Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I am very curious about this company. They seemed to be making a stronger and stronger presence but over the past say 15 months they seem to have almost vanished. I know Bryson is still using them, Fowler did for a bit. Not sure if he still has any product in play..

Their website has been "under construction" for months. I know the pandemic and covid and shutdowns have most likely been a large contributor to much of that. But It seems as though ever since Oldenburg left for ping they have been in disarray.

I don't know much about the company. I was recently fitted for a set of their iron shafts. Unfortunately getting information about those shafts is nearly impossible. I finally gave up on their website. And actually finding them to buy is very limited and, of course, crazy expensive. Outside of loving the shafts, none of that is exciting to me.

I am very curious about this company. They seemed to be making a stronger and stronger presence but over the past say 15 months they seem to have almost vanished. I know Bryson is still using them, Fowler did for a bit. Not sure if he still has any product in play..

Their website has been "under construction" for months. I know the pandemic and covid and shutdowns have most likely been a large contributor to much of that. But It seems as though ever since Oldenburg left for ping they have been in disarray.

I’m going to bite my tongue a bit, but I can say they are still in play. They are available at many Club Champions and I believe are a shaft upgrade option for Callaway in the current line.

Their marketing is largely what has completely vanished and I am not even sure if they have a marketing team or person currently.

I’m going to bite my tongue a bit, but I can say they are still in play. They are available at many Club Champions and I believe are a shaft upgrade option for Callaway in the current line.

Their marketing is largely what has completely vanished and I am not even sure if they have a marketing team or person currently.

haha.. I am guessing you know what is going on. I can appreciate that. I did try the Trono as part of the callaway line. It is a good shaft. I would love to try more of their stuff but it seems they are just not available.

Ask a question, get an answer. Nice to have some insider knowledge.

I didn’t have experience with the Oly shaft, but that Trono one was a monster

My Olyss is a 💣💣💣💣launcher

I still have my OLYSS proto and it’s probably going to stick with me for a very long time if it performs even slightly optimal. It feels amazing.

For those of you that have golf digest randomly showing up to you house without ever signing up for a subscription. Check out the article in it titled “who the —— is LAGOLF.”

It’s kinda comical.. it mentions a “leak” about them purchasing SIk. I find it funny. Because I instantly was like “hey!! I saw that leak” hahaha..

• On Fire
Reactions: JB
Actually a pretty interesting article and LaGOLF has always been a bit of an enigma to me. Just never (still don’t really) understand what their deal is.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 3
I’d love to have their new putter. Just don’t have $1500 to spend.

I’d love to have their new putter. Just don’t have $1500 to spend.

Interesting you mention that. Some of the pictures make it really unappealing to me. The head looks huge and look at the hosel! It’s huge!!image.jpg

image.jpg

Interesting you mention that. Some of the pictures make it really unappealing to me. The head looks huge and look at the hosel! It’s huge!!View attachment 9070327
Every time I see that picture of it I keep hoping it's a rough prototype, and that the real thing they're asking $1500 for looks a lot better than that.

More power to them, I guess, if they can find enough people willing to pay that kind of money for it. <shrug>

High tech, well designed, oversized and a fraction of the price

Macgregor made a way oversized blade once. Won the masters even haha.

I love the Trono shaft in my LTDx driver. I have been told that that shaft is no longer in production. The website does seem to be up and running. There seem to be quite a few new offerings.

I love the Trono shaft in my LTDx driver. I have been told that that shaft is no longer in production. The website does seem to be up and running. There seem to be quite a few new offerings.

I think they are trying to rebrand a bit. So far unsuccessfully I think.

I think they are trying to rebrand a bit. So far unsuccessfully I think.
Plus, the Trono was designed by someone that is no longer there, so probably want to move on to some internal designs.
Their early stuff was designed by Tom, who was from Matrix and those carried over. Their next designs were from Oly, who left and is with Ping.

Plus, the Trono was designed by someone that is no longer there, so probably want to move on to some internal designs.
Their early stuff was designed by Tom, who was from Matrix and those carried over. Their next designs were from Oly, who left and is with Ping.
It sounds like if somebody likes the Trono, he’d better find one quickly.

Well the original post talked about they have felt like they’ve dropped marketing and zeitgeist.

Here’s the newest commercial! Looks like they’re back?

Back