other colors. I also think that our GA red clay makes it hard to find the pink ball sometimes. I do like the pink ball when approaching a bunch of other white balls though. It's bright and pretty sitting there amongst the white balls when it's in the fairway. I like knowing which one is mine!

For the state tournament I recently played in, I chose the white ball. In fact, I don't remember seeing a pink ball at the tournament. The other lady playing the Precept in the tournament chose white too. I actually have all three colors and have grown kind of fond of the pink mainly because I like having something different than the other players so I can quickly identify my ball. Funny that I felt weird playing a pink ball in the tournament though. I think I'll play the pink in the next tournament and wear a pink shirt and hat to match. :D

Speaking of colors. I played with several ladies lately and they all keep complaining that they can't follow my pink ball in the air as well as the other colors. I also think that our GA red clay makes it hard to find the pink ball sometimes. I do like the pink ball when approaching a bunch of other white balls though. It's bright and pretty sitting there amongst the white balls when it's in the fairway. I like knowing which one is mine!

For the state tournament I recently played in, I chose the white ball. In fact, I don't remember seeing a pink ball at the tournament. The other lady playing the Precept in the tournament chose white too. I actually have all three colors and have grown kind of fond of the pink mainly because I like having something different than the other players so I can quickly identify my ball. Funny that I felt weird playing a pink ball in the tournament though. I think I'll play the pink in the next tournament and wear a pink shirt and hat to match. :D

Look at KellyBo going all girly on us!! Haha j/k. It's actually kinda funny when I am wearing my pink golf shirt I want to play my pink ball.

Mary,

It sounds like the IQ is the ball for you overall. I love the stats you provided, that was a lot of work, but very informative. Looks like some other balls were better for parts of your game, but when you look at scoring, which is the real result we are looking for, the IQ edges out the others.

Thanks! I'm an engineer so all those numbers and stats are fun for me! (sick, I know...)

Basically the Precept iQ+ the ball I'm playing because of the scoring. However, I've now gotten in two more rounds with just the e5 on longer courses since I posted the "stat post" and for the courses that I need to get the distance off the tee to get to green in reg, my scoring with the e5 is definitely the ball. I've had a 95 and 94 with the e5 and the GIR has been in the 60% with the e5 in play.

So, like my post said, which ball I play will depend on distance for me. I play with guys most of the time, and if I'm playing "head to head" with one of them, we try to split the difference between the forward and tips. In those cases the 10+ yds I'm getting with e5 are the difference between bogey and double.

Look at KellyBo going all girly on us!! Haha j/k. It's actually kinda funny when I am wearing my pink golf shirt I want to play my pink ball.

Kelly, I've got some shimmery pink fingernail polish for you I'll bring down next week to put on your nails when we tee it up on Sunday AM (hopefully). It matches the shimmer of the Precept iQ, seriously. Actual experience. Noticed it two weeks ago when I was picking the pink ball out of the cup after draining a 27' putt to take the hole in a skins game with my bros/dad and realized it matched my fingernails. My baby bro said, "OK, Paula...nice putt. Now let's go before you own my house".

Back