Lake Tahoe Open IV - 2021 Nor Cal Outing

I'd be happy to join on Friday. in if you have any last minute drop outs. I just live down the street and it would be fun to join. 9.7 but my best at the Wood is 89 from the Blues.

You should have a great trip!

Unfortunately Friday is booked with only 4 slots. We actually do have openings for Sat/Sun though as we have had some late drops.

Hey gang! I've spoken briefly with @mikeg_74 last week and let @SlightDraw know this weekend that I'm unfortunately not going to make it this year. I've had some family things to attend to recently and it's just going to need my full attention right now. Health and mind are good so It's killing me to write this cause Adam knows how much I've loved coming to Tahoe. Adulting and being a responsible parent comes at ya all the time but I'm choosing to take the approach it came at the right time here. (y)

Enjoy the weekend and have a Titos for me!

Unfortunately with severe fire danger up North that would likely impact this outing, a last minute cancellation of the outing was in order BUT a change has been made so that the show goes on in some form. I had been planning to play a full weekend of golf with friends and that is what is going to happen.

We are moving to Monterey to finish up the Lake Tahoe Open series.

I wanted to personally say thank you to @sposey013168 & @mikeg_74 for hanging in there until the very end. Tahoe just wasn't going to be worth the hassle of flying out with the weather next week and this change to Monterey was just last minute.

I also wanted to personally thank @Schanker & @Stemmy66 for their communication through all of this and their willingness to have this tiny outing on the same weekend, just in a different location.

So Year #4 will be as follows!

MONTEREY OPEN LOGO.png

Golf Rounds:
8/27 - Friday PM - Practice Round - Pacific Grove
8/28 - Saturday AM - Lake Tahoe Monterey Open Round #1 - Black Horse
8/28 - Saturday PM - Lake Tahoe Monterey Open Round #2 - Bayonet
8/29 - Sunday AM - Lake Tahoe Monterey Open Round #3 - Poppy Hills

The Field:
Schanker (11)
Stemmy (12)
SlightDraw (14)
Brumgarner (24) *soon to be THP'er

R.jpg

pacificgrove11.jpg

Bayonet-18th.jpg

Bayonet_CA_08-007-875x700.jpg

Unfortunately with severe fire danger up North that would likely impact this outing, a last minute cancellation of the outing was in order BUT a change has been made so that the show goes on in some form. I had been planning to play a full weekend of golf with friends and that is what is going to happen.

I wanted to personally say thank you to @sposey013168 & @mikeg_74 for hanging in there until the very end. Tahoe just wasn't going to be worth the hassle of flying out with the weather next week and this change to Monterey was just last minute.

I also wanted to personally thank @Schanker & @Stemmy66 for their communication through all of this and their willingness to have this tiny outing on the same weekend, just in a different location.

View attachment 9023349

Golf Rounds:

The Field:
Schanker (11)
Stemmy (12)
SlightDraw (14)

View attachment 9023354

View attachment 9023355

View attachment 9023356

View attachment 9023357
Dang, you boy's can't catch a break.....

Nice option. May see you on the course next weekend at BlackHorse/Bayonet as I had plans on possibly being there. If I see you I will come by and say hi.

View attachment 9023349

Golf Rounds:

The Field:
Schanker (11)
Stemmy (12)
SlightDraw (14)

View attachment 9023354

View attachment 9023355

View attachment 9023356

View attachment 9023357
@SlightDraw
Appreciate all the coordination and management of logistics trying to pull this off again! Next to impossible to find a fire workaround, but you always seem to pull off some magic! Looking forward to the opportunity to get together… even if it’s at sea level! 😉

IT's for the best. We can regroup and figure something out for next year.

Thanks Adam for keeping the show going, I was really bummed when it was canceled. The Caldor fire is only going to get worse, so it was the right call. Just feel bad for all the people in that area, they can't pick up an move to Monterrey as easily.

With the group settled at just 4 I was finally able to get the scoresheets updated. This one is going to be a little more simple since we can just play each opponent 6 times per round.

2021 Monterey Open.PNG

Below is a quick look at the setup for each round. HNDP/POPS (+0.5/-05) come into play when facing an opponent on a hole that has a difficulty rating within the difference of each players HNDP.

Scores are entered on the main leaderboard page and are populated in the remaining sheets automatically...taking POPS into account and adjusting scores/awarding points.

BH.PNG

BH2.PNG

Attachments

• BH2.PNG
    BH2.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
With the group settled at just 4 I was finally able to get the scoresheets updated. This one is going to be a little more simple since we can just play each opponent 6 times per round.

View attachment 9023941

Below is a quick look at the setup for each round. HNDP/POPS (+0.5/-05) come into play when facing an opponent on a hole that has a difficulty rating within the difference of each players HNDP.

Scores are entered on the main leaderboard page and are populated in the remaining sheets automatically...taking POPS into account and adjusting scores/awarding points.

View attachment 9023942

View attachment 9023945
Both of these courses at Old Fort Ord are tough, tough courses.... gotta keep the ball in the fairways and be below the hole on the greens.... mostly :oops:

Thanks Adam for putting the cards together should be a lot of fun! Oh, and a Bloody Mary breakfast to get the swing juices flowing :LOL:

Awesome job Adam. You always create a great spreadsheet. No holes against the course this year? I'm liking my chances!

Both of these courses at Old Fort Ord are tough, tough courses.... gotta keep the ball in the fairways and be below the hole on the greens.... mostly :oops:

Thanks Adam for putting the cards together should be a lot of fun! Oh, and a Bloody Mary breakfast to get the swing juices flowing :LOL:

That's why we are playing from 6200ish. But you're more than welcome to move back a tee if you want.

@SlightDraw - your Plan B is a solid A+. Enjoy the weekend.

Back