Largest spread between your scores?

mancest

Went to the Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Played in a tournament Monday and was just dreadful. Day started 3 putt, 4 putt, 3 putt, 3 putt and it didn't get a lot better from there. Shot a 102. Next day shot an 87. Played 3 times this weekend and went 78/84/78. So in the span of 5 days I had 24 strokes between one score and another. Different courses, but not like one was hosting the us open.....

What is your biggest spread in a fairly short amount of time? Anybody get it to 30 (70 to 100)?

I had 10 between nines on the same course, if that counts. Shot 33 ( 3 under ) on the front and then shot 43 on the back.

Other than that. In 1 week ( Saturday to Saturday ), I shot 79/87/74.

I once shot a 76, 26 putts and the next day shot a 92 with 36 putts. The funny thing is I thought that I struck the ball better on the second day than the first. But I putted so poorly the second day.
So 16 shot differential.

I could check recents, but by score it's always around 12 in any decent stretch. A bad or casual day, and a really good one.

Tournament and recreation rounds are different animals. I can typically grind out tournament rounds. I'd say my biggest gap is between 9s. Nothing worse than going 36/37 > 46/47. My buddy has the gift of doing the opposite. Not sure how he does it because the back 9 is significantly harder.

This weekend I went 104/89

At the Ultimate Gathering at Grand Cypress in 2018, I shot 115 on The New Course. I can't even remember how many balls I lost. Just dreadful.

The next day I shot 97 on the same course. So 18 strokes.

EDIT: I just looked at the scorecard on that 115 and I had 7 penalty strokes on the front 9 alone. :eek:

Since I took up golf again, my separation has been around 6-7 strokes. I'm usually somewhere between 82-89, with 29-34 putts. I usually score in the mid 80s. Breaking 90 is pretty easy for me, 98% of the time.

In one week last year I went from a 76 to a 93. So 17 strokes. This was on my home course and then a brand new course to me that was one of the narrowest I’ve ever played and it killed me. That’s the biggest I see in the last year

Within a week last month I shot 92, 80 and 84 on the same course - so a 12 stroke swing between the low and high in that week. So far for 2021 (76 rounds), my low is 74 and my high is 92.

In back-to-back rounds on the same day I went from an 85 to a 106. I was just physically and mentally fatigued and forgot how to swing a club.

I also shot a 53 front 9 followed by a 40 back 9 last weekend.

Played in a tournament Monday and was just dreadful. Day started 3 putt, 4 putt, 3 putt, 3 putt and it didn't get a lot better from there. Shot a 102. Next day shot an 87. Played 3 times this weekend and went 78/84/78. So in the span of 5 days I had 24 strokes between one score and another. Different courses, but not like one was hosting the us open.....

What is your biggest spread in a fairly short amount of time? Anybody get it to 30 (70 to 100)?
If you were a race horse questions may have been asked forming the basis of a stewards enquiry lol 😊😊

I don't often get the chance to play more than once a week due to work, but looking at my last 20 scores, they range from 78 - 89, so 11 shots difference

Golf trip...shot 95 and then went low with 81. It was a fun week.

Last November, to close out the golf season, I shot a 115 and then five days later, I shot a (gulp) 151. Worst round of my life - I was distracted and upset by something totally unrelated to golf and never gave myself a chance.

That round, however, led me to take more lessons and practice a ton this year, which has resulted in me breaking 100 10 rounds out of 11, so there’s a bright side!

this year i have a 91 and a 74

I’ve never gone 70-100, but I have followed a 98 with a 135. Yes...a 135. It was a hungover round on a really tough course I’d never played before. Nothing went right, and I finished helge round with a ball I found while looking for my tee shot on 18 (and I carry a lot of balls).

Alright... looking for an active thread to post in BUT not looking to be a participant in this weekend. Noon tee time tomorrow with a new 4some. Played with the host a few weeks ago and can handle him. Use to play with another guy, a lot, and he's much improved from a couple years ago. He'll be stiffest competition but I can handle him as well. Guy I'll be riding with is 82? and a total unknown but has been taking these guys' money the last few weeks so will be an advantage to be in his cart and go head-2-head. We are playing some form of Bingo-Bango-Bongo so plenty of way to get points thru each hole.

Any thoughts on advantages? Its kind of bomb and gouge but if I end up in position to go later just put a ball in play to win a point? I figure the goal is to win 1/3 of drives, 1/3 of greenies, & 1/3 of low scores? Length is my advantage and the course starts, par5, long par 3, long par 5, #1 hc par 4, so a fast start is imperative.
After that the course is a little more tactical...

I have had those days. You hit really well and score a 86 and not a week later and hit a 99. I know I have.

My spread is 77 to 99 this year on different courses. Even worse than that is my front to back spread. Irish course at whistling straits this year went 39/56. Long story lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My spread so far this year is a low of 70 and a high of 85.

I once went 83/70 on the same day at my home club with no break between rounds. On a typical month my high/low spread is about 11 strokes.

Golf trip a few weeks ago. Day 1 I shot 104, with a horrific 59 on the front 9. Last round on day 3 went 84. 20 strokes better in 48 hours.

Consecutive 9s: 15 (this week...36 on the back 9 Monday, 51 on the front 9 Tuesday)

Full Rounds: 18 (73 at my home course followed by a 91 at Whistling Straits - not sure if this counts in the spirit of the discussion lol)

In 2021, it is 13 (71 - 84). Usually does not exceed 15 is a given year.

Back