Nippon Shafts

NVGOLFER80

Only the Strong.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am very curious about this company. They seemed to be making a stronger and stronger presence but over the past say 15 months they seem to have almost vanished. I know Bryson is still using them, Fowler did for a bit. Not sure if he still has any product in play..

Their website has been "under construction" for months. I know the pandemic and covid and shutdowns have most likely been a large contributor to much of that. But It seems as though ever since Oldenburg left for ping they have been in disarray.

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I don't know much about the company. I was recently fitted for a set of their iron shafts. Unfortunately getting information about those shafts is nearly impossible. I finally gave up on their website. And actually finding them to buy is very limited and, of course, crazy expensive. Outside of loving the shafts, none of that is exciting to me.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am very curious about this company. They seemed to be making a stronger and stronger presence but over the past say 15 months they seem to have almost vanished. I know Bryson is still using them, Fowler did for a bit. Not sure if he still has any product in play..

Their website has been "under construction" for months. I know the pandemic and covid and shutdowns have most likely been a large contributor to much of that. But It seems as though ever since Oldenburg left for ping they have been in disarray.
I’m going to bite my tongue a bit, but I can say they are still in play. They are available at many Club Champions and I believe are a shaft upgrade option for Callaway in the current line.

Their marketing is largely what has completely vanished and I am not even sure if they have a marketing team or person currently.

NVGOLFER80

Only the Strong.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m going to bite my tongue a bit, but I can say they are still in play. They are available at many Club Champions and I believe are a shaft upgrade option for Callaway in the current line.

Their marketing is largely what has completely vanished and I am not even sure if they have a marketing team or person currently.

haha.. I am guessing you know what is going on. I can appreciate that. I did try the Trono as part of the callaway line. It is a good shaft. I would love to try more of their stuff but it seems they are just not available.

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Ask a question, get an answer. Nice to have some insider knowledge.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I didn’t have experience with the Oly shaft, but that Trono one was a monster

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I believe are a shaft upgrade option for Callaway in the current line.
Trono in driver and fairways only I think.

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10

mjkladis

"CLETUS"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My Olyss is a 💣💣💣💣launcher
I still have my OLYSS proto and it’s probably going to stick with me for a very long time if it performs even slightly optimal. It feels amazing.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in