I hit it once with my coach, really made me slow down. He said he liked to use that with a player using really stiff shafts to enhance the feeling of loading the shaft. When I asked if he thought should buy one he said no.

I have the 7 iron and love it. Really helps me with my tempo. Use it first thing at the range when warming up. Definitely give it a go.

I have the driver, 7-iron and wedge. They're actually great, encourage a smooth takeaway/transition/swing. And they also help to flatten out the swing some in encouraging a slight bowing of the wrist.

My problem is that I'm notorious for NOT practicing, therefore training aids will collect dust rather than be given an honest effort's worth of work with them. But in my defense, I'd been injured for 2 months and unable to swing. Now I can so I really should incorporate some work with the Lagshot clubs.

I will swing them fairly often but I've really only hit a couple handful of balls with them. It really doesn't take long at all to intuitively swing as necessary to make solid contact. They feel great at impact, btw.

So looks like I may get one of these for Christmas. Dad thinks this is a better/cheaper idea than lessons. Curious to see how it works. I have no experience with any “swing trainer”. As poor as my swing is now, I don’t think much could hurt!

I have the driver, 7-iron and wedge. They're actually great, encourage a smooth takeaway/transition/swing. And they also help to flatten out the swing some in encouraging a slight bowing of the wrist.

My problem is that I'm notorious for NOT practicing, therefore training aids will collect dust rather than be given an honest effort's worth of work with them. But in my defense, I'd been injured for 2 months and unable to swing. Now I can so I really should incorporate some work with the Lagshot clubs.

I will swing them fairly often but I've really only hit a couple handful of balls with them. It really doesn't take long at all to intuitively swing as necessary to make solid contact. They feel great at impact, btw.

I have the "Whippy Tempo Master" clubs (PW, 7i and Driver) from many years ago. I assume they're the same concept as the lagshot clubs?

I have the 7 iron I think it's helpful for more beginner level players or folks with specific tempo problems. I have an aggressive tempo and square it up quite well but the lag shot makes me have to adapt my tempo to use it so it's not so great for me anymore.

I use one, but mainly just to warm up like an orange whip. I will hit with them every now in then if I feel like I am leaving the club face open since it is designed to keep the toe open. But, I mainly like the weight as a warm up club.

I bought the 7-iron, then unbeknownst to me, my wife purchased the set (Driver, 7-iron, wedge). I have yet to use any of them but will be starting to now that the weather is starting to warm up more consistently and I'll be playing more regularly.

I didn’t like my release, so thought it might be worth a shot and bought the 7 iron. I really liked the video where it says the pivot move creates the lag (hadn’t thought of it before). Immediately shot my personal best on my course, then shot my personal best on any course the next round. Came back to earth a little in the last round, but really like the idea of driving the swing with the pivot. The club helps me a little with that.

I didn’t like my release, so thought it might be worth a shot and bought the 7 iron. I really liked the video where it says the pivot move creates the lag (hadn’t thought of it before). Immediately shot my personal best on my course, then shot my personal best on any course the next round. Came back to earth a little in the last round, but really like the idea of driving the swing with the pivot. The club helps me a little with that.
Which video are you referring to?

You get a link to a set of 10 videos when you buy the club. If you want to know which of the 10, I can go look for it

I have the "Whippy Tempo Master" clubs (PW, 7i and Driver) from many years ago. I assume they're the same concept as the lagshot clubs?

Whoops… missed this from over 2 years ago!

Yes, I had the Whippies, too. Those are much harder to hit with their thinner and way more flexible shafts. Great training aids but I think the learning curve and just how vastly different they are from regular clubs, maybe hinders one from grooving that smoother swing compared to the LagShot clubs.

The Lagshots are also made to be a bit heavier than standard clubs, a good bit heavier than the TempoMasters. I find that that more instinctively helps to groove them, also.

Whoops… missed this from over 2 years ago!

Yes, I had the Whippies, too. Those are much harder to hit with their thinner and way more flexible shafts. Great training aids but I think the learning curve and just how vastly different they are from regular clubs, maybe hinders one from grooving that smoother swing compared to the LagShot clubs.

The Lagshots are also made to be a bit heavier than standard clubs, a good bit heavier than the TempoMasters. I find that that more instinctively helps to groove them, also.
Did u get consistent use out of the lag shot and how much of an impact did it have on improving your game

Did u get consistent use out of the lag shot and how much of an impact did it have on improving your game
I used them during a particularly bad downturn to my game following a long layoff due to injury. My swing got longer, arms breaking down, and in my desperation to find my way back, I also got very quick.

The Lagshot clubs absolutely helped me to slow down and smooth things out. While I won't overswing while swinging them, a more compact swing hasn't yet translated to the course. They're not magic wands, that's for sure. They haven't cured all of my swing's ills. But I really believe that they played a large part in helping me to slow my swing down and just "swing, not hit."

I haven't had dedicated practice sessions with them in a while. But every time before I hit balls into the net, my first 6 or 7 swings are with the Lagshot 7-iron or wedge. I find that they give a fantastic reminder of proper pace, tempo, and to swing all golf clubs with far less effort than what my instincts might dictate if left to my own devices.

Interesti
I used them during a particularly bad downturn to my game following a long layoff due to injury. My swing got longer, arms breaking down, and in my desperation to find my way back, I also got very quick.

The Lagshot clubs absolutely helped me to slow down and smooth things out. While I won't overswing while swinging them, a more compact swing hasn't yet translated to the course. They're not magic wands, that's for sure. They haven't cured all of my swing's ills. But I really believe that they played a large part in helping me to slow my swing down and just "swing, not hit."

I haven't had dedicated practice sessions with them in a while. But every time before I hit balls into the net, my first 6 or 7 swings are with the Lagshot 7-iron or wedge. I find that they give a fantastic reminder of proper pace, tempo, and to swing all golf clubs with far less effort than what my instincts might dictate if left to my own devices.
interesting i feel like theyve really improved my shots and im swinging them as hard as i can lol. Different strokes i guess. Wanted to recommend to some friends but was curious about other peoples experiences

Interesti

interesting i feel like theyve really improved my shots and im swinging them as hard as i can lol. Different strokes i guess. Wanted to recommend to some friends but was curious about other peoples experiences
I think it's about what someone needs to address. For me, I needed to slow things down. For others wanting to speed things up yet benefit from the feels that Lagshot provides, I can absolutely see it working very well.

To be clear, "slowing down" really only equates to the takeaway and transition for me. My pass through the ball with the Lagshot feels like it's full speed.

I think it's about what someone needs to address. For me, I needed to slow things down. For others wanting to speed things up yet benefit from the feels that Lagshot provides, I can absolutely see it working very well.

To be clear, "slowing down" really only equates to the takeaway and transition for me. My pass through the ball with the Lagshot feels like it's full speed.
Gotcha!

Back