Lamkin Gripes - Review Thread

I'm going to go tomorrow to see if my local GS has these stocked. If so I will buy a pack. I've got a ton of clubs with some nasty grips

My local EW finally got these in so I purchased some today. Gonna clean the grips in the morning and see what I think. Feedback has been outstanding thus far.

Has anyone used these on Tour Wrap grips yet and if so, results?

I'll be testing them today(those are what are on my clubs vs the ones I started yesterday)

I used another one of these today on my son's cleveland wedge. He's taken over my Vokey's so I grabbed his cleveland. It was one of those I put my hands on the wedge and looked at him and said "Dude, you need to regrip these things" I was a slick and slippery as a snake!. Anyway I grabbed a gripe to see if I could at least rejuvenate the grip enough to finish up a round. I was totally impressed with that it make the grip tacky enough so I didn't feel like I was going to send one flying. I'm not sure a wet towel would of gotten me there or not. And it was 36 degrees so I would of been rubbing ice on it anyway.

Anyone want to comment on how these are different from clorox bleach wipes or baby wipes? Far cheaper and should do just as a good job cleaning, I would think.

I think you'll find that the baby wipes will shred before you get a grip clean.. Don't know about the Clorox wipes.

I think you'll find that the baby wipes will shred before you get a grip clean.. Don't know about the Clorox wipes.

I have Clorox wipes and the are pretty sturdy, I'll give them a go on my grips to see what they're like

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ok guys what do you think will these clean these dirty grips?

IMG_20130302_155253_zpsa99d4b4c.jpg

I also have learned my lesson about white grips and I will not make that mistake again. Haha live and learn

You'll need a little elbow grease, but they'll come clean I bet. Mine did.

You'll need a little elbow grease, but they'll come clean I bet. Mine did.

Good call, just wasn't sure what to use to clean them, never cleaned grips before.

My bad. I misread that lol. These things work really well for it if you can find them.

Posted via tapatalk.

Anyone want to comment on how these are different from clorox bleach wipes or baby wipes? Far cheaper and should do just as a good job cleaning, I would think.

I believe Hawk did a great job of showing how different these are than baby wipes with his review done months ago. No where near as durable (baby wipes) and shredded rather quickly. Similar thing happened to me with Lysol wipes (similar to clorox wipes) as these are larger, thicker and more durable.

I have my review video made but my computer is being a turd.. Hopefully i can get it uploaded soon.

I believe Hawk did a great job of showing how different these are than baby wipes with his review done months ago. No where near as durable (baby wipes) and shredded rather quickly. Similar thing happened to me with Lysol wipes (similar to clorox wipes) as these are larger, thicker and more durable.

I'm hesitant to buy any other kind of wipes for this because of that exact reason. They'll tear to shreds as soon as you rub it on a cord grip. I do have a few other ideas for comparison though.

these look awesome and for the $5.99 definitely worth it. I have never cleaned my grips and i will be picking up a pack of these when I see them to give it a try.

These are only 5.99?! You are doing a great job testers. I had a few questions but they have all already been answered by you in your posts or in replies to others. I will need to pick up a pack.

You will have zero problems using the Gripes on a cord grip. I was on Hawk during the review a while back and he delivered. I hope you guys find out for yourselves you wont be dissapointed.

Just found these in a local store ($3.99) literally the day before they showed up for testing. So far I love them. I have Tour Wrap G2 grips and I am sure they are made by Swiffer they pick up dust so fast. Even indoors they get gritty and dusty in a couple of practice sessions.

Gripes work awesome. They say 5 clubs per wipe but you can likely do the whole set. They are huge and soaking in cleaning solution. There is no comparison to other wipes. These are big thick and tough. They are tough enough to stand up to pretty much any grip. My GolfTec coach even tried them out on some of his teaching clubs and they don't shred or pill on corded grips.

The portability is the great thing, 5 min. anywhere and you can clean your grips. Your friend can likely do his too with the same wipe unless your grips are really really grungy.

Any of the testers have the Golf Pride NDMC? Just curious to see how the gripe stands up to the corded part of the grip.
Not sure if anyone else touched on this, but I got a set of these Gripes from Lamkin on Facebook. I only have 1 NDMC in my bag but I cleaned the heck out of it and it didn't seem to do anything to my cloth in terms of ripping or tearing it.

Just found these in a local store ($3.99) literally the day before they showed up for testing. So far I love them. I have Tour Wrap G2 grips and I am sure they are made by Swiffer they pick up dust so fast. Even indoors they get gritty and dusty in a couple of practice sessions.

Gripes work awesome. They say 5 clubs per wipe but you can likely do the whole set. They are huge and soaking in cleaning solution. There is no comparison to other wipes. These are big thick and tough. They are tough enough to stand up to pretty much any grip. My GolfTec coach even tried them out on some of his teaching clubs and they don't shred or pill on corded grips.

The portability is the great thing, 5 min. anywhere and you can clean your grips. Your friend can likely do his too with the same wipe unless your grips are really really grungy.

Was that at GolfTown?

The mailman really came through today, and I was happy to find my package of Gripes in the mailbox.

Since I am not someone who regularly cleans their grips, I was curious to see what the results of first test with the Lamkin Gripes would be. When I say that I don't regularly clean my grips, I actually mean that I never clean my grips. If they're wet, I'll towel them dry. That's it.

Since I had heard that the recommendation was to use one wipe for every 4 to 5 clubs, I decided to first try to see how much I could get out of a single Gripe. An economy test if you like.

My economy test method was to start with my putter grip and move up to the driver. After letting the grips dry a little, I would use a second Gripe and go in reverse order, seeing if it would pick up leftovers from the first pass.

Grips Before
Spoiler

Full set of grips to be cleaned
DSCN2313_zps42076c0c.jpg

Close up of darkened texture and lines
DSCN2315_zpsfa2b0ea2.jpg

The darker spots in this closeup look like they may have washed out a little from the flash, but the patch corresponds with where my left palm sits. The white fill was pretty obviously darker than the rest to the naked eye.

Grips After
Spoiler

DSCN2317_zpsad002a56.jpg

DSCN2318_zpsa319038b.jpg

DSCN2319_zpscd66c861.jpg

Wipe after
Spoiler

Hey! A white spot!!
DSCN2322_zpse71030d0.jpg

Notice how worn the surface is on both sides, but the Gripes did not wear through.
DSCN2323_zps5fb0b12c.jpg

Impressions
I gave the grips a pretty vigorous scrubbing. I was impressed with the sturdiness of the Gripes. Lamkin Crosslines may not be full cords, but they do have pretty significant texture. The Gripe stood up to that abuse well. As you can see there was only the one tear, and that came at the very end of the cleaning.

After getting through all 13 grips pictured, using what I assume is a typical method of scrubbing one's grips, the Gripe still had some clean spots on it and plenty of moisture remaining. So I decided to use it for some fine detailing. I bunched it up and applied firm pressure to push the Gripe into some of the dirtier white fill areas. I have to say that this worked very well. This was very noticeable on the cap lines in Golf Pride Tour Velvet, and I think shows up in the before and after pictures.

A single Gripe lasted through all that, with one little tear.

I would say that the economy test was passed. After letting the grips dry, I went ahead with my second Gripe for the leftovers. I basically wasted the second Gripe. The grip surfaces were in great shape. Other than maybe some additional detailing, this was not necessary.

Restoration of Tack
The product claims to rejuvenate the tackiness of the grip, and I can absolutely confirm that this claim is true for the two brands of grips that I have tested on so far.

The tack on the lone Golf Pride Tour Velvet in my set was significantly improved. This grip happens to be on my 56° wedge, which I have been taking off my glove for lately. After cleaning I gave this club a few swings as normal, and I had to put my glove back on. It was tack overload.

The Lamkin Crosslines that are most used in my set are the Driver, 8I, and PW. Crosslines are not usually overly tacky. All three prior to testing had darkened fill lines and smooth (but not slick) patches. Post cleaning, they look and feel great again.

Last edited:
Still waiting on mine. Cannot wait!

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Video finally downloaded, currently formatting, should be uploaded to youtube, and posted here by midnight at latest.

The mailman really came through today, and I was happy to find my package of Gripes in the mailbox.

Since I am not someone who regularly cleans their grips, I was curious to see what the results of first test with the Lamkin Gripes would be. When I say that I don't regularly clean my grips, I actually mean that I never clean my grips. If they're wet, I'll towel them dry. That's it.

Since I had heard that the recommendation was to use one wipe for every 4 to 5 clubs, I decided to first try to see how much I could get out of a single Gripe. An economy test if you like.

My economy test method was to start with my putter grip and move up to the driver. After letting the grips dry a little, I would use a second Gripe and go in reverse order, seeing if it would pick up leftovers from the first pass.

Grips Before
Spoiler

Full set of grips to be cleaned
DSCN2313_zps42076c0c.jpg

Close up of darkened texture and lines
DSCN2315_zpsfa2b0ea2.jpg

The darker spots in this closeup look like they may have washed out a little from the flash, but the patch corresponds with where my left palm sits. The white fill was pretty obviously darker than the rest to the naked eye.

Grips After
Spoiler

DSCN2317_zpsad002a56.jpg

DSCN2318_zpsa319038b.jpg

DSCN2319_zpscd66c861.jpg

Wipe after
Spoiler

Hey! A white spot!!
DSCN2322_zpse71030d0.jpg

Notice how worn the surface is on both sides, but the Gripes did not wear through.
DSCN2323_zps5fb0b12c.jpg

Impressions
I gave the grips a pretty vigorous scrubbing. I was impressed with the sturdiness of the Gripes. Lamkin Crosslines may not be full cords, but they do have pretty significant texture. The Gripe stood up to that abuse well. As you can see there was only the one tear, and that came at the very end of the cleaning.

After getting through all 13 grips pictured, using what I assume is a typical method of scrubbing one's grips, the Gripe still had some clean spots on it and plenty of moisture remaining. So I decided to use it for some fine detailing. I bunched it up and applied firm pressure to push the Gripe into some of the dirtier white fill areas. I have to say that this worked very well. This was very noticeable on the cap lines in Golf Pride Tour Velvet, and I think shows up in the before and after pictures.

A single Gripe lasted through all that, with one little tear.

I would say that the economy test was passed. After letting the grips dry, I went ahead with my second Gripe for the leftovers. I basically wasted the second Gripe. The grip surfaces were in great shape. Other than maybe some additional detailing, this was not necessary.

Restoration of Tack
The product claims to rejuvenate the tackiness of the grip, and I can absolutely confirm that this claim is true for the two brands of grips that I have tested on so far.

The tack on the lone Golf Pride Tour Velvet in my set was significantly improved. This grip happens to be on my 56° wedge, which I have been taking off my glove for lately. After cleaning I gave this club a few swings as normal, and I had to put my glove back on. It was tack overload.

The Lamkin Crosslines that are most used in my set are the Driver, 8I, and PW. Crosslines are not usually overly tacky. All three prior to testing had darkened fill lines and smooth (but not slick) patches. Post cleaning, they look and feel great again.

This is a high quality response man, very nicely done!!!! Never ceases to amaze me how well the Gripes stand up to all the rubbing down.

warning: i sounded like quite the 'tard for the first minute or so. i didn't go full 'tard though, so it's ok.

Nice video Jack

These seem great. Wish I would have bought them last week when I saw them at Dicks.

Back