Lake Tahoe Open III - Nor Cal Outing

What an awesome day. Coyote moon kinda ate my lunch.. I think I was pretty gassed and lost my swing too. Of the three courses played, I think it is the most interesting the one one I want to go play again soon to redeem myself.

wont be playing tomorrow, but it was a great day!

Some pics from yesterday at Old Greenwood:

The shot that SlightDraw stuck close for an eagle.
LTO_01.jpg

Some random course pics, beautiful place, and a really fun layout.
LTO_02.jpgLTO_03.jpgLTO_04.jpg

What an awesome day. Coyote moon kinda ate my lunch.. I think I was pretty gassed and lost my swing too. Of the three courses played, I think it is the most interesting the one one I want to go play again soon to redeem myself.

wont be playing tomorrow, but it was a great day!

Awesome playing with ya. Will be heading your way to try some Reno golf sometime soon.

Some pics from Coyote Moon:

LTO_05.jpgLTO_06.jpg

Some locals that just weren't going anywhere. SlightDraw smacked a tree and his ball came right back into that thick stuff where they are standing, we tried to gently get them to move enough that we could find his ball, but they wouldn't budge.

LTO_07.jpg

I don't know man I hit a tree off that tee box and it came down right in between them. I tried walking over and they almost charged me. I dropped just ahead of them haha

Yeah, I said "almost" haha.

Results and pics to follow but #spoileralert

@tmarin802 is your Lake Tahoe Open 2020 Champion. He played great golf all three rounds.

Schanker came away with the most pts today (14) but it wasnt enough as Travis had a sizeable lead on the remaining players after the first two rounds.

IMG_20200823_143508.jpg

Last edited:
That’s awesome guys. Hopefully next year is a weekend that I can make work. I want to be in this.

Atta boy, Travis! That’s my guy right there!

Congrats guys for getting the weekend of golf in! Congrats @tmarin802 for hosting up the trophy. You get to borrow it for a year while we get the world's problems solved for my safe return in 2021. :p

Was gutted all weekend long and had second thoughts every minute of the days for not making the track. I've told @SlightDraw this over and over that I live for this trip every year. I'll get over it but glad you "local" guys strapped up the boots and got it done. High regard for you all. Congrats again to you all for keeping the tradition alive for this crazy f'ing year. #FUK2020

Big shout out to @SlightDraw for holding this event down even with all the chaos happening around it. Huge effort on your part! Glad to be a part of this tournament and group. I couldn’t have asked to be partnered with such great guys and players.

@Nate thanks man and haha I like this trophy so I’m going to try to hold onto this as long as I can

Again, thanks for having me be a part of this and already itching for 2021! The sticks can definitely use a break though...lots of golf was played and I’m feeling it in my body

What a great weekend! @SlightDraw is definitely THE MAN for sticking with it and getting the Lake Tahoe Open III in the books. It was a very limited and exclusive field this year, what a great bunch of guys! Here are a few random course photos from today, course conditions were excellent, and air quality was way better than expected.

Edgewood_01.jpgEdgewood_02.jpgEdgewood_03.jpgEdgewood_04.jpgEdgewood_05.jpg

Ok just like @OldandStiff I see no OLD DUDE there! All you do is make the real old dudes just feel older!:confused:
Great pictures tho!

Last edited:
That looked like a really great weekend. Adam has such a big heart and does an unbelievable job putting this on each year. I really wanted to be a part of it and had planned on it until the whole COVID ordeal had my local club change the dates of the club championship to this weekend. If Adam is kind enough to do this again next year, I am planning to attend, even if it means skipping what's going on locally.

@SlightDraw Thank You Adam for a great weekend! I know it didn’t turn out as you envisioned it, but thanks for making it still happen. It was a much needed weekend away for me. You are a great host and a really appreciate you letting me stay at your cabin. Hope you can continue this next year I know it’s a lot of work for you and feel free to reach out if you need a co-planner. I know my name wouldn’t get mixed up on the tee sheet 😂.

@tmarin802 congrats on your win! it was fun playing with you today and watching stripe shots over and over again, well expect for driver for that 4-5 holes. Hopefully we get to tee it up again next month

@OldeDude it was good to see you again. Definitely saw improvement in your game this year. Glad you were able to join us today. I think your going to like that new putter.

@NVGOLFER80 it was fun watching you mash the ball. You’ll definitely give Nate a challenger fo LD next year. I have no doubt you’ll be breaking 76 soon. Congrats on winning both CTPs. Watching you almost hole that first one was fun.

To all the others that had to drop out, we missed you. The circumstances sucked this year but hopefully you’ll be back and 2021 will be bigger and better than ever.

@SlightDraw Thank You Adam for a great weekend! I know it didn’t turn out as you envisioned it, but thanks for making it still happen. It was a much needed weekend away for me. You are a great host and a really appreciate you letting me stay at your cabin. Hope you can continue this next year I know it’s a lot of work for you and feel free to reach out if you need a co-planner. I know my name wouldn’t get mixed up on the tee sheet 😂.

@tmarin802 congrats on your win! it was fun playing with you today and watching stripe shots over and over again, well expect for driver for that 4-5 holes. Hopefully we get to tee it up again next month

@OldeDude it was good to see you again. Definitely saw improvement in your game this year. Glad you were able to join us today. I think your going to like that new putter.

@NVGOLFER80 it was fun watching you mash the ball. You’ll definitely give Nate a challenger fo LD next year. I have no doubt you’ll be breaking 76 soon. Congrats on winning both CTPs. Watching you almost hole that first one was fun.

To all the others that had to drop out, we missed you. The circumstances sucked this year but hopefully you’ll be back and 2021 will be bigger and better than ever.

Thanks! It was so much fun!

Wow, what a weekend! It is completely understandable that so many had to change their plans and miss this year's Lake Tahoe Open, I am just so glad that @SlightDraw kept it going for the few of us that could still make it. I was only planning on playing the two Saturday rounds, but there were four spots for Sunday at Edgewood, and only three planning on playing, so when @SlightDraw offered me the open spot I got clearance from the Boss and took him up on the unbelievable generosity. Three rounds in two days is getting to be a lot for me, I had an absolute blast, but I was definitely feeling the effects, and seeing it in my play as the holes added up ..... GETTING OLD SUCKS!

Great playing with @SlightDraw and @Schanker again, and meeting @tmarin802 and @NVGOLFER80 . These guys all know how to play this game of golf, and mostly to a level I'm personally unfamiliar with. I think we were playing with something like a 10 to 1 ratio, for every good shot I had, they each probably had ten, and for each bad shot they had, I probably had 10. I'm pretty sure we were all even on how much we were enjoying the weekend though, three great courses, each unique and different from the others, and just an overall good time with good people. We even had some good guys get thrown in with us on the Saturday rounds, Tom from Idaho at Old Greenwood, and Jeff and Tom from Arizona at Coyote Moon.

So, thanks again everyone, I'm already looking forward to LTO IV, :drinks:

Congrats guys for getting the weekend of golf in! Congrats @tmarin802 for hosting up the trophy. You get to borrow it for a year while we get the world's problems solved for my safe return in 2021. :p

Was gutted all weekend long and had second thoughts every minute of the days for not making the track. I've told @SlightDraw this over and over that I live for this trip every year. I'll get over it but glad you "local" guys strapped up the boots and got it done. High regard for you all. Congrats again to you all for keeping the tradition alive for this crazy f'ing year. #FUK2020
You're going down next year. ;)

Wow, what a weekend! It is completely understandable that so many had to change their plans and miss this year's Lake Tahoe Open, I am just so glad that @SlightDraw kept it going for the few of us that could still make it. I was only planning on playing the two Saturday rounds, but there were four spots for Sunday at Edgewood, and only three planning on playing, so when @SlightDraw offered me the open spot I got clearance from the Boss and took him up on the unbelievable generosity. Three rounds in two days is getting to be a lot for me, I had an absolute blast, but I was definitely feeling the effects, and seeing it in my play as the holes added up ..... GETTING OLD SUCKS!

Great playing with @SlightDraw and @Schanker again, and meeting @tmarin802 and @NVGOLFER80 . These guys all know how to play this game of golf, and mostly to a level I'm personally unfamiliar with. I think we were playing with something like a 10 to 1 ratio, for every good shot I had, they each probably had ten, and for each bad shot they had, I probably had 10. I'm pretty sure we were all even on how much we were enjoying the weekend though, three great courses, each unique and different from the others, and just an overall good time with good people. We even had some good guys get thrown in with us on the Saturday rounds, Tom from Idaho at Old Greenwood, and Jeff and Tom from Arizona at Coyote Moon.

So, thanks again everyone, I'm already looking forward to LTO IV, :drinks:
Thank you for continuing to keep this going, Adam. This year has been a crap show from the start but I'm glad it didn't kill this awesome event. For some of us, it just wasn't possible. But, I'm ready to come back next year and take on Nate, Stemmy, You, and everyone else for the ultimate battle for bragging rights... The Lake Tahoe Open!

And congrats to @tmarin802 for winning it all this year. Like Nate said, enjoy it while you can cuz we're coming for ya next year. :ROFLMAO:

Back