Lamkin vs Golf Pride

TIGolfer1996

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay, so me and some golfer friends have been getting into debates about what's better, Lamkin or Golf Pride, I told them I was a member here and would leave it up to the always faithful THPers to decide, I know it's all a matter of personal preference, but which do you prefer? I said Lamkin, as I have Crossline black grips on all my clubs except for my putter, wedge(which bears Crossline with Callaway's V logo) and my driver, which, ironically, bears a Golf Pride VDR in blue. So, with that being said, let's see the results! (Oh and one said Winn, we all chuckled because none of us really like Winn, loved the HERO grips though)

I am between the I-line and Niion gribs for me irons. Can't decide.

I am between the I-line and Niion gribs for me irons. Can't decide.

I am in the same boat. I love the Golf Pride Z Grips but will likely stick the Lamkin I-line's on my other set.

I love the GP Z Grip Cords on all my clubs, such a great grip in humid conditions!

I prefer Lamkin. Not really a contest.. I just love the RELs and have gamed them for nearly a year now. If it's up to me, the biggest change will be to the i-lines.

I'm really liking the Niion's that I have on right now. I think both Lamkin and Golfpride make good grips though and I would not hesitate to use either company's grips.

They are both fine. I have played mostly Lamkin for 2 years now, but I'm not married to them.

Well, considering the Niion's and iLines are my favorite grips in quite some time I think its a tie for me. Niion's on my irons and iLines on my wedges.

Well, considering the Niion's and iLines are my favorite grips in quite some time I think its a tie for me. Niion's on my irons and iLines on my wedges.

As someone that is currently playing both - how would you compare the two? Need a new set for my rocketbladez and i've narrowed it down to these two based on THPfeedback

They are both fine. I have played mostly Lamkin for 2 years now, but I'm not married to them.

I'm the very same way, though I followed Lamkin and put forth input on their grips and next thing I know, 12 Crossline Black's on my doorstep!

As someone that is currently playing both - how would you compare the two? Need a new set for my rocketbladez and i've narrowed it down to these two based on THPfeedback

I don't think there's a wrong choice between them to be honest. For me the Niion's hold up better in the rain, but outside of that they both feel great.

I don't think there's a wrong choice between them to be honest. For me the Niion's hold up better in the rain, but outside of that they both feel great.

I-Lines a bit softer/tackier? I felt the Niions in store an they felt good - grip patter felt pretty aggressive

I-Lines a bit softer/tackier? I felt the Niions in store an they felt good - grip patter felt pretty aggressive

For me I actually think the Niions are tackier but the iLines are a bit softer. Both solid choices you'd be happy with, seriously.

For me I actually think the Niions are tackier but the iLines are a bit softer. Both solid choices you'd be happy with, seriously.

Don't need a vice to regrip yourself, correct?

Don't need a vice to regrip yourself, correct?

Nope, I know some swear by having to have one but I've re-gripped hundreds and hundreds of clubs without one.

Lamkin. I-lines are awesome.

And Lamkin sponsored the Branson Invitational so they are now my go to grip.

Lamkin for me. Started gaming the REL about 2 years ago at the suggestion of my buddy and have not changed. I put the Crossline Ace on my new irons this spring and absolutely love them.

Want to try the I-Line, but as of now I am certainly a GP NDMC Whiteout user and love them.

Nope, I know some swear by having to have one but I've re-gripped hundreds and hundreds of clubs without one.

Very good to know.

13 i-lines, 13 pierces of grip tape, and solven for $97 on the bay.... tempting...

If it's only between these two companies, GP Z cord and non-cord version are prob my favorite.

I have always liked golf pride. I've used Lamkin once, but kept going back to GP.

Love the NDMC, but currently gripped with 3GEN REL, which i equally love. Only problem with NDMC is $10 a grip, c'mon man!

Long time GP Tour Velvet user here, but I've sorta fallen in love with the Lamkin R.E.L 3Gens I have on my clubs now. I'll call it a tie.

Everything in golf is subjective, including grips.........

I am testing the Niions for THP and Golf Pride. My time with the colorful grips so far as been a treat. Tacky but not sticky. Comfortable without being soft. Responsive without being harsh. Pretty much all I can ask for from my grips.

Back