Lamkin Gripes - Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP sent out Lamkin Gripes to 8 forum members for review. This thread will serve as a place to read the reviews.

alrighty! got my gripes last night for testing.

being 7"x9" they are quite a bit bigger than i expected them to be.

I usually play or hit the range at least once a weekend, and i am either on the course or the range at least 4 out of 5 days of the week for golf team. i just cleaned my grips (with a brush and soap) the day before the team season started, so i'm going to wait a bit 'til i break out the gripes.
will probably clean them again like i usually do again this weekend, then next weekend before my first tournament with the gripes. got a pack of 15, and it says it is recommended not to use one grip on more than 5 clubs, so 2-3 gripes every time i clean, gives me at least 6-7 weeks worth of clean grips. awesomeness. i think i'm going to try a video/text combo review for my testing of the gripes. i'm actually quite excited to test these, as it's quite impossible to keep the mud off of anything during the winter/early spring rounds up here in the PNW. big thanks to THP and Lamkin for allowing me to do this, i will do my best to review these and answer as many questions about them as i can.

IMG_0766_zps70b8f76f.jpg

Well here it is! I received my grip wipes earlier today and put them right to work. The Lamkin cleaning wipes are to be used on rubber and synthetic rubber grips(as per instructions) As you can in the package you receive 15 wipes and should use one wipe for every five gripes. I personally felt as if the wipe could use one more so I wiped down six clubs just to try the first time. These are the gripes I'll be testing along with another kind as well just to see how the wipes react...

IMG_0768_zpsb5180e3f.jpg

IMG_0769_zps47415492.jpg

I can tell you that I've never been one that believes in cleaning grips. I believe that the best grips that you can get are brand new ones so to be honest I never thought of wiping/cleaning your grips. But after seeing the results its clear that this is something that shouldn't be taken likely. Although I believe that you are simply wiping off grip material(hence why the wipe is black) I can tell you that the feeling is like night and day. Mr current grips have been on the clubs for more than a year and they don't feel "brand new" but they certainly have a new life in them...Side A and Side B...

IMG_0770_zps0e77eaff.jpg

IMG_0771_zpscbabc3be.jpg

So far I haven't felt the end result of how they will feel tomorrow but by glancing at the grips and feeling them they feel great. This is a great way to cut down on spending for grips every season and will likely make me want to start cleaning my grips or atleast take better care of my grips and prolonging their life. More results come tomorrow!

IMG_0766_zps70b8f76f.jpg

Well here it is! I received my grip wipes earlier today and put them right to work. The Lamkin cleaning wipes are to be used on rubber and synthetic rubber grips(as per instructions) As you can in the package you receive 15 wipes and should use one wipe for every five gripes. I personally felt as if the wipe could use one more so I wiped down six clubs just to try the first time. These are the gripes I'll be testing along with another kind as well just to see how the wipes react...

IMG_0768_zpsb5180e3f.jpg

IMG_0769_zps47415492.jpg

I can tell you that I've never been one that believes in cleaning grips. I believe that the best grips that you can get are brand new ones so to be honest I never thought of wiping/cleaning your grips. But after seeing the results its clear that this is something that shouldn't be taken likely. Although I believe that you are simply wiping off grip material(hence why the wipe is black) I can tell you that the feeling is like night and day. Mr current grips have been on the clubs for more than a year and they don't feel "brand new" but they certainly have a new life in them...Side A and Side B...

IMG_0770_zps0e77eaff.jpg

IMG_0771_zpscbabc3be.jpg

So far I haven't felt the end result of how they will feel tomorrow but by glancing at the grips and feeling them they feel great. This is a great way to cut down on spending for grips every season and will likely make me want to start cleaning my grips or atleast take better care of my grips and prolonging their life. More results come tomorrow!

Great 1st write up. Did you use one gripe for all the grips?

Tapping away on my S3

Wow, so far these look to be as promising as they have been put out to be. I definitely am loving the reviews so far.

Great 1st write up. Did you use one gripe for all the grips?

Tapping away on my S3

No I actually only did 6 clubs tonight. I wanted to do just a few today so see the results tomorrow and do like a side by side comparison(like to see the improvement/different between the wiped down club and non wiped) I'll say the wipes were bigger then I expected like Oregon Jack said(about the length of an average grip) and worked well. Almost seemed like they could be used for 6 clubs in stead of 5 but we'll see the results tomorrow.

That's dirt and grease from your hands. Not rubber. Those things were filthy!

Posted via tapatalk.

That's dirt and grease from your hands. Not rubber. Those things were filthy!

Posted via tapatalk.

See I can say I'm skeptical about it! But the results are clear as day on the wipe!

That's a lot of dirt and grime from those grips Bmik

nusuvery.jpg

Nah, it's dirt dude. Here's one of my white grips that hasn't been cleaned in a few weeks.

Posted via tapatalk.

great review Bmik i'm def interested to see how these help me with keeping my grips in top shape throughout the season. especially keeping all my putter grips clean since a lot of them are expensive and i want to make sure they stay looking MINT.

Bmik out of the gate like a rocket. Can't wait to hear your thoughts tomorrow.

Great start guys. I am really needing to get these to clean my grips.

Great start OJ and bmik, I am really shocked that OJ received his Gripes before I did being how close I am to THP headquarters. Hopefully tomorrow I will be receiving a package.

Great start OJ and bmik, I am really shocked that OJ received his Gripes before I did being how close I am to THP headquarters. Hopefully tomorrow I will be receiving a package.

They might not be coming from THP headquarters, hopefully you get them tomorrow.

Thanks for the pictures bmik, I almost went down to the basement and cleaned my grips after seeing how much you cleaned off yours.

Great start, these are high on my ponder radar, just haven't seen any in store yet!

Hey guys how do you know if you can use these on your grips?

It says that they are for rubber and synthetic grips. I know I may sound like an idiot but what other grips are there?
I take it they are fine for my Permawrap Ace 3Gens?

nusuvery.jpg

Nah, it's dirt dude. Here's one of my white grips that hasn't been cleaned in a few weeks.

Posted via tapatalk.

Beat me to it. Use white grips one time and realize quickly how much dirt and oil ends up on your grips. My only question is what makes the Gripes better than plain old soap and water?

Hey guys how do you know if you can use these on your grips?

It says that they are for rubber and synthetic grips. I know I may sound like an idiot but what other grips are there?
I take it they are fine for my Permawrap Ace 3Gens?

Yes they are. Other grips would include true leather wraps, exotic skinned putter wraps, etc.

Beat me to it. Use white grips one time and realize quickly how much dirt and oil ends up on your grips. My only question is what makes the Gripes better than plain old soap and water?

For me, the time and convenience. They do a great job on white grips as well.

Posted via tapatalk.

I got mine yesterday in the mail. I won't bother with packaging pics as they all look the same. I was actually impressed with the weight of the package. Was much heavy than I thought they would be. I ha enter had a chance to open the package yet but just based off the weight of the package I would say they are going to be fairly thick and full of cleaning solution. I was busy last night and didn't get a chance to clean anything, but I have some light colored grips that I will be cleaning tonight. I will get those pics up tonight.

As far as how I will be storing these is going to in the trunk of my car once season really gets rolling. I would generally put them in a baggie to keep them sealed up but I want to see how they do just using the resealable flap on the top of the package.

My local Edwin Watts finally stocked the Lamkin Gripes so I bought a package, and used one to clean my SCOR wedge grips. Here are the results.

These pics are show some of the dirt and grime that they had picked up either in my bag or because of a dirty glove.

DSC00027_zps34ba253b.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00026_zpse1ed0622.jpg

And here is an example of how they turned out.

DSC00030_zps3d6f77a7.jpg

And the Gripe after cleaning 5 wedges.

DSC00029_zpsbc3d418c.jpg

The overall result was very good. It does take a little elbow grease for stubborn marks. I think it would require minimal effort if the grips were cleaned more regularly before the grime builds up. IMO quite worth the $5.99 I paid for a pack of 15 Gripes.

Any of the testers have the Golf Pride NDMC? Just curious to see how the gripe stands up to the corded part of the grip.

Very good start guys. These things look like the real deal right off the bat!

Back