Lamkin Gripes - Review Thread

I hope the mailman brings mine today!

these look awesome and for the $5.99 definitely worth it. I have never cleaned my grips and i will be picking up a pack of these when I see them to give it a try.

I've only used soap and water to clean my grips. I'll be following along on this one.

I can honestly say I have never cleaned a grip in my life. But then again I don't clean my clubs either. Once a week the clubs get cleaned by the guy at the course, but I know he doesn't do grips. So I will be watching this to see if people see a difference in the grips. I am sure it will get the dirt off, but does it actually make the grip of the club better?

I can honestly say I have never cleaned a grip in my life. But then again I don't clean my clubs either. Once a week the clubs get cleaned by the guy at the course, but I know he doesn't do grips. So I will be watching this to see if people see a difference in the grips. I am sure it will get the dirt off, but does it actually make the grip of the club better?

Cleaning your grips make them less slick. Take a look at them. You want your grips to be dull, not shiny.

Been using mineral spirits to clean grips for years (tip from tour van tech). Curious what the ingredient of the wipe solution is?

Got mine in the mail today. My PURE grips are too new (probably have four rounds on them) to really need cleaning yet, so I'll be wiping down my NDMCs (two years old) and dad's old Tour Velvets (15 years old, probably never been cleaned) right now. I'll report back in a few!

That's awesome guys, I finally found a place that sells them, I'll probably pick a container up today

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

My local Edwin Watts finally stocked the Lamkin Gripes so I bought a package, and used one to clean my SCOR wedge grips. Here are the results.

These pics are show some of the dirt and grime that they had picked up either in my bag or because of a dirty glove.

DSC00027_zps34ba253b.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00026_zpse1ed0622.jpg

And here is an example of how they turned out.

DSC00030_zps3d6f77a7.jpg

And the Gripe after cleaning 5 wedges.

DSC00029_zpsbc3d418c.jpg

The overall result was very good. It does take a little elbow grease for stubborn marks. I think it would require minimal effort if the grips were cleaned more regularly before the grime builds up. IMO quite worth the $5.99 I paid for a pack of 15 Gripes.

Dang those are dirty grips, but they cleaned up well for $6

Alrighty, here we go. First off, thanks to THP and Lamkin for this awesome testing opportunity. I'll be honest, when I first saw the preview for these, I thought it was nothing more than a gimmick. How could a wipe be so special, what's wrong with spal and water? I was wrong.

My PURE grips are too new to effectively use for the testing right now, so I wiped down my NDMCs which are two years old and cleaned once every week or two when I clean my clubs, with soapy water. My dad's Tour Velvets are 15 years old and have probably never been cleaned.

attachment.php

I was puzzled by the package at first as I had no clue how I was going to keep them all moist when I'd have to tear it open to get one out. That problem resolved itself quickly. The back has a description of the product and tells you to only use it on rubber and synthetic rubber grips because it can damage leather and other types of non-rubber grips.

attachment.php

The middle folds open and dispenses them like a tissue box, then the cover seals up over it nicely to keep the Gripes moist. The package fits perfectly in your golf bag so you can have them right with your clubs at all times.

attachment.php

I wiped down each of the two pictured grips once, and a good bit of dirt came off of each one. Here's what it looked like after wiping the two of them down. After I let them dry, I immediately noticed they were a bit more "tacky" and felt a lot more like they did two years ago than they did two minutes ago.

attachment.php

I guessed each Gripe would last me six grips, so I wiped down four more NDMCs and each grip was good as new. The Gripe was too. It was still plenty moist and I thought it had plenty of life left in it. So I went ahead and wipes down my hole set, plus four more of my dad's for a total of 19 grips.

attachment.php

After 10^

attachment.php

After 19^

By this point, the moisture was about gone in the Gripe and they were getting cleaned a little less, but it still worked. I think cleaning the whole set of grips with one Gripe will be no problem for me, cleaning them once a week. Comparing to cleaning with soap and water, it's no contest. You can literally see the dirt come off of the grips with the Gripes.

I think we have a real winner with this product. No doubt in my mind if every golfer used these on their grips once a week, the grip industry would suffer a decline because golfers wouldn't need new grips nearly as often. I hope these start popping up everywhere that sells grips because after one use, I'm a customer for life.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245931.477471.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245931.477471.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245938.468116.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245938.468116.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245944.817233.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245944.817233.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245960.256981.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245960.256981.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245974.025579.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245974.025579.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245980.583386.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245980.583386.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245987.094348.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362245987.094348.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Any of the testers have the Golf Pride NDMC? Just curious to see how the gripe stands up to the corded part of the grip.

i have the NDMC on 7 of my clubs.

Anyone want to comment on how these are different from clorox bleach wipes or baby wipes? Far cheaper and should do just as a good job cleaning, I would think.

Reserved

THPing on Tapatalk

Do you feel like the tackiness has been restored on your grips?

does a scotty cameron stock pistolini grip count as rubber and/or synthetic?

Anyone want to comment on how these are different from clorox bleach wipes or baby wipes? Far cheaper and should do just as a good job cleaning, I would think.

I was actually planning to test that very thing. The Clorox will have to be on an old club I don't game anymore though, in case the bleach hurts the grip.

I will be watching this closely...cleaning my gripes is something I usually neglect.

My initial review is up 7 posts above this.

Some awesome info in here already. These pictures really do tell the story!

I was actually planning to test that very thing. The Clorox will have to be on an old club I don't game anymore though, in case the bleach hurts the grip.

Cool! Looking forward to this. Was thinking the clorox might be a bit aggressive but baby wipes are are meant for delicate skin and retaining moisture.

Cool! Looking forward to this. Was thinking the clorox might be a bit aggressive but baby wipes are are meant for delicate skin and retaining moisture.

Yeah, the moisturizer concerns me too

Great stuff going on in this thread!!

Has anyone used these on Tour Wrap grips yet and if so, results?

Great job in here guys! I might have to give these a try soon. Keep up the good work.

I used these Gripes today on the course. I like that i'm able to wipe down several clubs, and still have enough left in the wipe to use it to clean up a club or two after a shot.

I'll be interested to hear the tester's thoughts on that too. I did side by side testing with baby wipes and it wasn't really even close. Baby wipes disintegrated before they even cleaned a single grip. Didn't do Clorox.

Enjoying the thoughts people,

Back